Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2013, 08:55 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
how is it bigotry to want a system of immigration to be beneficial to this nation and see people bases of there skills and ability, not there skin color? how is that bigotry? how is that racist?
The laziness of the left screams bigotry. They are people who have no skill but talking. Liberals don't want to get their hands dirty so they hire illegal nannies and gardeners ....and are happy to have cheap labor. When someone threaten to take their dearly loved illegal servants away from them....they call those people bigots.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:09 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Source?...
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/he...pagewanted=all

"Like other hospitals, particularly public hospitals, Grady has been left to provide costly treatments to nonpaying illegal residents who most likely could not have obtained such care in their home countries. American taxpayers and health care consumers have borne the expense. Over time, the mounting losses have compromised Grady’s charitable mission, forcing layoffs, increases in fees and the elimination of services. Years and years of providing this free care has led Grady to the breaking point,” said Matt Gove, one of the hospital’s senior vice presidents. “If we don’t make the gut-wrenching decisions now, there won’t be a Grady later. Then, everyone loses.”"

Illegal aliens threatenU.S. medical system

http://www.jpands.org/vol10no1/cosman.pdf

With Hospitals, It's Survival of the Fattest, Not the Fittest - Grant Results Reports - Program Results - Publications and research - RWJF

"Hospitals that closed depended less heavily on outpatient revenue but served greater shares of Medicaid patients."

"In their final report to RWJF, the researchers concluded: "Our findings suggest … that the pattern of hospital closings in US cities in recent decades may have damaged access to care generally, may have had an adverse and disproportionate impact on minority Americans specifically."

Quote:
I believe if it were European whites (no matter how they would vote if they were able to naturalize later) there would be no resistance from Republicans even if they came illegally...
Republican policies don't interest me, since the party is populated with large numbers of corporates who directly benefit from increased immigration levels, one of the reasons the party no longer retains my interest.

Quote:
She's called the "Asian Ann Coulter", and can be just as inane...
I repeat, she is not the thread topic, and any posts that focus on her are trolling.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:14 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,910,626 times
Coulter is just doing what she always does. Mimics the most base hatreds of the people on the far right. It's sad but the Republican Party has become the racist, xenophobic nativist party and THAT is the heart of their election losing problems. Sorry, but saying the same racist garbage with a smile on your face isn't going to win you any votes. The reason EVERY SINGLE non-white demographic mostly doesn't vote for Republicans (as well as several white religious minorities like Jews, atheists, and Muslims) is because the GOP has made it perfectly clear that they are not welcome.

They've chased off so many people they now can't win elections without trying to prevent some portion of the citizens from voting. Thus their constant attempts at voter suppression which only doubles down on the stupidity which got them to this low state of affairs and which is no solution to their problems at all. The smart people in the GOP already know this but their own toxic, hate filled base, won't let them make the needed changes and that is why the GOP is destined to sink into a regional rural party. Berry Goldwater was right, the Republican Party has been captured by the extremists and now it can't become unstuck.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:14 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The laziness of the left screams bigotry. They are people who have no skill but talking. Liberals don't want to get their hands dirty
LOL.

Who knew? Dang. And I personally filled 14 39-gallon Hefty bags with yard clippings and trimmings last week. And tore through a brand new pair of work gloves doing it. Damn thorns. I was supposed to be sitting and what.... having a martini? I gotta tell all the liberals I know that we're supposed to be sitting on our butts making the conservatives whine, not working in the yard trimming back overgrown bushes. Making the conservatives cry would be MUCH more fun.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 04-25-2013 at 09:32 PM..

Old 04-25-2013, 09:57 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Mimics the most base hatreds of the people on the far right. It's sad but the Republican Party has become the racist, xenophobic nativist party and THAT is the heart of their election losing problems. Sorry, but saying the same racist garbage with a smile on your face isn't going to win you any votes. The reason EVERY SINGLE non-white demographic mostly doesn't vote for Republicans (as well as several white religious minorities like Jews, atheists, and Muslims) is because the GOP has made it perfectly clear that they are not welcome.
The requisite name-calling and bile spewed against all and any who do not agree with the current legal/illegal immigration policies is a sign of an inability to follow your namesake, and the very nonsense against which you supposedly stand for.

There are a vast majority of those who, like me, want the doors closed - and we are far from racist - which usually is the last refuge of the failed Left when it is unable to defeat their opponents in the marketplace of ideas.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/26/us...html?ref=world

Optimism Dims for U.S. Middle Class

Mind you, I despise many aspects of the right, such as the corporate right, but that is getting off-topic.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:57 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
when then why do you hater you our music, culture, food, and company?

if you hate yours and love theirs...leave your nation. Why bring their nation to yours?
I'm sorry, but ...what? I can't make sense of your post.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:00 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,243,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
You're citing a 2010 and a 2011 report. Just as that reports are outdated for many, many reasons, so is your list of complaints. You and Ms. Coulter are entitled to your rants, But those rants will have little effect on CIR or Immigration reform in any sense; But you and Ann keep up the good work, rants are always fun to read.
If you have more updated statistics, go ahead and post them. If you have ANY information to explain why you think as you do, post that too. FYI, 2010 and 2011 statistics are not "outdated." It takes time to collect, report, interpret, analyze, and publish large numbers and related information.

I must ask yet again, why is it so rare for a liberal to respond to a post using factual information or personal experience supporting their opposing views? How far have educational and intellectual norms fallen when name-calling, insults and unsupported dismissals of facts and statistics are standard responses? Why do so many posters think that their unsupported opinions and blanket dismissals of huge societal problems have the same validity as actual statistics, facts and studies?

Most Americans have immigrant ancestors, but our nation's taxpayers can no longer support the continued flow and resulting skyrocketing costs. Education costs in particular are at crisis levels; the elderly and those on fixed incomes in Exeter NH have been forced to sell their homes at fire sale prices as property taxes (1/2 of which go to education) approached or exceeded $10,000 a year for even modest homes in disrepair. This excellent paper (published in a scholarly journal in early 2011) discusses the costs and statistics of educating immigrants for those who want to learn The Social Contract - K-12 Education and Immigration: Part 5.

Finally, considering the grammar, punctuation, capitalization and sentence structure of the response above (and countless others on C-D), I cannot help but think that standards of our education system, and our nation in general, are in decline.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:03 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
The reason EVERY SINGLE non-white demographic mostly doesn't vote for Republicans (as well as several white religious minorities like Jews, atheists, and Muslims) is because the GOP has made it perfectly clear that they are not welcome.

Of course Atheists are not fans of Republicans, most Republicans are RELIGIOUS. Atheists don't believe in any higher being.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:09 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,841,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The laziness of the left screams bigotry. They are people who have no skill but talking. Liberals don't want to get their hands dirty so they hire illegal nannies and gardeners ....and are happy to have cheap labor. When someone threaten to take their dearly loved illegal servants away from them....they call those people bigots.
Perhaps they do, but so do Conservatives - so not much difference really.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:14 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,583,826 times
Well, when it come to illegal immigrants I guess I'm really bad. I have two illegal immigrant Americans living in my home. I've got Chico the redneck rebel chipoo from Alabama and little Eva the purebred standard poodle who snuck in from Montana via Buffalo just a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure Chico is a republican because he barks at everything and little Eva she must be a Dem because she likes sharing all her things with everyone. I'm not even going to tell you about the two Nazi cats who also live here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies