Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 02:22 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
From the link:

"It's a temporary thing out of respect," said Kent, who is the Store Manager of the Williams-Sonoma at the Natick Mall.

Maybe it was the only way they could think of to show respect. If I were buying a pressure cooker for a bomb, I wouldn't go to Williams-Sonoma to do get it. I wouldn't even go to Macy's. If I had to buy it new, I'd go to Walmart.
I wouldn't even go to Wal-Mart. I don't set foot in that crap hole. Ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 02:23 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
One store in MA. And only temporarily.

Seems like a non-story to me folks.
Well some member of the Obama family isn't on vacation or wearing a new dress so the nut jobs have to resort to something even less newsworthy.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Your choice. I shop there. Maybe when some of these other discount stores start carrying fabric and other sewing supplies, scrub uniforms and some other things I buy there, I'll go somewhere else.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:30 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,924,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Because people who plan to make bombs care about socially responsible shopping.

I've actually been checking out prices for pressure cookers lately because I want to start canning. I was in Walmart the other day and walked by them and stopped to see what they had. Then I looked around all paranoid and decided I should probably look at pressure cookers in a few months. lol

Old 04-24-2013, 02:34 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Your choice. I shop there. Maybe when some of these other discount stores start carrying fabric and other sewing supplies, scrub uniforms and some other things I buy there, I'll go somewhere else.
What most people don't realize is that WalMart makes a great effort to purchase goods from vendors and suppliers close to their stores - many times for produce and other grocery-related products.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:41 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Hasn't this "Wal-Mart sucks/Wal-Mart rules" debate been done to death already in multiple threads and forums? Do we really have to re-hash it here?

Old 04-24-2013, 02:42 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Well, don't say I didn't warn you.

Make a joke about some abysmally silly thing liberals might do, and you'll get a laugh that day. But you might find them actually DOING it, in all seriousness, tomorrow.

And so it is.

BTW, the bombers carjacked a Mercedes from somebody, and drove away in it.

When can we expect Mercedes-Benz to pull all their vehicles out of their showrooms?

-----------------------------------------------

Williams-Sonoma Pulls Pressure Cookers Off Shelves in Massachusetts - Natick, MA Patch

Williams-Sonoma Pulls Pressure Cookers Off Shelves in Massachusetts

By Robert Rosen
April 22, 2013

Following the Boston Marathon bombing last Monday in which pressure cookers were used for the explosion, the cookware giant has decided to temporarily stop selling the items in their Massachusetts stores.

OUTSIDE BOSTON, MA -- Williams-Sonoma, the specialty retailer of home furnishings and gourmet cookware with over 250 stores in the United States, has pulled pressure cookers from their shelves following the Boston Marathon bombing.

"It's a temporary thing out of respect," said Kent, who is the Store Manager of the Williams-Sonoma at the Natick Mall. He referred Patch to corporate for further questions.

Pressure cookers will still be available on the Williams-Sonoma website.
Have you ever heard about "copy cat crimes?"

Old 04-24-2013, 03:43 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I guess by the more upscale shoppers next ?

Old 04-24-2013, 03:51 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
Because people who plan to make bombs care about socially responsible shopping.

I've actually been checking out prices for pressure cookers lately because I want to start canning. I was in Walmart the other day and walked by them and stopped to see what they had. Then I looked around all paranoid and decided I should probably look at pressure cookers in a few months. lol
lol, At least you didn't ask about them. You probably would have ended up on a terrorism list somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Have you ever heard of "internet shopping?"

One store removing them for a short time won't stop copy cat crimes. I think it's just a social statement by WS, which is certainly their choice.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:52 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
lol, At least you didn't ask about them. You probably would have ended up on a terrorism list somewhere.

Have you ever heard of "internet shopping?"
Have you ever heard that Williams-Sonoma is a private company and has the right to sell, or not to sell, certain merchandise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies