Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 08:42 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose532 View Post
I know but I meant, it is against Islam for a Muslim woman to marry a non Muslim man, so she is breaking away from her religion to be married to him. Most people in her native country would not approve of her relationship, so there would be a lot of negative stigma.

I wonder what his parents think. There may be a lot of backlash from his parents to. For me family comes first. I can not see myself just saying I fell in love and negating my culture, religion and upbringing.
Well, that's you. I'll marry whoever I fall in love with and it's not up to my family or anyone else. I'm the one who will have to live with the choices I make and not my family. They will not dictate to me who I should spend the rest of my life with.
That being said, my family wouldn't think it's that big a deal. "Does he treat you well? Do you love each other?" would be what they would ask. That's what's important, not the colour of his skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 08:43 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Why does anyone care who someone else is dating or marries?

YOU can choose to date or marry within your own race if you so choose.
Why can't everyone just take care of their own lives and keep their nose out of other peoples lives?

Old 04-30-2013, 08:57 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Why does anyone care who someone else is dating or marries?

YOU can choose to date or marry within your own race if you so choose.
Why can't everyone just take care of their own lives and keep their nose out of other peoples lives?
Why don't you keep your nose out of the lives of people who stick their nose into other peoples lives?

Old 04-30-2013, 09:11 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Why don't you keep your nose out of the lives of people who stick their nose into other peoples lives?
Because they are sticking their noses in MY life. When you poke the lion, the lion will fight back.

Sorry, but I refuse to roll over and let ANYONE tell me how to live my life.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:44 PM

252 posts, read 258,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Because they are sticking their noses in MY life. When you poke the lion, the lion will fight back.

Sorry, but I refuse to roll over and let ANYONE tell me how to live my life.
Yes feed into the stereotype

Old 04-30-2013, 09:50 PM

107 posts, read 116,760 times
It's not. It's a very vocal minority that champions mixed relationships. (these people are primarily people who are in a mixed relationship or are mixed race themselves)

Some speculate that the government and the media pushes this to improve race relations, but often times all they're doing is fanning the flames of racism even more.

America is an extremely race based society. Everything from social interactions to media to politics. Everything here revolves around race whether people want to acknowledge or believe that or not. There's alot of people who say "Pshhh who cares it ain't no thing, no one thinks about race." Which is laughable because everything revolves around race. lol

Old 04-30-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher11 View Post
It's not. It's a very vocal minority that champions mixed relationships. (these people are primarily people who are in a mixed relationship or are mixed race themselves)

Some speculate that the government and the media pushes this to improve race relations, but often times all they're doing is fanning the flames of racism even more.

America is an extremely race based society. Everything from social interactions to media to politics. Everything here revolves around race whether people want to acknowledge or believe that or not. There's alot of people who say "Pshhh who cares it ain't no thing, no one thinks about race." Which is laughable because everything revolves around race. lol
Well said.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:03 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Why are Interracial Relationships viewed as social progression and a positive thing in the U.S. and in other Western Nations? In my home country, it's important for people to marry within their ethnic group and definitely within the same race. Although there is no crime for marrying another person of a different race, it's just not thought of as social progression or something noble and great.

Why do people see interracial relationships as a step in the right direction? Is it not a good thing for people to maintain their culture, heritage, customs and language? I watched the below video and I like the couple, but she is Sudanese and he is Australian. They are so different culturally. Their children will not have any traditional Sudanese values and will not look like either of them. Can someone please explain why this is a good thing?

I apologize if some may be offended, this is not intended to offend. I am just trying to understand the Western culture and customs better.
These are all excellent questions. I am a white American man married to a Japanese woman and we have two children. I don't see my own family as especially noble or furthering social progress. I am happy that society is tolerant enough to accept us, even here in Japan, and that my children have the advantage of being bilingual and able to function well in either society. But I don't look forward to some future where there are no meaningful distinctions between American and Japanese people.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:54 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
I meant the children are not pure after intermixing. I do not mean to offend.
This sounds more like being trolled than anything.
OP, if you want to talk with people who are thinking like you, perhaps Stormfront would be a good place to begin.

Quote:
I think there is a shift with liberals and republicans? Most posting must be very liberal. Remember the thread from last week about black men abandoning white women, there was lots of discussion and it was even locked. There were a lot of viewpoints and not many supported it.
This is not the writing of a non-native English speaker. Yes, there are rare cases when ESL is hardly noticeable; we have several people on this board who post using better grammar and vocabulary than many native speakers.
This one doesn't ring true.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
This sounds more like being trolled than anything.
OP, if you want to talk with people who are thinking like you, perhaps Stormfront would be a good place to begin.
Don't call someone a racist for saying the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies