Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2013, 06:37 PM

286 posts, read 331,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
WTF does any of this have to do with Muslim misogyny, and its savage hatred of women? I think you might be in the wrong thread.
Scroll back a few pages and you'll find your answer

Old 05-04-2013, 06:44 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Anytime you steal something from someone else and claim it as your own, it is nearly impossible to change it without the risk of giving up credence to your "original" authorship.

You have already marked it and stamped it, marked it and stamped it, so many times as authentic that it's impossible for any concession.

Your hoax of the theft must be reaffirmed constantly.

That's why all the dying cat singing and prayer.

It is impenetrable affirmation.

Conservatives conserve - Preservatives preserve.

All that repetitious prayer in lordotic posture is considered insane by any western practitioner even of variable sanity.

It is dogma on meth.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:04 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Are they just emulating the Old Testament Jewish law? And what about the guys?

"A teenage Muslim girl was stoned to death under 'Sharia law' after taking part in a beauty contest in Ukraine.

Katya Koren, 19, was found dead in a village in the Crimea region near her home."

Muslim girl Katya Koren, 19, 'stoned to death over beauty contest in Ukraine' | Mail Online
What does participating in a beauty pageant have to do with the title of your OP: stoning women for adultery?

They probably do that so that the men can remain blameless. Weak, vulnerable people make great scapegoats.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:07 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
It's an experiment.

Muslims are the control group.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:52 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What does participating in a beauty pageant have to do with the title of your OP: stoning women for adultery?

They probably do that so that the men can remain blameless. Weak, vulnerable people make great scapegoats.
Sorry, wrong link...

muslim stoned to death for adultery - Yahoo! Image Search Results

Old 05-06-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline18 View Post
Christians are the largest group of Zionists. After all, Jesus is the King of Israel
Yes, Jesus is the Jewish Messiah, and yes Christianity was founded by the Jews that followed Jesus, while the current 'Jewish' faith follows the Jews who rejected, then crucified Him. Both groups were 'Jewish', this is, of the linage of (Abraham, Isaac, Jacob), but traditional Jewish law allowed stoning for adultery, while Jesus had quite a different view:

John 8
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Last edited by KRAMERCAT; 05-06-2013 at 02:44 PM..

Old 05-09-2013, 10:09 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
The "traditional Jewish law" was supposedly the direct command of God. So Jesus wasn't saying the law is wrong ...... he was saying that if anyone was without one of the many sins of the OT, let that person cast the first stone ..... even though stoning her was commanded by God.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:28 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Every time I see this meme of 'conservatism=Islamism' I realize how truly vapid the left has become. Step away from Kos and pick up a history book sometime. Do you realize who framed the 1st Amendment? It was classical liberals, or what we call conservatives today. It was people who were influenced by John Locke and Adam Smith.
You do understand that not everyone thinks that "classical liberals" are what we call conservatives today? Perhaps you see yourself in that way, as a "classical liberal" and a modern conservative. But I don't consider that to be an accurate equivalency. I think of conservatives like Karl Rove and Rush Limbaugh, and I think that they have little in common with people like John Locke. They all might be brilliant and they might all be interested in politics and societies, but I think that fundamentally they are very different. I think John Locke had a respect for his fellow man, and for humanity in general, that conservatives like Rove and Limbaugh don't seem to share. That is not to say that all conservatives are like Rove and Limbaugh, but I don't think all conservatives subscribe to your brand of conservatism, either. Conservatives come in all sorts of flavors, as do liberals. So a comment about the vapidity of the left is as ridiculous as a meme of conservatism equaling Islamism. The Muslim religion's position on many social issues falls more often on the conservative side than on the liberal side. The Muslim religion's positions on those issues probably falls further right than the average American conservative's positions do. The gross generalizations that attempt to simplify the situation are the problem. We need for thoughtful and insightful analysis, and fewer gross generalizations. From both sides of the political spectrum.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
The "traditional Jewish law" was supposedly the direct command of God. So Jesus wasn't saying the law is wrong ...... he was saying that if anyone was without one of the many sins of the OT, let that person cast the first stone ..... even though stoning her was commanded by God.
Jesus knew what each of them would do. His message is one of forgiveness, not condemnation. The Jews disobeyed God constantly, but He always forgave them, although He did allow them to be enslaved by the Assyrians, Babylonians and Romans because of their disobedience. God's message to us is that He loves us enough to send His own Son as a final sacrifice for sin to all who accept Him, and that is the only way to receive forgiveness of sin.

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:31 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
That's living in a theocracy.
It has more to do with the kind of theocracy than anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies