Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2013, 09:07 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Brimelow View Post
If there are White people in every urban inner city ghetto, why was a White family beat up in a ghetto area of Baton Rouge for being in the wrong neighborhood, according to the Black perpetrators.

Why would a ghetto Black person want to be beat up a White person for simply being White, if ghetto Blacks are used to living side by side with White people. They should be used to living in a racially diverse environment by now, don't don't ya think ?
Could it be the same reason why crosses were lit on black lawns in white ghettos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
What you talking about, the ghetto neighborhoods in Baltimore are Black as hell.

The Struggle Of Black Men In Baltimore - YouTube

What is the point of you posting this ignorant crap to begin with? It has nothing to do with any weak ppoint that you are trying to make, except trolling

Old 05-18-2013, 09:08 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Every urban inner city ghetto I have seen resembles a Sub Saharan African country in terms of racial demographics.

Here is a video showing an urban inner city ghetto in New Orleans. I do not see any White faces. Do you ?

Straight From The Projects 3rd Ward New Orleans Part 2 - YouTube
Have you ever been in a ghetto yourself? I don't think so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
lol. I have a friend who made some big mistakes in life. she got her CNA cert right out of high school, but had a bout with drugs and ended up having a few children. she slowly got back on her feet, started working as a CNA and going to night school. she became an LVN a couple of years ago and finally got her life together. some people need a little extra time, myself included. and being a CNA is definitely not my thing, but it couldn't be any worse than working in fast food, which I've done.
Good for your friend! I've never worked in fast food; I have worked as an RN in a hospital and observed what the CNAs do. It's a toss-up, I think. My daughter worked in day care and I always told her at least she didn't have to work weekends.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:10 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,522,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
With such a SMALL percentage of the entire population being black, why are 99% of the the ghettos chock full of black folks? With a token whitey here and there?

Slavery?

Is that the excuse? Still?

If you can't wrap your mind around the fact that there really IS a generational culture in the black community that thrives off of doing nothing all day, living off the government, wonders when their neighbor's 13 year old girl is going to get knocked up....you live way too white.

Get in the trenches, join me...I'll introduce you to what you keep trying to pretend doesn't exist.

And if you don't like that, I'll show you the part of the city I know that used to be black, but illegals/legal Mexicans chased 'em all out. Because Mexicans work wherever & whenever they can and & pay their rent.

What the Mexican excuse for living in a ghetto? No hablo Ingles. What's the black generational excuse, when their counterparts are sitting pretty in the White House?
what was this a response to? don't remember saying anything about slavery. I know the hardships in low income communities are real, some self imposed, some institutionalize. you're darn tootin the Mexicans will work, for lower wages even. that's why so many immigrant families get food stamps and public health care. but I guess they're doing better than us lazy immoral n***as.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
has anyone posted this yet ?

C-SPAN: Barack Obama Speech at 2004 DNC Convention - YouTube

7:10

Old 05-18-2013, 09:17 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGC Native View Post
As a Marylander, you are wrong about Baltimore. There are very few poor whites left. Baltimore is only 28% white, and those white people are highly concentrated gentrified, trendy, wealthy neighborhoods like Fells Point and Federal Hill. There are some blue collar neighborhoods around Baltimore that are largely white, but no slums inhabited by large numbers of poor white people.
He's partly right some poor Whites in Pigtown. They're pretty ghetto but still they aren't shooting each other like Blacks.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:20 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,264,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
So why have you come on C-D asking those who obviously do not live or condone this type of behavior these dumb azz questions?
Grow up.

Maybe (if I'm interpreting your weird and poorly worded question correctly) it's because you don't live with, work with, KNOW people who you are giving every freaking excuse under the sun to. Let alone anyone who lives in Appalachia.

[Why are'nt you questioning the poor whites in the rural south or Applachia regarding the meth labs and the wife beatings and incest? How about you get in your own trenches and mind everyone else's alone?[/quote]

I don't live in Appalachia or deal with folks who do. Do you? I can't speak of what I don't see or know first hand. Got yourself some self righteous agenda based on the color of your skin or those white folks in the mountains? I don't.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:22 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
If there are White people in every urban inner city ghetto, why was a White family beat up in a ghetto area of Baton Rouge for being in the wrong neighborhood, according to the Black perpetrators.

Why would a ghetto Black person want to be beat up a White person for simply being White, if ghetto Blacks are used to living side by side with White people. They should be used to living in a racially diverse environment by now, don't don't ya think ?
That was Baton Rouge.

Living in an area is not the same has having harmonious race relations. I went to high school in an area that was mostly White. Whites and Blacks went to school together. It didn't mean things were harmonious. There were quite a few White kids, who were part of the "redneck" subculture, who wanted to beat me up. I got jumped in a classroom, for no apparent reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He's partly right some poor Whites in Pigtown. They're pretty ghetto but still they aren't shooting each other like Blacks.

Thank you for your input

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGC Native View Post
I was responding to green_mariner's comment that there were "a lot" of poor white people in Baltimore. That's a bit of a stretch. There is literally one poor majority white neighborhood left, and it's less white by the day. It's called Armistead. It was a working class post WW2 Co-Op, mostly Irish Catholics and Italians.

I agree with the greater point that there ARE usually at least a handful of white people (usually older residents who have lived there for many years) living in what are considered "black, inner city slums."

East St. Louis comes to mind. There is a small white enclave there in a 98% black city.

I grew up as part of the white minority in largely black Prince George's County, MD. I spent time in some areas that were considered by most to be "all black." They were never ALL black. There was usually a Hispanic family or two on the block, and an older white couple, etc.
You probably have some stories to tell about growing up White in PG especially if you went to public school. Also I think Amistead is still overwhelmingly White, last article I read about it said it was about 1% Black but increasingly Hispanic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies