Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 10:33 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Middle class blacks have it better than middle class whites. Blacks account for 12 percent of total us population..yet account for 27 percent of all government jobs.
And middle class Whites have a larger share of the private-sector jobs. When government entities start laying off, Blacks get affected by this alot.

Have you considered why Blacks make up a large percentage of those who work in the government sector?

Old 01-12-2014, 10:34 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Middle class blacks have it better than middle class whites. Blacks account for 12 percent of total us population..yet account for 27 percent of all government jobs.
Many of those government jobs have extravagant benefits and pensions, too, no?

Old 01-12-2014, 10:39 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,882,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And middle class Whites have a larger share of the private-sector jobs. When government entities start laying off, Blacks get affected by this alot.

Have you considered why Blacks make up a large percentage of those who work in the government sector?
\

Please address the issue of racism that occurs from blacks having 27 percent of government jobs yet, only making up 12 percent of the us population? I notice your heart is bleeding for those whites, hispanics , and Asians that are getting screwed over.

As for your other point about not caring about racism in other parts of the world.. how convenient of you. Allow me to rephrase.. Based on historical voting trends amongst blacks in this nation.. If 85 percent of the US population was black, and a black candidate was running against a white candidate, would the white candidate have a chance in hell of getting elected to president?

Old 01-12-2014, 10:52 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,548,310 times
Quote:
I have much more respect for the black conservative in general, than I'll ever have for the white liberal. I CAN GUARANTEE you that if the white liberals were forced to live in the same areas in which most black conservatives grew up in..they wouldn't stay liberal for long. It's easy to preach diversity when you dont have to live in true diversity everyday. It's easy to preach diversity when you live around a few token minorities who probably are wealthy as well or at least middle to upper middle class. It's not hard to be a white liberal in todays day and age. But it is hard to be a black conservative.
Great post.

Today's black conservatives are like Christians in Iraq or Germans who helped Jews during WW2.

They suffer dearly for having "improper" beliefs.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:55 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,137,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
What is that suppose to mean? You've live here before? Most of the democrat voters here are millennials, liberal yuppies, old money types, etc. Much of the vote comes from Montgomery and Prince George's County, both DC area suburbs.
It means exactly what I stated. What don't you understand?

Old 01-12-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
\

Please address the issue of racism that occurs from blacks having 27 percent of government jobs yet, only making up 12 percent of the us population? I notice your heart is bleeding for those whites, hispanics , and Asians that are getting screwed over.

As for your other point about not caring about racism in other parts of the world.. how convenient of you. Allow me to rephrase.. Based on historical voting trends amongst blacks in this nation.. If 85 percent of the US population was black, and a black candidate was running against a white candidate, would the white candidate have a chance in hell of getting elected to president?
Deflecting from what I'm saying. Well, here goes. I brought up that Whites are more likely to get hired in the private sector of the economy than Blacks. I would say there are alot of Blacks working in the government sector because it's easier to get a job with the government than in the private sector.

And I never said other groups weren't facing problems. I'm saying Blacks are getting it the worst.

I pointed out that we were talking about the USA because you were trying to deflect the topic of this conversation. However, if you insist, here goes. Let's look at some USA cities.

Mike Duggan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Detroit, over 80% Black, and a White mayor was elected. Gary,Indiana, similar percentage of Blacks. Also elected a White mayor.

New Orleans' current mayor is White.

And with other nation's look at Namibia. A lion's share of the land is owned by Whites, who make up 5% of the population. In fact, Whites in many majority-Black nations often have more wealth than Blacks.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:23 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,364,522 times
Kinda reminds me of this article by the National Review (conservative mag) of San Francisco's elite. While SF's elite do vote Democratic, their actual viewpoints (not to mention their actions) are anything BUT liberal. As much it pains to me to say this a liberal/leftist...

The Bay Area’s 1 Percenters
If you’re hip and liberal, your kids don’t have to go to school with the gardener’s kids.

The Bay Area

"Ask a Silicon Valley liberal whether he is for amnesty, open borders, and multicultural curricula, and he assents; ask him next whether he is for new low-income and diverse housing construction a few minutes from Menlo Park or Atherton, and he is aghast. I think the average Bay Area liberal believes his nanny flies home to Oaxaca each evening and is back by the next morning at the Hillsborough doorstep...
California is the epicenter of the new regressive progressive — a novel sort of hyper-reactionary but hip 1 percenter who shakes his fist at his image in the mirror."

Old 01-12-2014, 12:28 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,771,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
It means exactly what I stated. What don't you understand?
You should read this below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Kinda reminds me of this article by the National Review (conservative mag) of San Francisco's elite. While SF's elite do vote Democratic, their actual viewpoints (not to mention their actions) are anything BUT liberal. As much it pains to me to say this a liberal/leftist...

If you’re hip and liberal, your kids don’t have to go to school with the gardener’s kids.

The Bay Area

"Ask a Silicon Valley liberal whether he is for amnesty, open borders, and multicultural curricula, and he assents; ask him next whether he is for new low-income and diverse housing construction a few minutes from Menlo Park or Atherton, and he is aghast. I think the average Bay Area liberal believes his nanny flies home to Oaxaca each evening and is back by the next morning at the Hillsborough doorstep...
California is the epicenter of the new regressive progressive — a novel sort of hyper-reactionary but hip 1 percenter who shakes his fist at his image in the mirror."
Great article. This can almost apply to the DC area.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post

The Bay Area

In short, it's all the same no matter what political party it is.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:48 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,364,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In short, it's all the same no matter what political party it is.
Indeed.

Upper-class college-educated whites are socially liberal but economically conservative as has been shown in many a survey and political analysis.

I'm sure many are repulsed by the hijacking of the Republic party by the hardcore Christian/social conservative wing (whether real or perceived)...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies