Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 05:41 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times

Advertisements

So liberals are the 1% afterall. So problem liberals see is rich liberals all along.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:41 PM

275 posts, read 193,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Bill Clinton, John Kerry, Al Gore all got between 88% and 95% of the Black vote.

Your beliefs are irrational because you choose to take one election out of context and forget that Democrats have voted Majority Democratic since FDR/Truman
So far you answered because they wanted to, now you answer because they always voted democrats. So that's sound reasoning to you?

Why not make it easy and make voting once in your life.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:43 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,939,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
Richer whites are not "more liberal" than poorer whites. Where did you get that idea?

Minorities are a heavily Democratic group overall (much more so than whites), but yes richer minorities are generally more conservative than poorer minorities-the same pattern with most other demographic groups.
Many "wealthy educated whites" vote liberal and Democrat especially in the Northeast, East Coast, the Chicago area and the West Coast. The media always talk about how working class whites are the most conservative. The thing is these white liberals in New Jersey, California, the DC area, etc who vote Democrat are voting against their own economic self interests. They do not benefit from the welfare programs and Obamacare, in fact they are harmed by them, and their taxes are increased to pay for them. In Maryland, the most liberal Democrat jurisdiction are two white, suburban middle class and upper middle class counties plus 2 ghetto Democrat areas with lots of blacks and illegals. I think the liberal elite, which is mostly white, see the higher taxes as a worthy tradeoff they can afford to make in order to push their liberal agenda of abortion, illegal immigration, death penalty repeal, gun control, and gay marriage on the rest of the nation even if we reject those things.

I personally will not be TOO upset if gay marriage passes but I am stocking up on weapons in case Obama attacks the 2nd amendment more and as a Christian I simply cannot support abortion. I also firmly believe that if someone commits murder, the death penalty si the only just sentence for them.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:45 PM

Also despite what the media says, many working class whites especially in the South and Midwest who vote Republican are actually voting FOR Their economic self interest. Most of those people are not interested in just welfare, food stamps, and obamacare which is the liberals and Democrats only answer to solving the poverty issue. Republicans actually create jobs, while liberal Democrats destroy jobs by supporting illegal immigration and the liberal taxes and regulations on job creators.

The Obama EPA has devastated entire communities in West Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, and Virginia due to the endless war on coal that he basically promised will continue with the carbon tax and the greenhouse gas limits on power plants. I live in West Virginia and we want the Obama EPA to back off and leave us alone because we do not need some out of state liberals coming here in their government suits and Priuses and telling us how to run things here. Liberals mock WV for becoming more Republican and conservative in the past decade we do not just seek a higher welfare check or a higher minimum wage for a fast food job. People actually want to get back to work and be out of poverty, if only the EPA will allow that. Unfortunately even after Obama is gone the framework he set is still there and I doubt Hillary will be friendly to the coal industry. We need to repeal the cap and trade laws and call off the EPA.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:48 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isee-you View Post
So far you answered because they wanted to, now you answer because they always voted democrats. So that's sound reasoning to you?

Why not make it easy and make voting once in your life.
Im not the person you were originally corresponding to .

I am also not answering your question of why they voted for an individual. I am dispelling your argument from its basis.

The Only reason you are bringing this up is because you believe it is unusual for a minority to vote in such a high volume for one party, there for, im simply pointing out the flaw in you even bring up the argument, defeating the purpose of your post in the first place.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:53 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
Richer whites are not "more liberal" than poorer whites. Where did you get that idea?

Minorities are a heavily Democratic group overall (much more so than whites), but yes richer minorities are generally more conservative than poorer minorities-the same pattern with most other demographic groups.
It is a bit nuanced when you look at it. I live in Georgia and where I live, both rich White and poor Whites tend to vote Republican. Most of the White Democratic voters I know are often middle-upper class people though. If one goes to places like the West Coast, one can find a sizable number of wealthy Whites who are liberal in their views and their voting patterns. It's nuanced in many ways.

Generally, minorities are more likely to vote Democrat. I could agree with that. One thing I've noticed though is this. Among the minorities I've met who have voted Republican, I've met maybe 1 or 2 who are Black. The rest have mainly been Asian or Hispanic. And even that can vary. I know a few Hispanic persons who were pro-Bush, and then voted for President Obama. But generally, minorities tend to vote Democrat far more than not.

One part is geography. Hispanics voted Democrat in large numbers this past election.This is what I noticed. In majority-Hispanic areas of California and Texas, those places went for President Obama. However, there is a bit more conservatism among the Hispanic population in Texas in comparison to California. In states like Iowa and Minnesota, there are alot of Whites who voted for President Obama. However, in the Deep South, far more Whites voted Republican.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Also despite what the media says, many working class whites especially in the South and Midwest who vote Republican are actually voting FOR Their economic self interest. Most of those people are not interested in just welfare, food stamps, and obamacare which is the liberals and Democrats only answer to solving the poverty issue. Republicans actually create jobs, while liberal Democrats destroy jobs by supporting illegal immigration and the liberal taxes and regulations on job creators.

The Obama EPA has devastated entire communities in West Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, and Virginia due to the endless war on coal that he basically promised will continue with the carbon tax and the greenhouse gas limits on power plants. I live in West Virginia and we want the Obama EPA to back off and leave us alone because we do not need some out of state liberals coming here in their government suits and Priuses and telling us how to run things here. Liberals mock WV for becoming more Republican and conservative in the past decade we do not just seek a higher welfare check or a higher minimum wage for a fast food job. People actually want to get back to work and be out of poverty, if only the EPA will allow that. Unfortunately even after Obama is gone the framework he set is still there and I doubt Hillary will be friendly to the coal industry. We need to repeal the cap and trade laws and call off the EPA.
Whats up with all the race baiting, class bashing and ideological battling from you ?

Do you even want an actual discussion or do you just want to state your opinion ?

Your post make it look like the second one.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Ask the non-black citizens of Washington, D.C., St. Louis, Memphis, Detroit, Oakland, Baltimore and Chicago if they have any opinions on this matter.

I think you'd get quite an earful (assuming they were in an environment where they can talk freely).

Here is what the non-black citizens of Philadelphia had to say on the matter:

Being White in Philly | Philadelphia magazine
I am a conservative Republican who is a minority myself and I AM more careful about blacks. I was affected by the WV water crisis and after finding out my sewer bill and water bill were not discounted for the water crisis as we were told it would be, I called the water company prepared to flip out at the person, but it was a black woman and I held my anger and politely expressed my concerns because I did not want to come across as "racist". Especially cause my script included "you people" which refers to the water company employees and government workers. The same thing happened once in Maryland with the MVA, the Maryland version of the DMV. I had a speech prepared about how "you people "referring to state workers do not understand the average American about how "you people are bloodsuckers" and "you people feel so entitled to your pay raises" but a black person might interpret "you people" as referring to their race.

But on a future call when the person answering the phone was not black, I did flip out on him and give him the entire speel, and tell him and everyeone he worked with to go to hell.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isee-you View Post
Huh?
Your entire post was based on a premise, that premise was false, i put forth information to back up that it was false, there for negating the post entirely.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:48 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,548,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I am a conservative Republican who is a minority myself and I AM more careful about blacks. I was affected by the WV water crisis and after finding out my sewer bill and water bill were not discounted for the water crisis as we were told it would be, I called the water company prepared to flip out at the person, but it was a black woman and I held my anger and politely expressed my concerns because I did not want to come across as "racist". Especially cause my script included "you people" which refers to the water company employees and government workers. The same thing happened once in Maryland with the MVA, the Maryland version of the DMV. I had a speech prepared about how "you people "referring to state workers do not understand the average American about how "you people are bloodsuckers" and "you people feel so entitled to your pay raises" but a black person might interpret "you people" as referring to their race.

But on a future call when the person answering the phone was not black, I did flip out on him and give him the entire speel, and tell him and everyeone he worked with to go to hell.
How did you know that the person was black?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies