Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 08:37 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
In both Maryland and Virginia the wealthiest jurisdictions are the most liberal Democrat ones.....places like Montgomery and Howard Counties in Maryland and Arlington/Fairfax in Virginia. Most of the rural areas which are mostly working class are very conservative and Republican dominated. It was also the wealthier areas where a lot of people voted in favor of the illegal alien Dream Act.

Of course Baltimore City IS an example of poor ghetto people voting for their own self interest because they want the continued handouts from the government. And there certainly are middle class suburbs aplenty where people vote Republican and want lower taxes.
The DC area also has a lot of very affluent black communities, particularly in PG County. I doubt these people are voting in large numbers or percentages for the Republicans as your OP seems to imply.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:42 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
The DC area also has a lot of very affluent black communities, particularly in PG County. I doubt these people are voting in large numbers or percentages for the Republicans as your OP seems to imply.
That has been part of my point. I live in the Atlanta area. There are some middle class Black areas in DeKalb County. Alot of Blacks there vote Democrat. If they were looking for handouts, they wouldn't even try to work or get jobs. However, the fact that you have many Blacks who are middle class, who are hard-working, and vote Democrat shows that handouts aren't the majority reason, or even the primary reason.

A better question is this. Why is there so much concern over how Blacks vote?

Old 01-12-2014, 08:44 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
How would Democratic policies favor Whites more than Blacks?
Have you not seen the plethora of White limousine liberals? Have you not seen the abhorrent conditions of Black communities in Dem-run cities? Has it escaped your attention that it is Dems who wish to keep inner-city kids trapped in their abysmally performing public schools?

Old 01-12-2014, 09:00 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Because Democrat policies seem to favor Whites and disfavor Blacks more than Republican policies do. To wit: Omaha's (R mayor) murder rate is less than half that of Chicago's (D mayor).
You really just compared a backwater to a metropolis?

Old 01-12-2014, 09:08 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,548,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

He's right...the black vote is none of your business. Nor will it ever be.

You don't like how we vote? Tough.
Everything black people do that has an effect on the nation as a whole is EVERYONE'S business.

Everything white people do that has an effect on the nation as a whole is EVERYONE'S business.

This is a basic fact that even a classroom full of fourth graders can understand.

You don't like white people noticing the behavior of blacks (good and bad) and talking about it?

Tough.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And who is doing the killing of Blacks in Omaha? Mostly Blacks.
Same in Chicago, only under consistently Dem control, they've expanded into indiscriminate killing, thereby making the murder rate MUCH higher in Chicago than in Omaha.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Have you not seen the plethora of White limousine liberals? Have you not seen the abhorrent conditions of Black communities in Dem-run cities? Has it escaped your attention that it is Dems who wish to keep inner-city kids trapped in their abysmally performing public schools?
And yet, you find many "limousine" Republicans as well.

You can find abhorrent conditions among Blacks in places run by Republicans. Show me one city(city, NOT SUBURB) where there are Blacks not living in abhorrent conditions, whether it's run by Republicans or Democrats. Blacks are often poorer than everyone else, have higher imprisonment rates, higher death rates than everyone else, no matter if it's Democrat or Republican.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Same in Chicago, only under consistently Dem control, they've expanded into indiscriminate killing, thereby making the murder rate MUCH higher in Chicago than in Omaha.
You are missing my point. I was talking specifically about the BLACK MURDER RATE. I was talking about the comparison of Black populations between cities. Between Blacks in Omaha and Blacks in Chicago, Blacks in Omaha have it worse. Higher poverty rate, higher murder rate. Notice, I'm talking the Black population in Omaha vs Black population in Chicago.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Everything black people do that has an effect on the nation as a whole is EVERYONE'S business.

Everything white people do that has an effect on the nation as a whole is EVERYONE'S business.

This is a basic fact that even a classroom full of fourth graders can understand.

You don't like white people noticing the behavior of blacks (good and bad) and talking about it?

Tough.
How does the way Blacks vote affect everyone else? Last time I checked, President Obama was able to win the election with other demographics voting for him.

I don't go asking about how other people vote. Truth is, I really don't want to know who anyone voted for, because it is not my business. My business is that, MINE.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You really just compared a backwater to a metropolis?
I didn't. green_mariner insists they can be compared. Stunning, really, as the entire state of Nebraska only has 85,000 blacks total, less than 5% of Nebraska's population.

Everyone knows the atrocities that come out of Chicago's Black neighborhoods...

Cops: Honor student killed by Chicago gang members

There are many, many more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies