Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2014, 12:37 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
No I don't. Is that what you believe?
This is what intelligent, open-minded progressives such as MSNBC's "journalists" tell me to think:

Nick Searcy, Stacey Dash Blast MSNBC Panel for Mocking Romney's Black Grandchild

Ron Christie Talks to NewsBusters About MSNBC and Being a Black Conservative in the Obama Era | NewsBusters

Old 01-11-2014, 12:39 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Quote:
Because you see black conservatives are "idiots" but black liberals are "intelligent".

See?

Old 01-11-2014, 12:49 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Quote:

I agree that was a despicable email. But I don't see the rational of judging the tea party platform harshly based on the actions of one ignorant, 71 year old, city council member, in some 17,000 population town in Ohio who is neither a leader, candidate or spokesman for Republicans.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:52 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,135,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I agree that was a despicable email. But I don't see the rational of judging the tea party platform harshly based on the actions of one ignorant, 71 year old, city council member, in some little town in Ohio who is neither a leader, candidate or spokesman for Republicans.
If this was an isolated incident I would agree with you, but it's not...

Old 01-11-2014, 12:57 PM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Quote:
Hahaha! Are you living in a dream world? Every member of the Tea Party isn't racist but there are quite a bit of racists amongst their members and leadership. .
Please give us a name of one tea party leader who is a racist.

Please give us a reference to where you have found "quite a bit" of tea party racists.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:57 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
I couldn't find stats, based on a brief search, broken out by race with income. It would be interesting to see that information. The facts are the lowest income earners, below $30,000, went for Obama. He got 67% of those folks' vote, which would mean poor White, Hispanic, and black voters overwhelmingly chose the Democratic candidate.

Another stat that wasn't broken out by race or income level was that those who said they were "worse off" the last four years voted Republican, which I found interesting.
Poor can mean poor anyone. I was going off of the geographic factor. West Virginia is a very poor state and it is 93.2% White, and 3.4% Black, and every county voted for Mitt Romney. Mississippi is also very poor, 59% White, and 37% Black, and Romney won Mississippi too. However, the counties that were predominantly Black, President Obama won those counties.

Texas is another example. Romney won Texas. However, if you look at the counties that President Obama won, here is a breakdown.
-Predominantly Hispanic counties towards the Far South/Rio Grande Valley region, and some counties in the desert region of Texas voted for President Obama.
-Outside of those counties mentioned, Dallas, Travis, Bexar, Harris, and Jefferson counties voted for President Obama. Those areas are, respectively: Dallas,TX;Austin,TX;San Antonio,TX;Houston,TX;Beaumont,TX.

Yes, being poor is a major factor. I don't disagree with that, but it isn't the only factor. Romney might have won higher income married Whites, but he also won some very poor, White areas too. He won Kentucky and West Virginia, and Appalachia is in these state. A very poor, White area.

However, another irony is this. President Obama won Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Outside of the Twin Cities and Milwaukee, very low minority populations. The President won alot of rural counties in Wisconsin and Minnesota. He also won alot of areas in eastern Iowa outside of the urban areas. While many of these areas are not high income areas, they are doing much better economically than West Virginia or Kentucky.

Old 01-11-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Poor can mean poor anyone. I was going off of the geographic factor. West Virginia is a very poor state and it is 93.2% White, and 3.4% Black, and every county voted for Mitt Romney. Mississippi is also very poor, 59% White, and 37% Black, and Romney won Mississippi too. However, the counties that were predominantly Black, President Obama won those counties.

Texas is another example. Romney won Texas. However, if you look at the counties that President Obama won, here is a breakdown.
-Predominantly Hispanic counties towards the Far South/Rio Grande Valley region, and some counties in the desert region of Texas voted for President Obama.
-Outside of those counties mentioned, Dallas, Travis, Bexar, Harris, and Jefferson counties voted for President Obama. Those areas are, respectively: Dallas,TX;Austin,TX;San Antonio,TX;Houston,TX;Beaumont,TX.

Yes, being poor is a major factor. I don't disagree with that, but it isn't the only factor. Romney might have won higher income married Whites, but he also won some very poor, White areas too. He won Kentucky and West Virginia, and Appalachia is in these state. A very poor, White area.

However, another irony is this. President Obama won Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Outside of the Twin Cities and Milwaukee, very low minority populations. The President won alot of rural counties in Wisconsin and Minnesota. He also won alot of areas in eastern Iowa outside of the urban areas. While many of these areas are not high income areas, they are doing much better economically than West Virginia or Kentucky.
Clearly, without any reservation, my party has a big hill to climb to bring in minority voters in the presidential elections. It can be done. In my state, that’s nearly 40 percent Hispanic, all statewide offices are held by Republicans; about 700 new Hispanic delegates went to the party’s convention last summer.

Old 01-11-2014, 01:15 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Clearly, without any reservation, my party has a big hill to climb to bring in minority voters in the presidential elections. It can be done. In my state, that’s nearly 40 percent Hispanic, all statewide offices are held by Republicans; about 700 new Hispanic delegates went to the party’s convention last summer.
Republicans have been able to garner a sizable part of the Hispanic vote. Getting a sizable Asian vote isn't going to be the hardest part. It is the Black vote that is going to be harder to get. From what I know and hear, alot of Blacks basically feel alienated by the Republican Party. As to why this is, there is room for debate.

Old 01-11-2014, 01:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Yeah, when conservatives claim to have built something for themselves through hard work and a prudent lifestyle they are all just lying.

Who can believe such a bizarre story?!?
I believe it happens...just not to YOU or the poster I was addressing.

Grain of salt...it's a website bro...not real life.

Old 01-11-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Republicans have been able to garner a sizable part of the Hispanic vote. Getting a sizable Asian vote isn't going to be the hardest part. It is the Black vote that is going to be harder to get. From what I know and hear, alot of Blacks basically feel alienated by the Republican Party. As to why this is, there is room for debate.
To be perfectly honest, I don't think that the black vote will ever change party affiliation. Lyndon B. Johnson enacted the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Johnson got 94 percent of the black vote that year. The following year Johnson signed the 1965 Voting Rights Act. No Republican presidential candidate has gotten more than 15 percent of the black vote since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies