Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2014, 10:22 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Opinion vs. facts...

I'll say it again! What data is there to back this up?
Data for what?

O'Malley raised and added 40 taxes and fees:
Debate over O'Malley's tax and fee hikes rages - Government - Capital Gazette Communications

Thank you liberal elite and liberal yuppie dems.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:31 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Very good point, so what is your answer to this?
I believe it is because middle class working blacks still believe Republicans are all racists, which they are not. But the liberal MSM and Dems in general keep trying to perpetuate the republican-as-racist stereotype by dragging up some white racist hillbilly and recycling it over and over.
If you hold this believe you are seriously misinformed. The Republican Party will never a substantial number of black voters because of these misconceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Remember when the tea party was first establishing itself and gaining power how the panicked liberal MSM plastered us with how racist they all were, until a coalition of black tea partiers stood up and said, "Enough!?" It was very embarrassing for the MSM's credibility. Herman Cain was a tea party founder. I even fell for their stereotyping of the tea party as racists until I watched Fox News which kept interviewing black conservatives disputing that stereotype. So, I don't think black middle class gets much of the other side's story. Just my opinion, but would like to hear if it at all rings true for you.
Hahaha! Are you living in a dream world? Every member of the Tea Party isn't racist but there are quite a bit of racists amongst their members and leadership. And no matter how many black puppet men are paraded through the conservative media the racist perception of the Tea Party isn't going to change...

Old 01-11-2014, 11:32 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
How are they hostile towards blacks?
Read through these threads on race...

And quit playing as if I'm telling you something you don't know. I could've easily said they hated blacks, but I was being modest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They expect them to EARN their income/wealth, just like everyone else.
Lol...what the hell would YOU know about earning wealth?

Old 01-11-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Data for what?

O'Malley raised and added 40 taxes and fees:
Debate over O'Malley's tax and fee hikes rages - Government - Capital Gazette Communications

Thank you liberal elite and liberal yuppie dems.
I was speaking about the below statement not taxes. Follow along now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70
I've noticed that at least in Maryland, the Democrats have consists of 3 major groups - the liberal yuppie elite (the Starbucks, Prius, Whole Foods, coffeeshop hipster crowd), ghetto people, and illegal immigrants.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:36 AM

89,002 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...what the hell would YOU know about earning wealth?
Seriously? I was born into a blue collar non-union family. I started out at a minimum wage job in high school and have subsequently earned/saved/invested every penny I have. If I can do it, so can anyone else.

My means and methods of doing so echo the findings in The Millionaire Next Door. Ask anyone else who worked their way up from very little to higher levels of income and/or wealth how they did it. They'll likely tell you much the same.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:42 AM

73,005 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
They expect them to EARN their income/wealth, just like everyone else.

The idea that Blacks only vote for Democrats for "free money" is a fallacy because most Blacks who do vote actually work. While Blacks have higher unemployment rates than anyone else, the majority of Blacks work and earn their keep. They aren't looking for free money. The majority of Black voters voted Democrat in this past election. If the majority of Blacks work, are not on welfare, and also vote Democrat, then "free money is not the reason".

Please answer this for me. Alot of Black people work, and earn their keep. Why do most Blacks, working or not, vote Democrat? Please think about that. Making the assumptions(fallacious ones at that) that the only reason Blacks vote Democrat is to get free money isn't going to make Black people want to vote Republican. Telling Blacks "demand money, not welfare" isn't going to appeal to a Black person who already is working. Rick Santorum's comments aren't going to appeal to Black working people. I'm not saying the Democrats are doing much good for Blacks. What I'm saying is that so far, alot of Black people feel the Republican Party doesn't care about them at all. Why do you think that is, considering that the whole "free money"/"welfare queen" stuff only applies to a small part of the Black population?

Old 01-11-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Seriously? I was born into a blue collar non-union family. I started out at a minimum wage job in high school and have subsequently earned/saved/invested every penny I have. If I can do it, so can anyone else.
Based on your previous statement you personally singled out blacks as not being able to do so... Contradiction after contradiction...

This is just one reason out of many examples why black folk will no time soon vote in any significant numbers for the Republican party...

Old 01-11-2014, 11:44 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
If you hold this believe you are seriously misinformed. The Republican Party will never a substantial number of black voters because of these misconceptions.

Hahaha! Are you living in a dream world? Every member of the Tea Party isn't racist but there are quite a bit of racists amongst their members and leadership. And no matter how many black puppet men are paraded through the conservative media the racist perception of the Tea Party isn't going to change...
I'm a bit surprised you would call minorities such as Dr.Carson, Cain, Rice, Rubio, Cruz, Alberto Gonzales, Jindal among scores of other prominent Republicans "puppet men". They are certainly very successful people.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:47 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:

My means and methods of doing so echo the findings in The Millionaire Next Door. Ask anyone else who worked their way up from very little to higher levels of income and/or wealth how they did it. They'll likely tell you much the same.
Yeah, you and everyone else on C-D. Everyone is perfect, everyone is rich and followed the Warren Buffett method and has an Horatio Alger story to tell.

Only part you left out is walking barefoot in the snow uphill in both directions.

Anyway...nice story bro.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:49 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Your anecdotal observations are far from what is acutally happeining. I could say that I observe the exact opposite...so you are wrong.
The OP sounds right from when I lived in MD although well-off feds vote their paycheck - Democrat - black or white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies