Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2014, 08:57 AM

15,652 posts, read 10,426,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Most blacks vote democrat because they feel that the republican party is filled with racist white people.
And you make this statement based on what evidence?

Income level probably has more of an impact than race in voting preference in presidential elections. Lower incomes tend to vote democratic and minorities, other than Asians, have the lowest average incomes in America. Among the groups:

Asian households had the highest median income in 2012 with $68,636.

The median income for White households was $57,009.

For Hispanic households the median income was $39,005.

It was $33,321 for Black households, the lowest median income in 2012.

Read more: Here's Median Income In The US By Race - Business Insider

Old 01-11-2014, 09:02 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,267,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post

Income level probably has more of an impact than race in voting preference. Lower incomes tend to vote democratic and minorities, other than Asians, have the lowest average incomes in America. Among the groups:

I don't know any blacks that vote for the Democrats because of their median income.

They vote against the Republican party because they see it as a party that is hostile to blacks (which is the absolute truth).

The evidence? I'm a black Democrat.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:06 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,553,733 times
Quote:

Income level probably has more of an impact than race in voting preference in presidential elections. Lower incomes tend to vote democratic and minorities, other than Asians, have the lowest average incomes in America. Among the groups:

The evidence I have is that every black person I talk to or overhear or see interviewed on the news or see giving a political speech says a variation of the following sentence at every possible opportunity:

Quote:
The republican party is filled with racist white people.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:11 AM

1,922 posts, read 1,748,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't know any blacks that vote for the Democrats because of their median income.

They vote against the Republican party because they see it as a party that is hostile to blacks (which is the absolute truth).

The evidence? I'm a black Democrat.

How are they hostile towards blacks?

Old 01-11-2014, 09:11 AM

73,116 posts, read 62,771,018 times
Quote:
Your premise is wrong. Statistically, people with lower incomes voted democrat in the last Presidential election and the partisan split is huge. Obama’s vote percentage declines in straight line fashion as income rises.

Obama got 63 percent of the votes of Americans making less than $30,000 and

57 percent of those making between $30,000 and $50,000.

Romney won 53 percent of the votes of Americans making between $50 and a $100 thousand and

54 percent of the votes of Americans making above $100,000.
Income is only one part of this. If you were to look at other factors, such as voting results by geography, ethnicity, education level, profession, and age, the results for income would vary alot.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:16 AM

15,652 posts, read 10,426,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Income is only one part of this. If you were to look at other factors, such as voting results by geography, ethnicity, education level, profession, and age, the results for income would vary alot.
Romney won married, higher income, college educated, older, non-Hispanic white voters.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:18 AM

89,258 posts, read 45,002,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
How are they hostile towards blacks?
They expect them to EARN their income/wealth, just like everyone else.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:43 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,145,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Having lived in the area for most of my life, he is almost correct.
Opinion vs. facts...

I'll say it again! What data is there to back this up?

Old 01-11-2014, 09:57 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,594,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
The very few rich white people i know are far from being liberal....
driving through a upper class white suburb during election season pretty much every yard that had a political sign was a Romney-Ryan one.
That's because you live inTexas!

Old 01-11-2014, 10:19 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,594,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There is discussion of middle class Whites, rich Whites, poor Whites, southern Whites, poor Blacks, and to a lesser extent, rich Blacks and voting. However, no one has discussed middle class Blacks and working class Blacks. Most Blacks who vote Democrat are not lazy and expecting handouts. However, when it comes to Blacks and voting Democrat, the very worst stereotypes of Blacks are brought up, such as the "hood rat", "welfare queen", and the "criminal". No one is asking why working class Blacks and middle class Blacks vote Democrat. No one asks why even among rich Blacks, there are still those who vote for Democrats.
Very good point, so what is your answer to this?
I believe it is because middle class working blacks still believe Republicans are all racists, which they are not. But the liberal MSM and Dems in general keep trying to perpetuate the republican-as-racist stereotype by dragging up some white racist hillbilly and recycling it over and over.

Remember when the tea party was first establishing itself and gaining power how the panicked liberal MSM plastered us with how racist they all were, until a coalition of black tea partiers stood up and said, "Enough!?" It was very embarrassing for the MSM's credibility. Herman Cain was a tea party founder. I even fell for their stereotyping of the tea party as racists until I watched Fox News which kept interviewing black conservatives disputing that stereotype. So, I don't think black middle class gets much of the other side's story. Just my opinion, but would like to hear if it at all rings true for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies