Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2014, 12:22 PM

89,312 posts, read 45,033,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, you and everyone else on C-D.
Clearly not, as I see a lot of whiners on C-D complaining that they don't have the money others have earned/saved/invested.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:23 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,146,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
No need to...I am "actually" black...are your feelings still hurt?
That's surprising I would have never guessed... Well this is a good example of the perception that is developed when you're raised around this type of thought... Did your family go around blaming their misfortunes on racism?

Old 01-11-2014, 12:24 PM

73,138 posts, read 62,801,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Many Blacks who work also get free government money/benefits, in various forms.

Welfare Demographics
Percent of recipients who are white: 38.8 %
Percent of recipients who are black: 39.8 %
Percent of recipients who are Hispanic: 15.7 %
Welfare Statistics | Statistic Brain

Percentage of the total population:
White: 63%
Black: 13.1%
Hispanic: 16.9%
USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

13.1% of the population but 39.8% of the welfare recipients? Blacks are over-represented on the free government money welfare rolls by a factor of 3.
Show me what percentage of the WORKING Black population gets those free benefits.

How many people TOTAL are on welfare?

And the breakdown of percentage of welfare recipients still does not prove that the majority of Blacks are on welfare, or that most working Blacks are on welfare.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:26 PM

15,656 posts, read 10,432,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That's one major demographic that Romney got.

However, I think another thing to look at is this: The low-income bracket. I look at the geographic/income/racial part of this in a different light. Looking at alot of maps, one thing I see is this. In the South, there are many poor Whites, as well as poor Blacks. Unemployment rates are high among both segments of the population(worse among Blacks). However, the voting patterns are not the same.

-The vast majority of counties that President Obama won were majority-Black, whether they were rural or urban. Major exceptions include the NoVA region(Virginia's DC suburbs),metro Miami, metro Tampa-St. Petersburg, and the academia areas such as in parts of North Carolina.
-Outside of the majority-Black areas/academia areas/Florida/Virginia, the rest of the South is basically Republican, voted for Mitt Romney.

-Kentucky, West Virginia, and Mississippi are at the bottom of the income brackets.

-West Virginia is the 2nd poorest state in the nation, only second to Mississippi. NO county voted for President Obama. Mitt Romney won EVERY county, and there are alot of impoverished areas with high welfare receipt.

-Mississippi is down there with Mississippi in terms of income. And like West Virginia, Mitt Romney won Mississippi. However, WV, MS was a hard victory for Romney. President Obama won the Mississippi Delta counties, and 9 other counties outside of that.

It wasn't just married, higher income, college educated, older, non-Hispanic white voters. Based on what I see with maps, it was also poor, White voters in the South too.
I couldn't find stats, based on a brief search, broken out by race with income. It would be interesting to see that information. The facts are the lowest income earners, below $30,000, went for Obama. He got 63% of those folks' vote, which would mean poor White, Hispanic, and black voters overwhelmingly chose the Democratic candidate.

Another stat that wasn't broken out by race or income level was that those who said they were "worse off" the last four years voted Republican, which I found interesting.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:26 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,554,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
If you hold this believe you are seriously misinformed. The Republican Party will never a substantial number of black voters because of these misconceptions.

Hahaha! Are you living in a dream world? Every member of the Tea Party isn't racist but there are quite a bit of racists amongst their members and leadership. And no matter how many black puppet men are paraded through the conservative media the racist perception of the Tea Party isn't going to change...
Because you see...when a black person is a conservative they are a "puppet" but when they are a liberal then they are "intelligent and normal".

You see how that works?

Old 01-11-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Because you see...when a black person is a conservative they are a "puppet" but when they are a liberal then they are "intelligent and normal".

You see how that works?
No I don't. Is that what you believe?

Old 01-11-2014, 12:30 PM

Default Ohio TEApublican Refuses To Apologize For Racist E-Mail, Says He Found It Humorous

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I'm a bit surprised you would call minorities such as Dr.Carson, Cain, Rice, Rubio, Cruz, Alberto Gonzales, Jindal among scores of other prominent Republicans "puppet men". They are certainly very successful people.
Texan2yankee, blacks that defend these types are idiots!

Ohio TEApublican Refuses To Apologize For Racist E-Mail, Says He Found It Humorous | Americans Against the Tea Party

Old 01-11-2014, 12:31 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,554,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, you and everyone else on C-D. Everyone is perfect, everyone is rich and followed the Warren Buffett method and has an Horatio Alger story to tell.

Only part you left out is walking barefoot in the snow uphill in both directions.

Anyway...nice story bro.
Yeah, when conservatives claim to have built something for themselves through hard work and a prudent lifestyle they are all just lying.

Who can believe such a bizarre story?!?

Old 01-11-2014, 12:31 PM

89,312 posts, read 45,033,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Show me what percentage of the WORKING Black population gets those free benefits.
Do the math factoring in unemployment rates and percentage of overall population.

Quote:
And the breakdown of percentage of welfare recipients still does not prove that the majority of Blacks are on welfare
I didn't say they were, only that they were over-represented on the welfare rolls by a factor of 3 (3 times as many as should be expected given their percentage of the population). Whereas, Hispanics are slightly under-represented, and Whites are under-represented by close to 40%

Old 01-11-2014, 12:33 PM

6,456 posts, read 7,023,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
That's surprising I would have never guessed... Well this is a good example of the perception that is developed when you're raised around this type of thought... Did your family go around blaming their misfortunes on racism?
Well..it's not surprising that you would have never guessed. A lot of blacks practice group-think politics (i.e. any deviation from the norm is considered abnormal, shocking, and inappropriate). BTW, my parents and family are liberal Democrats (and to answer your question...Yes in regrds to their opinions about racism) BTW...I was raised in a middle class black community surrounded by mostly middle class and working class black communities. My perceptions and opinions are partly a reflection of those experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies