Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2013, 11:17 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Zimmerman case proves that the far right hates blacks more than they hate hispanics.
We were wondering with the ignorant race baiters were going to show back up, you guys have been missing for quite a few hours. It's just not the same without you guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 11:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Which is essentially exactly what I said, thanks for repeating my statement.

Do you know that Zimmerman lived on the street in question? There is more than 1 street in the community, I'm sure you're well aware.
Don't you know the names of the streets nearby your house? I know ALL of them in my subdivision. And GZ was referring to a main road in the development. At a minimum, he could have said, the "suspect" is near "5th and Vine" or whatever. Unless he was lying and didn't want to disclose a locale.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:30 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Can you even comprehend the idea that the 2 scenarios didn't happen at the exact same time?

Why don't you post exactly what Zimmerman said in his statement about the hands over his mouth and the yelling for help?
He gave several statements to police. Here is one from 2/27/2012. I think it was his first police interview.

"Zimmerman: I yelled out for help and then he tried to smother my mouth and my nose…
Serino: Who yelled for help?
Zimmerman: I did.
Serino: OK and at which point he did what?
Zimmerman: He smothered my mouth and my nose.
Serino: OK.
Zimmerman: And when he did that I tried to slide out and squirm…
Serino: Uh huh
Zimmerman: And I realized, um, my, my shirt came up and I felt him slide his hand toward my right side…
Serino: OK.
Zimmerman: And he said, “You’re gonna die, mother****er”. And then that’s when I grabbed it. I, I don’t know if it was away from him or you know, I just, unholstered.."

So Zimmerman is saying that he was yelling for help, and then Trayvon was trying to smother his mouth and nose. And that "when he did that" Zimmerman tried to slide out from under him, and then in this version he says Trayvon's hand slid towards the gun, and that Trayvon was threatening him.

In the audio of the 911 call you can hear the cries for help, and they end abruptly when there is a gunshot. Whereas Zimmerman says he cried for help several seconds earlier, and then was smothered, and while being smothered was squirming. There would have been a gap in the cries while he was being smothered. And they would not have been cut off abruptly with the gunshot, because according to Zimmerman he didn't know Trayvon was mortally wounded, and he pinned Trayvons arms to the ground on either side of him. If it had been him yelling for help, why wouldn't he have continued, until the neighbour approached them a few seconds later?

https://www.txantimedia.com/?p=999

Old 05-25-2013, 11:59 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
While the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case is not a stand your ground case I'm fine talking about it. George Zimmerman is not claiming SYG as his defense.

In my opinion, Stand your ground applies to anyone who genuinely feels that their life is in immediate danger regardless of skin color, age, political background or economic status. If Gorge Zimmerman's story is true then to me it's pretty clear that Trayvon Martin was not in fear for his life because you don't continue to beat someone while they're on their back if you want to save your life. You climb on top of someone and beat their head into the ground if you want to hurt someone that you were fighting with or arguing with.
If GZ's story is true, why didn't he go for SYG??

Many killers who go free with Florida 'stand your ground' law have history of violence | Tampa Bay Times

Old 05-26-2013, 12:09 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Probably because you can't chase after someone and then claim stand your ground ! He had the option not to pursue Trayvon no matter what his suspicions were.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:12 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Probably because you can't chase after someone and then claim stand your ground ! He had the option not to pursue Trayvon no matter what his suspicions were.
Can you start fights and claim stand your ground law?

Old 05-26-2013, 12:20 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Because his attorney didn't want to go through a mini trial for SYG which he may have lost. That mini trial tips off the prosecution to your entire defense strategy which they could then use against you later during a full trial.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:03 AM

1 posts, read 943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
character assasination, Irrelevant and immaterial.-----Snip------ A slimy defense effort to taint the jury pool. gz has a criminal record, a past history of violence, took Adderall. -----Snip-------
That should pretty much cover the bases.

Funny how you can see that it should work both ways. GZ has a criminal record, a past history of violence and took Adderall. Yet the Skittle candyboy gangsta wannbe's past is not relevant.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I agree, but I want to hear what the "expert" has to say.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Because his attorney didn't want to go through a mini trial for SYG which he may have lost. That mini trial tips off the prosecution to your entire defense strategy which they could then use against you later during a full trial.
Is that what GZ's lawyer told you? Or is that the advice you gave to GZ's lawyer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies