Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2013, 10:51 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,242,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
If they knew the rules, allowing this to happen is the fault of the parents. It's too bad the child has to suffer for his parent's lack of parenting.
What rule says that boys can not wear makeup?

I actually posted a link to the dress code of the district, and there is no mention of makeup at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Oh...business insider says it's no longer taboo... OK everybody...accept it.
Look at the money. $5 Billion dollars last year. Direct marketing to men.

Face reality, SOME men wear makeup. And this school had no rule prohibiting them from doing so.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:09 AM

13,591 posts, read 10,007,653 times
Quote:
For every one that isn't...there are 10,000 that are. These are numbers pulled out my butthole...but I'd wager that I'm far off...and I mean undershot.
So?

I don't care. I don't want to live in your world, where everyone looks the same, acts the same, has the same sex, eats the same food, works in an office or a factory, where there's no art, music, films, or poetry, because someone might fail if they try.

You can keep your butthole in your own vanilla world, I don't want any part of it - cheers.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:24 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,921,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
So?

I don't care. I don't want to live in your world, where everyone looks the same, acts the same, has the same sex, eats the same food, works in an office or a factory, where there's no art, music, films, or poetry, because someone might fail if they try.

You can keep your butthole in your own vanilla world, I don't want any part of it - cheers.
who said I want to live without these things?

I don't NOT want them because of fear of failure...I want them deemphasized because there are so many losers who fail to realize they are not cut out for whatever art they choose and simply refuse to conform to more productive means....

Or to sum it up....just waste oxygen.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:30 AM

13,591 posts, read 10,007,653 times
Quote:
who said I want to live without these things?

I don't NOT want them because of fear of failure...I want them deemphasized because there are so many losers who fail to realize they are not cut out for whatever art they choose and simply refuse to conform to more productive means....

Or to sum it up....just waste oxygen.
And, for every "loser" there are a gazillion who are in the support fields, tech jobs, management, production, agents, lawyers, business managers, accountants, ad infinitum.

Not everyone in the arts is an actual artist. You do know that, right?

But let's all not wear makeup if we're men, that's the main thing. I mean, the horror.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,926,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Degeneracy for everyone!

I remember one of my female friends got her butt whooped by her mom for wearing make up. We were waiting for the bus and the mom just started wailing on her. She was 16 at the time. The beating didn't do much good she ended up knocked up our senior year.
So makeup makes you pregnant? Is that what they teach in the homeschool version of biology?

I also love the message that beating a child is a completely normal behavior. I would much rather my male child grew up and decided to wear makeup instead of becoming a "normal" manly child abuser instead.

I am glad that this kind of thinking is literally dying out.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:35 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,176,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
another person who didn't read the thread.

There is NO specific rule in the DRESS CODE (as linked to in this very thread) addressing Make-up (on both girls and boys).

so, there is NO RULE that the parents or the boy violated.
Sorry I read the student handbook before I replied.

https://www.pcsb.org/index.php?optio...=272&Itemid=29
https://www.pcsb.org/images/stories/...s/code1213.pdf

Quote:
The dress and grooming of District students shall be neat and clean, promoting a positive educational environment. Apparel that disrupts educational activities and processes of the school will result in the removal of the student from the regular school environment until acceptable apparel can be secured for the student. The administration will be the final judge about whether a student’s clothing is appropriate for school or whether it will create an environmental climate that is distracting to learning. Principals, faculty, and staff members will enforce the dress code. Failure to comply with the dress code will be handled similarly to other disciplinary infractions. Non-compliance may result in consequences including but not limited to detention, in-school suspension and loss of eligibility to participate in extracurricular activities.
So while it doesn't specifically state boys cannot wear eyeliner, If his wearing of the eyeliner and makeup is disruptive, then it is inappropriate and in violation of the dress code. So maybe you should have read the dress code more carefully, as I did.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:14 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,921,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

But let's all not wear makeup if we're men, that's the main thing. I mean, the horror.
Yea, gender roles are stupid anyway, right?

Nothing wrong at all with having a problem with an ambiguous society.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Sorry I read the student handbook before I replied.

https://www.pcsb.org/index.php?optio...=272&Itemid=29
https://www.pcsb.org/images/stories/...s/code1213.pdf

So while it doesn't specifically state boys cannot wear eyeliner, If his wearing of the eyeliner and makeup is disruptive, then it is inappropriate and in violation of the dress code. So maybe you should have read the dress code more carefully, as I did.
How is eyeliner disruptive?

Old 06-11-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Yea, gender roles are stupid anyway, right?

Nothing wrong at all with having a problem with an ambiguous society.
Yes, gender roles are stupid. They do nothing but push people into little boxes. A woman might be just as good at a "male" task, but if gender roles were observed, she would never get the chance to excel.
A man may be terrific at a "female" task, but would never get a chance to excel.

I love to build things, and do remodeling (typical male tasks) I know a guy who loves being a homemaker (typical female task). Why shouldn't HUMANS be able to do what they are good at regardless of their genitalia? Why can't men wear what ever they want, and women too? What harm does it cause?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies