Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2013, 07:36 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,779,639 times

Advertisements

You are FOS and that lil 39% number you threw out their proves nothing about how rural white America from different income levels voted. Thats the problem with your arguments on this board. You throw out a number that has no cause or relationship to the subject at hand and then start assigning all kinds of half baked liberal talking points to the weak arsed data you took 30 seconds to google. In general your arguments are so weak I could argue from either side and destroy you half baked reasoning, sorry research and pretzel logic that makes impossible leaps from conclusion to conclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Guess again, poor white trash voted overwhelmingly for Romney, and Romney locked up most, if not all, of the redneck vote. In fact, Pres. Obama only got 39% of the overall white vote in the entire country.

Rednecks luv 'em some conservative, white bread, right to work, anti-intellectual Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 07:56 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,447,180 times
Quote:
x2.

What a depressing thread. I wonder if other countries has the working poor lining up to ask for less pay and benefits like they do in this country.

Redneck, poor, and proud of it!
Trust me, the poor want better benefits, better pay, better management, and etc. I don't understand why you keep implying that they don't. The problem is job availability along with the lack of qualifications. If someone is just starting off in the workforce with minimum education and certifications, that person would be kidding theirselves to apply at Lockheed Martin as an Engineer. They will be lucky to get a job that pays a bit above the minimum poverty line (which is like $14-15 an hour), so jobs that are available for them typically are retailer positions such as Wal-Mart. So here are their choices, work at Wal-Mart, work at Wal-Mart to gain experience needed for another job, Work at Wal-Mart while gaining the skills, and education needed for a better job, or work at Wal-Mart for life.

People like yourself seem to want everything handed to them, and the fortunate reality is that isn't going to happen. If I started a business today, why should I pay you $20 an hour to do minimum work? You have to earn it.

Now I'm going to ask this question again to you that you seem to be avoiding, would you rather take a wage reduction, apply for temporary assistance, look to make cuts in your budget, and scout out new careers while continuing to work or would you rather just go on unemployment? This will show your work ethic in my eyes.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:02 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,355,363 times
Quote:
x2.

What a depressing thread. I wonder if other countries has the working poor lining up to ask for less pay and benefits like they do in this country.

Redneck, poor, and proud of it!
x3.

It is depressing and amazing. When I talk with my friends from other countries such as Germany and the Netherlands they are bafflled by the fact that these people vote for the party and politicians who hurt them for decades.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:08 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,237,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
x3.

It is depressing and amazing. When I talk with my friends from other countries such as Germany and the Netherlands they are bafflled by the fact that these people vote for the party and politicians who hurt them for decades.
Party hardliners from both sides are baffling. They act like groupies at a rock concert or die hard sports fans.
But how does the Democrats help the middle class and poor? By pushing for an amnesty? How does that help we the people?
How does involving us in Libya help we the average people?
For every sin of the GOP one can find a sin by the Dems.
They are the same wolf. It is only the rhetoric that is different.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:19 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,665,672 times
Quote:
x3.

Those Europeans need to understand that many people in America, especially within the mid section, most value politicians who profess to be pro-God, anti-gay and pro-gun. Those three issues most matter to them. Other issues, such as economic ones matter considerably less.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:25 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Party hardliners from both sides are baffling. They act like groupies at a rock concert or die hard sports fans.
But how does the Democrats help the middle class and poor? By pushing for an amnesty? How does that help we the people?
How does involving us in Libya help we the average people?
For every sin of the GOP one can find a sin by the Dems.
They are the same wolf. It is only the rhetoric that is different.
Exactly; the post above essentially sums up why I decided to become a moderate Independent rather being the liberal I formerly was. As a people, I believe we all want the absolute highest quality of life for ourselves and others, but the question posed is how? Presented in-front of us is a lack of political will to radiate the public into becoming the society the people want it to become; instead our politicans care for re-election and that's about it. Is this limited to either side? Heck no, but until the people realize that things will continue to be the same until another option arises, both the Democrats and Republicans will need to work together to better our nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Those Europeans need to understand that many people in America, especially within the mid section, most value politicians who profess to be pro-God, anti-gay and pro-gun. Those three issues most matter to them. Other issues, such as economic ones matter considerably less.
Sad reality, isn't it? Social issues matter more than economic issues to most people. None of us should want to oppress each other, but we also need to make sure our well-being financially is sound as well. But our EU Counter-parts also seem not to care about economic issues either, instead bureaucracy is running mad; have you heard about the Olive Oil controversy in Brussels? You would think that the EU has bigger problems than that.

Quote:
x3.

Germany is in a unique situation in which it can command higher-wages for their people, for a country of its size, it produces a hefty amount of popular goods that are needed world-wide. And in fact, German companies such as BMW invest into America but not in the Blue States you would imagine them to do it in, but instead RTW States such as South Carolina. So like I said in a post pages back, business is to maximize profits, but if you can better where you are that's great as well.

Pretty much Germany is a luxurious state and people there and across the world are willing to pay the price for their goods. America is the same for military equipment, but that's all I can really think of.

Last edited by BMORE; 06-17-2013 at 08:35 PM..

Old 06-17-2013, 08:34 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,544,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
You are FOS and that lil 39% number you threw out their proves nothing about how rural white America from different income levels voted. Thats the problem with your arguments on this board. You throw out a number that has no cause or relationship to the subject at hand and then start assigning all kinds of half baked liberal talking points to the weak arsed data you took 30 seconds to google. In general your arguments are so weak I could argue from either side and destroy you half baked reasoning, sorry research and pretzel logic that makes impossible leaps from conclusion to conclusion

You could argue from either side to destroy my reasoning..............but, well, ya can't.

I accept your submission.

Now run along.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:35 PM

How do you know whether a union or corporation ever hurt or helped every person that walked into a voting booth last November. Your idiotic assumption about the entire working poulation of the united states is nothing but but insulting hyperbole with no basis in fact.

Coorporate America has enriched my life greatly, more than some corrupt union hack who wants to rob me and millions of others of 2.5 hours of our hard earned pay checks every month

Quote:
x3.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:36 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,544,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
People like yourself seem to want everything handed to them, and the fortunate reality is that isn't going to happen.
Are you done jumping to conclusions? Why do you expect me to take you seriously when say garbage like that?

You and boner are quite a pair. Are you two related?

Old 06-17-2013, 08:37 PM

What happened to the subject at hand.

desperately googling for something you wont find?

Quote:
You could argue from either side to destroy my reasoning..............but, well, ya can't.

I accept your submission.

Now run along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies