Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2013, 04:52 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Voter fraud, generally, is virtually non-existent in the USA. It exists mostly in the minds of conspiracy theorists.
BS

Indiana Dem Pleads Guilty to Voter Fraud | Washington Free Beacon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 04:53 AM
bUU bUU started this thread

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times
I cannot believe that you think one instance refutes "virtually" non-existent.

Quote:
vir·tu·al·ly adverb \ˈvər-chə-wə-lē, -chə-lē; ˈvərch-wə-lē\

Definition of VIRTUALLY

: almost entirely
Some good hard numbers were presented earlier in the thread, focused on Florida. The number of false-negatives (i.e., instances of voter fraud) were countable on one's fingers. The number of false-positives (i.e., instances of attempt to nullify valid voter registrations) were found to be in the hundreds. You will want to go back and read the thread before posting more uninformed opinion.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:00 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Yanno, this is a total outrage, to all those who fought and died for our freedoms....Living in America is a privilege, voting is a priviledge and for Arizona to allow ILLEGAL, which means, against the law, to vote, is absolutely ludicrist and goes against all law abiding citizens.

I cannot believe Americans are putting up with this...and all those in charge of passing this law in Arizona, should be fired on the spot.

When laws are put into place, they are there for a reason...and I don't believe anyone in this country who is a citizen, cares about people who come here who want to work, and work hard to become a citizen and a working member of our community.

Right now you've got 11 million illegals here who you are giving the right to vote? And both parties are responsible for this, if they were not, on of those parties would move to fix this, however, not one of them has done America any good by ignorning this fact...and they know all to well, that pushing for Amnesty, if they don't close the boarders first, we are going to have one hell of a bigger problem on our hands...they will come over here in droves!!!!!!

Who are these people running our country?

I listened to a police officer who worked in Arizona, and he said it's a joke. The Mexicans come across the boarder and laugh at our law enforcement, b/c 1. They know our police officers, who we are paying by the way, cannot do anything, and 2. The Mexicans know nothing will happen to them, that they can just slip right in????????

I just canot fathom why Americans are putting up with this, even law abiding LEGAL Mexicans cannot believe how broken our systems are due the ravage put on our systems, by illegals.

How stupid can we be, not to mention, who else is coming across the boarders....?

Ey yi yi, I just cannot believe we are this stupid? It is mind blowing, especially after 911, you'd think logically, the first thing they'd have done was to CLOSE THE BOARDERS AND SECURE THEM TIGHTLY...THEN FIX THE FAILILNG IMIGRATION SYSTEM, AND MONITOR EVERYONE WHO IS HERE ILLEGALLY? Honestly, I don't believe they know how to organize this, honestly? I believe we've become a society of quick fixes, and our leaders and Americans cannot logically figure out how to fix these problems, if they did, they'd fix them? Right?

Old 06-18-2013, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Oh, for crying out loud. Colorado and Florida's process sucked, mmkay? When they were given access to federal records, it turned out that those numbers in the thousands were completely unfounded in reality.

I have posted the links twice already, not doing it again. You seem happy to be uninformed.
You bet it sucked!!!! In this day and age, we're dealing with this kind of incompetence? And no one is asking any questions, everyone just trods along like little mechanical machines, not caring, uninformed and allowing them to get away with this?

Does anyone realize how powerful the media is today? Does anyone realize how powerful our government is today? Lies, lies and more lies, from both parties?

Old 06-18-2013, 05:04 AM

Your darn right that's BS, can you believe how naieve American's are, I hate to stay, stupid, but my God, can't they see what is going on? Our laws mean nothing?

It is so pathetic, when people make comments like that, you just want to throw up your arms b/c it's like talking to little children? Can you honestly believe people are this naieve? And their only answer is we're conspiracy therorists? Pathetic?

Old 06-18-2013, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
I cannot believe that you believe that closing down the borders will have as much impact on confronting terrorism as what you're complaining about. The only rational justifications for "closing down the borders" are economic (read: jobs, wages, costs of the social safety net, etc.), not homeland security-related.
OMG, OMG
there are 11 million illegals here today, among them are people coming into this country that are NOT MEXICAN....

you want to talk rational justifications....how do you think the terrorists that flew the planes during 911 got in here? MY GOD, I cannot believe YOU ARE that naieve...

If you want to fix a problem, you start at the beginning....even a legal Mexican said this the other night who was being interviewed.

First you close down the boarders, all of them, secure them good and tight
Then you reform our immigration systems so that they work
Now you monitor every illegal in this country, so that they are given time to become citizens....

Old 06-18-2013, 05:19 AM
bUU bUU started this thread

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
voting is a priviledge and for Arizona to allow ILLEGAL, which means, against the law, to vote, is absolutely ludicrist and goes against all law abiding citizens.
Despite how you went on and on and on about this issue, you made clear early on in your message that you didn't know what the heck you were talking about. This court case was about Arizona obstructing LEGAL CITIZENS from voting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
OMG, OMG
there are 11 million illegals here today, among them are people coming into this country that are NOT MEXICAN....
So keep them from voting.

Don't try to keep LEGAL CITIZENS from voting.

Because you don't like that their skin is a little tanner than yours.

Or because you don't like the way they trill their 'r's.

Because that's all that this is about. I am no friend to immigration. I'm a friend to citizens exercising their unimpeded and unobstructed right to vote. And so should you be. Without religious bias. Without racial bias. With national origin bias. Citizen is citizen. Period.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamme73 View Post
at this point and time for conservatives it is in their political best interests if certain groups of people don't vote.

Conservatives don't really want huge percentages of non white people to vote, and they are taking steps to prevent this from occurring and from a political standpoint that makes logical sense.

Yet conservatives do something worse which is to call the whole integrity of elections into question without one bit of proof.

It is like they are saying because all of these non white people are voting, we know they are cheating therefore the whole voting system is corrupt.

Which means the political leaders these corrupt voters elect are illegitimate and corrupt as well.
amen!

Old 06-18-2013, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Despite how you went on and on and on about this issue, you made clear early on in your message that you didn't know what the heck you were talking about. This court case was about Arizona obstructing LEGAL CITIZENS from voting.

So keep them from voting.

Don't try to keep LEGAL CITIZENS from voting.

Because you don't like that their skin is a little tanner than yours.

Or because you don't like the way they trill their 'r's.

Because that's all that this is about. I am no friend to immigration. I'm a friend to citizens exercising their unimpeded and unobstructed right to vote. And so should you be. Without religious bias. Without racial bias. With national origin bias. Citizen is citizen. Period.
I know what this is all about, clearly, I just happen to get really upset and go off on tangins, b/c I cannot believe Amercians are so stupid and have allowed this to go on for so long.

Listen, when a Mexican, who came across the boarder and legally became a citizen of the U.S. and says the same things I'm saying, Mr. That speaks volumns...and buddy, I have no problem with the color of anyone's skin, as long as they do the right thing, the responsible thing, and stop taking advantage of our broken systems....
I don't think you realize, how many hospitals have been forced to close down because illegals know how to work the system...they run to the emergency rooms, are given treatment, then don't pay the bills...
and anyone who is in this country now, who worked very hard to become a legal citizen of the U.S. will tell you the same thing...period....

I cannot believe how completely distorted our laws have become, not to mention, logic is lost...break all the laws, do whatever you please....and to heck with everyone else who deems it a priviledge to be an American.

and by the way, do you realize, how you've opened the doors to all countries all nationalities to come into the U.S. I don't believe you realize, how many Russian Gangs are here, not to mention other nationalities that are illegal, not to mention the cartels...do you honestly think and believe it's simply all Mexians coming thru...geeze Lousise?

Old 06-18-2013, 05:30 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Me too, but that was not the issue decided. It was whether a state could go further than the federal law in its requirements. The feds do not require proof.

Also, it put a burden on certain groups like naturalized citizens. They would have to go in person to register because it is illegal to copy citizenship papers.

It was 7-2 which is a pretty solid rejection.
We might be seeing more federal action and lawsuits against Arizona in the future too. Think of all the discrimination lawsuits which are, or will be filed. Arizona has been on a slippery slope for years and years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies