Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2013, 05:30 AM
bUU bUU started this thread

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Listen, when a Mexican, who came across the boarder and legally became a citizen of the U.S. and says the same things I'm saying, Mr. That speaks volumns...
No: It just means two people are reinforcing each other's irrelevant rantings.

Quote:
and buddy, I have no problem with the color of anyone's skin
Then stop criticizing a court judgment that struck down a law that was determined to be illegally biased against American citizens, and start criticizing the government of Arizona which has several times in various forms recently demonstrated a pattern of such discrimination against American citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 05:40 AM

28,922 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
bUU No: It just means two people are reinforcing each other's irrelevant rantings.
Well, pssst, I hate to tell you this, but there are a whole lot of others out there who feel as we 2 feel...common sense

Quote:
Then stop criticizing a court judgment that struck down a law that was determined to be illegally biased against American citizens, and start criticizing the government of Arizona which has several times in various forms recently demonstrated a pattern of such discrimination against American citizens.
I will speak as openenly as I please...I am critizing the fact that we do not do what is right and shut down the boarders, that is a discrimination agains Americans....

Old 06-18-2013, 05:48 AM

28,922 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
gomexico The talk in the discussion about illegals is simply more unfounded/unproven allegations the byproduct of ethnic prejudice by people here on C-D who, in almost every discussion, have race or ethnicity as a base for objections.
I have no problem with anyone who comes to the U.S. legally, going thru legal immigration system, and becoming a citizen of the U.S., and believe most people feel as I do on the subject, and this has nothing to do with being against ethnicity...this whole country was made up of immigrants....many years ago, who built laws that worked...but our politicans, insist on being corrupt, and breaking down those laws for their own agendas...

yes, I agree, voting is very serious, but even that has become corrupt for many many years....and both parties stood there and said, "yes, come on into America, we'll give you amnesty, we'll get you jobs, vote for me."

Old 06-18-2013, 05:49 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
How funny. Even Scalia didn't buy the Republican bull****.

That "bull****" you talk about is the US Constitution, in which states are given the right to determine voting eligibility. That, of course, was a key issue in ratifying the Constitution, as states wanted to determine the criteria for who THEY sent to Congress, not the other way around.

The fascists, of course celebrate this.

Liberalism = Fascism

Old 06-18-2013, 05:51 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,748 times
So, the only question remaining is how many states/precincts are we going to vote in next year and how many times?

On the other hand, universal background checks are pretty much done as an issue now.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
We do more checking on people who want to buy a box of bullets than we do on people that go to vote.

You would think that with all the illegals here in this country we would want to make sure our voting system maintains its integrity.

Sure hardly any voter fraud is recorded. But is that because we aren't checking ? We seem to wait and see if any fallout happens after elections.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:19 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,218,878 times
J. Christian Adams has some commentary at PJMedia
Quote:
http://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/2...inglepage=true

Something perverse happened after the Supreme Court’s decision today invalidating citizenship-verification requirements in Arizona for registrants who use the federal voter registration form. The Left knows they lost most of the battle, but are still claiming victory
Explaining that the state can use the State registration form that allows 'proof of citizenship' and can still make multiple checks to verify info. The left wanted exclusive use of the federal form, with no proof or checks.

Waiting to see how the Senate reacts to Sen. Cruz's amendment to change the federal app with an amendment to the immigration bill.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:21 AM
bUU bUU started this thread

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times
Quote:
Well, pssst, I hate to tell you this, but there are a whole lot of others out there who feel as we 2 feel...common sense
The content of what you feel has no impact on its relevance to the matter at hand - that's more of an objective measure.

Quote:
I will speak as openenly as I please...
As will I, including labeling your comments irrelevant for specified reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But is that because we aren't checking ?
Except we have and when we have the voter fraud was insignificant as compared to the legal citizen voter nullification.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:27 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Unreal. To not have to prove you belong here to vote is unbelievable to me. Its common friggin sense.
You have the wrong issue. reload.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:27 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
The content of what you feel has no impact on its relevance to the matter at hand - that's more of an objective measure.

As will I, including labeling your comments irrelevant for specified reasons.

Except we have and when we have the voter fraud was insignificant as compared to the legal citizen voter nullification.
How ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies