Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2013, 02:30 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,671,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
While I agree with you that EVERY instance of voter fraud and voter registration fraud--two different things--are attacks on our system of government and should be pursued and prosecuted, I would also point out that voter fraud is so infrequent in our country that it has a virtually non-existent impact on voting results.
Thats not true. It happens far too often. Last election a woman tried to vote 6 times, than there are illegals voting.

We are also adding them to our census so states with higher illegal alien population get more representation. Thats more fraud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 02:33 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,243,362 times
So we have to trust people who simply SAY they are citizens, instead of requiring proof for voting?

I guess from now on I'll skip the annual inspections required on my cars and my camper, since I can just to SAY they are safe.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:33 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
It wouldn't matter if they did or didn't. Who is checking?
Obviously, it does matter because in order to vote you have to be registered to vote. When you go to vote, they check the registration records. Or are you claiming that they don't check?

Old 06-17-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Obviously, it does matter because in order to vote you have to be registered to vote. When you go to vote, they check the registration records. Or are you claiming that they don't check?
Here is an example.

In Colorado, the process identified 4,000 suspect voters (the list has grown to 5,000 this year). In New Mexico, the process yielded no names. But in Florida, the voter rolls contained the names of 180,000 people that weren't citizens

Old 06-17-2013, 02:40 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Thats not true. It happens far too often. Last election a woman tried to vote 6 times, than there are illegals voting.

We are also adding them to our census so states with higher illegal alien population get more representation. Thats more fraud.
A woman tried to vote 6 times???!!!!! Oh my god. And how many people voted in that election? Would her six votes have had ANY impact, at all, on the outcome of the election?? The answer is no.

Voter fraud is a problem in that this woman should be vigorously prosecuted because voter fraud goes against the very principles at the heart of our republic. Prosecution of voter fraud when it turns up protects the integrity of our system.

But your belief that widespread fraud already corrupts the integrity of that system is not based on actual facts. The facts are that voting is observed and monitored by the political parties in our country and by impartial observers from international organizations, and there is NO evidence that voter fraud is anything but a rare and isolated occurrence, and that voter fraud has virtually no impact on election outcomes.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:42 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
1 too many.
Which one?

Old 06-17-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:

But your belief that widespread fraud already corrupts the integrity of that system is not based on actual facts. The facts are that voting is observed and monitored by the political parties in our country and by impartial observers from international organizations, and there is NO evidence that voter fraud is anything but a rare and isolated occurrence, and that voter fraud has virtually no impact on election outcomes.

It is. Why are we counting illegals anyway in the census? They representation in the Electoral College. There is no honest elections when you have all this corruption.

Quote:
A woman tried to vote 6 times???!!!!! Oh my god. And how many people voted in that election? Would her six votes have had ANY impact, at all, on the outcome of the election?? The answer is no.
Imagine if all Republicans did that.

Quote:
Voter fraud is a problem in that this woman should be vigorously prosecuted because voter fraud goes against the very principles at the heart of our republic. Prosecution of voter fraud when it turns up protects the integrity of our system.
Yes they should be prosecuted.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I said you agree.
Proving that you didn't understand my response.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
It wouldn't matter if they did or didn't. Who is checking?
The poll workers. They have the registration rolls right in front of them.

My god... have you actually never voted?

Old 06-17-2013, 02:45 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Unreal. To not have to prove you belong here to vote is unbelievable to me. Its common friggin sense.
The person still needs to state, under penalty of perjury, that they are an American citizen. Arizona was just taking it a step further and requiring certifiable proof of US citizenship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies