Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 01:41 PM

893 posts, read 1,208,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Beneficial to Americans, perhaps. That way they can come in to our fair country armed to the teeth.
Not to mention hordes of illegals sauntering cross the border and disappearing.
So again...no thank you.
There is no such thing as "illegals" in such a set up, so good job good effort, but you're wrong...

Also, if they are "disappearing" then what does it matter to you? You'll never see them. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 03:17 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post
There is no such thing as "illegals" in such a set up, so good job good effort, but you're wrong...

Also, if they are "disappearing" then what does it matter to you? You'll never see them. lol
Obtuse in the extreme!

Unless you open your bottom hatch and remove any border restrictions on that one, then they're still illegals within your country. Sooooo it would be a given that if they then migrate across an open border at your upper end they'd still be illegals, no?

They don't suddenly become legal because they cross another line somewhere. We well know they tend to disappear UNTIL they number enough to tell you to kiss their rosey red azzes, trample your flag and make demands as they are now doing to you, no?

Why would we willingly buy into that cluster-fluster?

Old 08-08-2013, 03:33 PM

63,000 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Obtuse in the extreme!

Unless you open your bottom hatch and remove any border restrictions on that one, then they're still illegals within your country. Sooooo it would be a given that if they then migrate across an open border at your upper end they'd still be illegals, no?

They don't suddenly become legal because they cross another line somewhere. We well know they tend to disappear UNTIL they number enough to tell you to kiss their rosey red azzes, trample your flag and make demands as they are now doing to you, no?

Old 08-08-2013, 04:51 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,746,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Canada wouldn't want to share our lax food safety standards. Canada has better food safety---their chickens and pigs are hormone-free, same with milk, it's hormone and antibiotic free. Americans don't like regulation, so we poison ourselves to maintain our illusion of freedom.
USDA Says Mad Cow Came from Canada
http://www.city-data.com/forum/newre...ply&p=30132502

Quote:

USDA’s primary line of inquiry suggests that the affected animal likely entered the United States as part of a group of 74 dairy cattle that were imported through Eastport, ID, from Canada in 2001.
Of course.... we can't trust our government, can we?

Old 08-08-2013, 06:53 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,424,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I'm sorry, but that post doesn't make a lick of sense. We're not prisoners here.
Furthermore, where would we split TO? The quality of life here is very, very good. We'd go someplace worse? Why?
It makes perfect sense. You are prisoners now in the sense that most Canadians don't have the option to legally live and work in America. That would change.

Canada had many wonderful qualities. In an open border situation similar to the EU the lines would blur. As both economies melded, I believe that Canadians would move here.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:12 PM

234 posts, read 184,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Here's a good example of your gun culture Harrier:

A direct quote from these forums, concerning the Newtown parents:

"Most certainly NOT.... Just because the system failed them is no reason that they should have or receive special weight in making LAW!

The system failed them not the gun...... The gun free zone failed them, not the gun. Why can't you PC people ever place the blame where it lies in the fakery and witch craft that the PC made?

That same system failed me and mine 3 times.. The PC get no more compromise from me I will remain armed at ALL Times. I am right now just sitting here... I always am.

No HELL NO those poor people are in grief but they get no more say than anyone else. My RIGHTS are not for them to give period.

If anything they should REJECT any notions of any more stupid gun free zones.."

Sitting, watching TV....armed.

Why are you so incessant about something that has nothing to do with you?

-----------------------

And why would Canada want America? To impose its VAT on everything while dancing to non-Caribbean Canadian emigre hip-hop? Well, they would have better music than any hip-hop that dull great northern glacier could produce.

Canadians belong in the Commonwealth and ought to join the EU if possible. Who wants that saggy old lady on our coins anyway? Or polar bears? Ducks and moose on the money, really?

Old 08-08-2013, 07:16 PM

234 posts, read 184,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Why is it you freaky people just LOVE the "citizens of the world" nonsense? Tell me something... Since you OBVIOUSLY fantasize about this utopian fantasy, SURELY you wouldn't mind living under Sharia law, or would you?

You see the thing about your delusional "citizens of the world" nonsense is someone will ALWAYS try to be the boss and they will rule in ways you certainly won't like. Why is it you communism romantics can't ever see the harsh reality that goes with your utopian delusions?

Don't we have enough trouble just trying to maintain our own country? Now you want to go and throw other countries into the mix?

I wonder if instead of hitting on a bong while living in mom's basement, you actually tried taking part of reality... getting a job, working at buying a home, having a family, etc., you might learn a little. Because while this country is going to hell in a hand basket, it still is the closest thing to liberty in the world... and turning it into a free for all will NOT make it better.
"Citizens of the world" are afraid they will lose out when other non-white cultures become as affluent as the old white Christian countries they love. In other words, for them it is an obvious numbers game and as the world is allowed to catch up, they think they will become frivolous, like the way they treat 'minorities' in real life rather than in the rhetorical should-be's they enjoy tossing around like a mallet to prove themselves otherwise.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:27 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
life would be better for us all if the Americans had won the Battle of Qubec... just saying.... LOL.
HUH? What Americans? In 1759 there were no Americans. This was between the Brits and the French. Canada was French.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Obtuse in the extreme!

Seems you are the one confused. If you can cross any border legally, and without hassle, then how can one possibly be an "illegal"?

What is the difference between someone deciding to move from Oklahoma City to Dallas for a new job opportunity and someone deciding to move from Mexico City to Dallas for a job opportunity? There is none. So why is one okay but the other isn't? Makes no logical sense.

The only real answer is due to racist bigotry, but that hardly seems to be a worthwhile reason to support.

Also, lol at "oh no they might bring their own ideas on how to do/run things"... since when are fresh perspectives and new outlooks a bad thing?

Old 08-08-2013, 07:42 PM

Also lol at the guy who is worried about living under Sharia Law while completely ignorant that he already does. Go try to buy some beer from the store on Sunday (a perfectly fine thing to do) and then try to tell me you aren't already living under some laws that were made by religious nuts when they refuse to sell it (or at least say they'd like to but aren't allowed)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies