Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 12:19 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
How did the follow-up with Nancy and Frank Taaffe go? Frank did that before the Zimmerman statements were released, from what it stated.
It's odd, Taffe includes some aspects of Z's re-enactment (he circled the car) but is then in other areas is at odds with all of GZ's versions.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:23 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I usually don't call anyone a loser. We all have our personal struggles in life. However, in response to your post and to others who are passing judgment on Trayvon and his friend, did you ever wonder why George tried so hard to become a cop and failed? Did you ever look at his record?

George has been frustrated for a long time. He took courses in criminology, but he couldn't finish college because he kept flunking courses and was put on academic probation. He was expelled because his grade point average dropped below 2.0. (and people are calling 17 year old Trayvon Martin slow?) He wanted to be a police officer and got a D in "Intro To Criminal Justice."

Doesn't this show his anger and frustration was building up for years? The only way he could have any "authority" was to form a neighborhood watch group and become its captain. Keep in mind that he wasn't even a homeowner and nobody else was interested. For him this was an important job. I'm not trying to give him an insanity pass at all, but he was obsessed with the whole justice system and wanted so badly to be part of it but instead had to go on a ride-along with a "real" police officer to get a taste.

SOURCE: Orlando Sentinel

Excellent post, justNancy! Plus, Zimmerman has had problems with aggression in the past. It's no easy trick to assault an undercover officer and have the charges dropped, and according to this story, neighbors had complained that Zimmerman was aggressive as the NWA liaison. Napoleon Complex?

George Zimmerman Neighbors Complained About Aggressive Tactics Before Trayvon Martin Killing

Old 06-27-2013, 12:29 AM

[quote=southbel;30213602]But won't it be fascinating if he does?[/quote/]

Absolutely! Millions of people would love to know why he didn't stay in his truck, for one thing.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
It's odd, Taffe includes some aspects of Z's re-enactment (he circled the car) but is then in other areas is at odds with all of GZ's versions.
Everything about this case is odd! It makes me think of the old saying, "Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive."

Old 06-27-2013, 12:52 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Cracker isn't a bad word. It may be used as word of derision but others proudly call themselves crackers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_(pejorative)

Old 06-27-2013, 04:44 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You've got a good point there. She is certainly not intimidated by him, and he was the one who seemed to be really frustrated with her responses today. I hope he continues as he did today. I still think that's a losing tactic.
If you take a break from typing briefs today, show the last 5 minutes of her testimony to the lawyers you work for. Ask them if they think her attitude and comments were good or bad for the state.

You're pleased the black woman put the white lawyer in his place. 'You go girl'

Old 06-27-2013, 04:44 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Cracker isn't a bad word. It may be used as word of derision but others proudly call themselves crackers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_(pejorative)
lol double standards. A hear black people call themselves and each other the N word all the damn time. But that's unacceptable and racist if a white person says it

Old 06-27-2013, 04:50 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,115 times
Geez, not again..... It seems the more real information, evidence and discussion that is posted, the more the racism and political commentary and innuendo spreads. Like a social and ideological virus. There is enough conflict amongst the evidence, various statements, witnesses, to keep most people interested and curious. Apparently that's not what some seek.

To the one person that addressed a question specifically related to the crime scene that I posted, I thank you.

In response, I can only answer that this is the biggest question in this case. Note that I state "question", for I obviously do not have a predetermined answer. I do know one thing, whenever the actual crime scene and evidence discussion takes place, pages of "other discussions" begin immediately. Usually late at night, well after the Happy Hour

In my eyes, the focal point of this case is, or should be, centered around the actual crime scene and all evidence, and statements from various experts and LEO's, and the written and recorded testimony of the defendant. It matters not who called who what names. We already know some type of altercation occurred.
The witnesses so far have done little to clarify exactly what actually happened. A rare piece of consistent testimony, as compared to hours of chaos and incomplete to erroneous memories.

The only thing we know so far that is conclusive, is that the body was found in a certain location, and we have both a re-enactment from the defendant, and various testimony as to what happened from the defendant. We haven't even begun the medical examiner areas, examination of evidence from the defendant, ballistics and so forth. These cases are building blocks.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:51 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Funny how "he looks black" is racist, but "creepy ass cracker" isn't. Why is that?
I doubt that anyone thinks 'he looks black' is a racist remark.

As for 'cracker', I don't consider that a racist remark, either.

When Casey Anthony was found innocent, I referred to her entire jury as 'blankety-blank crackers', and I'm white. I have no idea what the racial makeup of that jury was.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:11 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,368,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yes, this was discussed many times in the past. He should have had a lawyer present from the get-go. However, he had been in trouble several times in the past and always got off with a slap on the wrist. In his mind, he did nothing wrong. "Here I am to save the day!" I don't have anything against the man. I just think he's very screwed up and has a hero complex. It's obvious from his past actions. He was on medication for ADHD and anxiety (Adderall and Temazepam) while driving around with a gun around his waist looking for bad guys. He couldn't get on the police force so he signed up for a ride-along and started a NW group in a community where he only rented. Even the homeowners didn't sign up, so he became the "captain."

The man was a time bomb ready to explode.

OMG

its Nancy Grace,

you have to be her, Ive never heard such incoherent babble from anyone else BUT her !

WOW..

have you harped on the fact that po' po' little tray'von called GZ a ni**a and cracka ?
sounds just like a gang member/ wanna be thug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies