Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 09:27 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
No matter what happens in this case, there will continue to be those that insist their are racial overtones. There are many white racists, and many black racists. We've come a long way, but it will take much longer. There will always be racists on all sides, always.

It would be extremely unfortunate if there were violent events after the trial, as it would only further and extend people's feelings. Everytime something like that happens, it is a major setback in racial relations. There is a natural frustration on both sides, some of it is very legitimate due to real events, some of it is simply racism. Many people can't tell the difference between the two, and many people don;t even know they are racist even if shown their own statements.

Such is life.
You brought up race as being a proper consideration in determining if someone is a criminal or not based on some imaginary criminal profile. I wish you'd follow your own advice and not make this about race.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Many other races wish blacks would stop their blatant racism against them as well. You are not impartial to this case, you are black and see only black no matter what really happened. Typical.
An absolutely ahistorical perspective on racism. But I expect nothing better. You don't know what I see. It is typical for some person to assume to tell me how I feel because I am black thanks for doing just that.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:32 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Many other races wish blacks would stop their blatant racism against them as well. You are not impartial to this case, you are black and see only black no matter what really happened. Typical.
What examples might you be able to provide?

Old 06-25-2013, 09:32 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Can anyone explain exactly what Trayvon could have been doing that made Zimmerman tell the operator that, "he looks like he is up to no good?"

Old 06-25-2013, 09:35 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You make it sound like the ME report conludes tm was not smoking marijuana that night. Unless you're some type of thc expert, your interpretation of the thc levels in tm's blood isn't worth much.

If the tox report is admitted and experts testify, Then you'll have a basis to state their opinions are based on the ME's report.
If the M.E. does not testify I will be so shocked I'll fall over in a heap! I think he/she has to testify as to the cause and manner of death.......etc. Of course, MAYBE because Zimmerman admits to shooting and killing Martin, this may be an exception. A copy of the autopsy report and tox results is in the below link.

Trayvon Martin autopsy: The key clues | HLNtv.com

"Also included in Trayvon Martin's autopsy report is a toxicology report, which shows Martin had 1.5 nanograms of THC – the active ingredient in marijuana – and 7.3 nanograms of another THC substance found in his blood. Traces of cannabis – marijuana – were also found in his urine. The problem with the toxicology report is it doesn’t indicate exactly when the drugs were used and whether Martin was on drugs the night he was killed."

Old 06-25-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
What was the reason?

You mentioned his testimony in an earlier post.......

What was Martin's connection with the neighborhood crime?
You know the answers, Mr. Martin was black and because other black people who are not Mr. Martin may have broken the law, then it was completely reasonable for Mr. Zimmerman to suspect Mr. Martin of being a criminal. This is a racist perspective.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Can anyone explain exactly what Trayvon could have been doing that made Zimmerman tell the operator that, "he looks like he is up to no good?"
This is why I have repeatedly wrote that many of these Zimmerman supporters don't care about the case. That a 17 year old who was doing nothing was shot and killed and if the man responsible for that shooting is guilty.

Naw for them it is about their right to racially profile, and their issues with black people rioting, or black people protesting to get Mr. Zimmerman arrested. Or the fact that President Obama said if I had a son.......

Old 06-25-2013, 09:39 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
You know the answers, Mr. Martin was black and because other black people who are not Mr. Martin may have broken the law, then it was completely reasonable for Mr. Zimmerman to suspect Mr. Martin of being a criminal. This is a racist perspective.
Yes, no doubt. They have no way of explaining themselves out of this.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:40 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Man you are on some fake topic. Either address what I wrote in the context of the discussion or don't but what you wrote had nothing to do with anything I wrote.

These posters are saying that in their opinion Mr. Zimmerman racially profiling Mr. Martin was reasonable and right.

I am saying he doesn't have that right. Mr. Martin is not responsible for crimes committed by people who are not him.

Mr. Martin is under zero obligation to deal with the racist motives of anyone.

Understand I didn't introduce race. These other posters did. All I asked was it was very odd for Mr. Zimmerman to assume Mr. Martin to be a criminal on drugs and a hole and a f-ing punk.

Other posters said oh no that thought by Mr. Zimmerman isn't odd at all given blah, blah, blah.

I simply asked well what about Mr. Martin gives Mr. Zimmerman the right to assume those things about Mr. Martin, and immediately they go to race. As in it is right for Mr. Zimmerman to racially profile Mr. Martin.
Oh, once again, bull pucky. The suspects in several recent burglarys were described in police reports as black males, late teenagers to early 20s (IIRC, and I believe this was discussed repeatedly in past threads). If an individual matching that description is seen acting suspiciously in the neighborhood, it is not "racist" to contact police or observe him while talking to police. Now, had the previously described burglary suspects been reported as fat, middle age white dudes with beards, and Z had passed up several such guys to report a black youth, you might have a case. Is there any indication that he had routinely displayed racist behavior in the past? IIRC he had black friends, and even went so far to start or support a community group to defend a black youth improperly charged or harrassed by police, though I forget the specifics. Does that sound like the actions of a racist?

Old 06-25-2013, 09:40 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
This is why I have repeatedly wrote that many of these Zimmerman supporters don't care about the case. That a 17 year old who was doing nothing was shot and killed and if the man responsible for that shooting is guilty.

Naw for them it is about their right to racially profile, and their issues with black people rioting, or black people protesting to get Mr. Zimmerman arrested. Or the fact that President Obama said if I had a son.......
If I were the prosecutor, I would love to grill Zimmerman about exactly what about TM made him "look" like he was up to no good!

I am reasonably sure that is TM was a white, attractive, daughter of a wealthy family, the Zimmerman supporters would be singing a different song.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies