Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 10:08 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
I'll be completely honest with you. If I lived in an area that had several break ins, and all of them were perpetrated by young males that all had the same looks, be it black or white or whatever, I'd be frustrated and a little hostile too. So if I see someone that looks out of place, fits the same description, and is walking around in the rain at night like he was, I'd be suspicious as well.

Only a natural feeling.
...and your corrresponding inclination would be to report it to 911 and then leave your vehicle to follow him?

No one faulted Zimmerman for being suspicious and placing a call as the neighborhood watch guy, but he overstepped what was expected of him as a volunteer watch person and suggested to him by the 911 operator. He went overboard when he had it within his power to confront TM from the safety of his vehicle and ask him if he lived in the area. A very different end to the story if GZ had common sense.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:08 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Everything you posted backs up my statement which is still 100% fact, Trayvon Martin had drugs in his system when he was shot.
IIRC, you said Martin was "on drugs" that night. Reread that report and the article, it says no determination was made that he was in fact "on drugs THAT NIGHT." Your bias is enormously strong, so I understand why you can't read the report objectively. No proof he was "on drugs that night." He could have smoked pot a week or more PRIOR to that night.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:09 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,386,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...and your corrresponding inclination would be to report it to 911 and then leave your vehicle to follow him?

No one faulted Zimmerman for being suspicious and placing a call as the neighborhood watch guy, but he overstepped what was expected of him as a volunteer watch person and suggested to him by the 911 operator. He went overboard when he had it within his power to confront TM from the safety of his vehicle and ask him if he lived in the area. A very different end to the story if GZ had common sense.
He should have honked first.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
No, there was NO indication of "drugs," which indicates more than one drug present. There was a minute amount of THC in his blood, indicating that he'd ingested marijuana at an earlier time. Just ignore the fact that it was Zimmerman who was taking Adderall (an amphetamine) and temazepam (a benzodiazepine).
Zimmerman was taking both uppers and downers daily, drugs with serious side effects. Had SPD followed procedure and tested Zimmerman the night of the killing, we'd know exactly what drugs were influencing his judgment and behavior.
Zimmerman got quite a rush out of the event.

He's crashing down, now.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:11 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
What I find amusing is that people are so eager to keep offering up the dirt on Martin like Zimmerman had knowledge of any of those incidents prior to this event. Had he been an honor roll student would it have changed any thing? Of course not because before the dirt even hit the media those in camp Zimmerman had already decided that he was justified in shooting him. Martin MUST have done something to DESERVE to be shot.

Then in the same breath they turn around and mock Camp Martin for not being objective. For some people this case is 100% about race, point blank period. Some people are are convinced Martin deserved to die because he's black. Some people are convinced that Zimmerman shot Martin because he's black. They just don't have the balls to admit it.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:12 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
You said he profiled him. I don't want anything to be about race. I wish racist a holes would leave black people alone and let us go on about our lives without being subjected to their racism.

But a lot of people feel it is their right to profile. I know he profiled Mr. Martin because he was skinny? Or was it because of his hoodie. Strange why didn't the guy at the 7/11 view Mr. Martin suspiciously? Oh that's right cause no young black dudes have stolen from that 7/11 ever. Could it be that Mr. Martin wasn't viewed suspiciously because that guy at the 7/11 isn't a racist and because Mr. Martin wasn't doing anything, he didn't think he was suspicious?
I didn't say he profiled him beause he was black. You added that.

There were black and non-black criminals. In my opinion, gz didn't care about color that night. He was sick and tired of the crime and the aholes getting away.

If you view the entire 7-11 video, the clerk was watching tm like a hawk watches a chicken.

But let's leave it your way. GZ wanted to kill a black kid. Happy ?

Old 06-25-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I didn't say he profiled him beause he was black. You added that.

There were black and non-black criminals. In my opinion, gz didn't care about color that night. He was sick and tired of the crime and the aholes getting away.

If you view the entire 7-11 video, the clerk was watching tm like a hawk watches a chicken.

But let's leave it your way. GZ wanted to kill a black kid. Happy?
Yeah, BEFORE the black kid could do black kid stuff.

It's called preventative law enforcement.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:16 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Given the fact that he had to shoot someone to save his own life and because of it he's now falsely being made out as someone who was just looking for a black guy to kill, he's well within his right to have a problem with "black folks on some level".

That is the basic question and reason for the trial. It has not been proven that Zimmerman had to shoot someone to "save his own life."

Old 06-25-2013, 10:17 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Can anyone explain exactly what Trayvon could have been doing that made Zimmerman tell the operator that, "he looks like he is up to no good?"
a community is rocked by recient burgleries , a punk kid EXPELLED from school, for having stolen property, and drug parfaranlia in his possession, is observered casing houses as he goes to get "skittle and tea" a known street drug called 'lean', sees the community watch guy watching him, attacks the community watch guy and is the process is accidently shot and killed

Old 06-25-2013, 10:18 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
What I find amusing is that people are so eager to keep offering up the dirt on Martin like Zimmerman had knowledge of any of those incidents prior to this event. Had he been an honor roll student would it have changed any thing? Of course not because before the dirt even hit the media those in camp Zimmerman had already decided that he was justified in shooting him. Martin MUST have done something to DESERVE to be shot.

Then in the same breath they turn around and mock Camp Martin for not being objective. For some people this case is 100% about race, point blank period. Some people are are convinced Martin deserved to die because he's black. Some people are convinced that Zimmerman shot Martin because he's black. They just don't have the balls to admit it.
I have never thought that it was a racial killing, although, it is difficult to deny that there was racial profiling to some extent and possibly the knowledge that the Sanford police would chalk it up just as they originally set out to do. I have always been of the opinion that Zimmerman had delusion of grandeur concerning his authority in certain situations. I aslo think that he is not very bright. I do agree that forums harbor many people that do think TM deserved what he got for walking while black.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 06-25-2013 at 10:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies