Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 09:43 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You need to take another look at that pathologist's report. There was a trace of THC, 1.5 nanograms and 7.3 nanograms of another THC substance.....such a small amount that it could not be determined WHEN, how long ago it was introduced into his system. There is NO PROOF that he had smoked pot or had taken any other drugs that day or that night.

"Also included in Trayvon Martin's autopsy report is a toxicology report, which shows Martin had 1.5 nanograms of THC – the active ingredient in marijuana – and 7.3 nanograms of another THC substance found in his blood. Traces of cannabis – marijuana – were also found in his urine. The problem with the toxicology report is it doesn’t indicate exactly when the drugs were used and whether Martin was on drugs the night he was killed"

Trayvon Martin autopsy: The key clues | HLNtv.com

Btw, I don't have a law degree, "Wiki" or otherwise, however, I have had a lot of training in investigations and law and court procedures and rules of evidence by ATTORNEYS through my work. What is your legal training or education?
Everything you posted backs up my statement which is still 100% fact, Trayvon Martin had drugs in his system when he was shot.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:44 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Oh, once again, bull pucky. The suspects in several recent burglarys were described in police reports as black males, late teenagers to early 20s (IIRC, and I believe this was discussed repeatedly in past threads). If an individual matching that description is seen acting suspiciously in the neighborhood, it is not "racist" to contact police or observe him while talking to police.
You, and your fellow travelers, have yet to define just what Martin was doing that was "suspicious." What was suspicious about Martin's behavior? Huh?

Quote:
Now, had the previously described burglary suspects been reported as fat, middle age white dudes with beards, and Z had passed up several such guys to report a black youth, you might have a case. Is there any indication that he had routinely displayed racist behavior in the past?
Yes.

Quote:
IIRC he had black friends, and even went so far to start or support a community group to defend a black youth improperly charged or harrassed by police, though I forget the specifics. Does that sound like the actions of a racist?
Zimmerman had black friends - and also had some acquaintances who said that he routinely used racial slurs. And from the communications of his brother and father, which were appalling, it's pretty evident that he had problems with black folks on some level.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:46 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Oh, once again, bull pucky. The suspects in several recent burglarys were described in police reports as black males, late teenagers to early 20s (IIRC, and I believe this was discussed repeatedly in past threads). If an individual matching that description is seen acting suspiciously in the neighborhood, it is not "racist" to contact police or observe him while talking to police. Now, had the previously described burglary suspects been reported as fat, middle age white dudes with beards, and Z had passed up several such guys to report a black youth, you might have a case. Is there any indication that he had routinely displayed racist behavior in the past? IIRC he had black friends, and even went so far to start or support a community group to defend a black youth improperly charged or harrassed by police, though I forget the specifics. Does that sound like the actions of a racist?

Most young black males are NOT criminals. Thinking it is reasonable to view suspiciously any young black male in his late teens or early 20's that you see, is fundamentally racist.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:46 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Many other races wish blacks would stop their blatant racism against them as well. You are not impartial to this case, you are black and see only black no matter what really happened. Typical.

"Many other races?" There's only one...the human race. Physical differences are nothing more than evolutionary responses to the environments in which people lived. Perhaps you could provide a link that elaborates on how black racism has impacted poor, downtrodden whites...or anyone else, for that matter.
Since none of us are on the jury, it's perfectly natural and expected that people respond to the facts with their own point of view, influenced by their life experiences. You are no more impartial than the poster you're attempting to chastise...the immediate reaction of claiming black racism reveals your biases.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:49 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If I were the prosecutor, I would love to grill Zimmerman about exactly what about TM made him "look" like he was up to no good!

I am reasonably sure that is TM was a white, attractive, daughter of a wealthy family, the Zimmerman supporters would be singing a different song.
Of course, because white folks are judged as individuals. The idea that we hold white people who aren't criminals responsible for the crimes of white people who are criminals is absurd.

But these posters think it is perfectly reasonable that if a young black man breaks the law to view any young black man fitting their imaginary profile of being a criminal.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:54 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You, and your fellow travelers, have yet to define just what Martin was doing that was "suspicious." What was suspicious about Martin's behavior? Huh?

Yes.

Zimmerman had black friends - and also had some acquaintances who said that he routinely used racial slurs. And from the communications of his brother and father, which were appalling, it's pretty evident that he had problems with black folks on some level.

That would be a fair question to bring up during, you know...the trial. From what I understand, as NW captain, Z had a pretty decent idea who lived in the neighborhood. He didn't recognize M. M was reportedly standing in the rain looking towards houses in the neighborhood. I'll admit, I don't know what's normal in that neighborhood, but in my neighborhood, a stranger standing in the rain staring at people's houses would be consdidered a bit odd, at the least. Wouldn't you think so?

Is there any indication that he reported every, or even most, black teens in the neighborhood?

Old 06-25-2013, 09:56 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Everything you posted backs up my statement which is still 100% fact, Trayvon Martin had drugs in his system when he was shot.
No, there was NO indication of "drugs," which indicates more than one drug present. There was a minute amount of THC in his blood, indicating that he'd ingested marijuana at an earlier time. Just ignore the fact that it was Zimmerman who was taking Adderall (an amphetamine) and temazepam (a benzodiazepine).
Zimmerman was taking both uppers and downers daily, drugs with serious side effects. Had SPD followed procedure and tested Zimmerman the night of the killing, we'd know exactly what drugs were influencing his judgment and behavior.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:58 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Not according to the Medical Examiner's report.....
Well they lied because he's black.
Or they lied because they're the media.
Or the did the wrong drug test.

No matter how you twist it Zimmerman was perfectly aware that Martin had at some point used drugs and been in trouble even though he had no actual evidence of that. Apparently knowing things without actually seeing them is common these days.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:02 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Lordy, the goofball president of the HOA concurs there had been a lot of breakins, but didn't think they needed a NW program.

What a dumbass.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:04 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Given the fact that he had to shoot someone to save his own life and because of it he's now falsely being made out as someone who was just looking for a black guy to kill, he's well within his right to have a problem with "black folks on some level".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies