Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 09:06 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Oh, bull pucky. He had every right to be in his neighborhood. As a neighborhood watch volunteer, he had both a right and responsibility to report a stranger acting suspiciously. Especially one that matched the description of suspects in several recent burglaries. And he certainly had a right to walk down a public sidewalk to observe this suspicious person so he could relate his location to the police responding to the call.

He had no right to in any way stop or detain someone. Nor is there any evidence (as of yet) that he did so.

Martin also had every right to be where he was. He could have chosen several courses of action. One would be to keep on walking. Or even walked to his own house, gone inside and locked the door and called police. He was within 200 feet of it for a period of minutes while Z continued his 911 call. Or simply asked Z why he seemed to be following him.

Right now, we don't know who started the physical confrontation. That is the only real key aspect of this case. Over the next few days the evidence should come out.

Man you are on some fake topic. Either address what I wrote in the context of the discussion or don't but what you wrote had nothing to do with anything I wrote.

These posters are saying that in their opinion Mr. Zimmerman racially profiling Mr. Martin was reasonable and right.

I am saying he doesn't have that right. Mr. Martin is not responsible for crimes committed by people who are not him.

Mr. Martin is under zero obligation to deal with the racist motives of anyone.

Understand I didn't introduce race. These other posters did. All I asked was it was very odd for Mr. Zimmerman to assume Mr. Martin to be a criminal on drugs and a hole and a f-ing punk.

Other posters said oh no that thought by Mr. Zimmerman isn't odd at all given blah, blah, blah.

I simply asked well what about Mr. Martin gives Mr. Zimmerman the right to assume those things about Mr. Martin, and immediately they go to race. As in it is right for Mr. Zimmerman to racially profile Mr. Martin.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:06 AM

1,137 posts, read 972,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
You are damn right I wouldn't racially profile someone and pretend it was ok and reasonable.

If I was racially profiling someone I'd admit to and admit it is racist because that's what it is.

You cats want to racially profile someone and pretend it isn't racist. Just own up to what you are advocating. Racist behavior.
Profiling is not racist, it is using statistics to come to a reasonable conclusion.

If 2 out of every 3 little green martians walked up to me and kicked me in the family jewels, it would be logical to assume that every time I see a little green martian I should cover up the grapefruits. That isnt saying that all little green martians would commit battery on my groin, but given the numbers of them that do, it would be wise to be wary of little green martians since per capita, my balls stand a greater chance of being on the business end of a little green martian roundhouse compared to little purple martians, or the very rare neon pink martians.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:09 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
You are damn right I wouldn't racially profile someone and pretend it was ok and reasonable.

If I was racially profiling someone I'd admit to and admit it is racist because that's what it is.

You cats want to racially profile someone and pretend it isn't racist. Just own up to what you are advocating. Racist behavior.

You so want this to be 'because tm was black,' it's pathetic and funny.

I haven't been called a 'cat' for deades. Feels groovy.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:14 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
No, I can't grasp why gz thought tm was suspicious, because had no reason to think so.

Considering gz is known to lie and fabricate, there really is nothing about his explanation that would lead me to believe he was telling the truth.

GZ had no business following Martin.
There was good reason to feel the guy was suspicious.

GZ lies, which is why I didn't bother quoting him. The neighborhood crime is fact.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Look, if TM was DOING anything but simply walking home, then Zimmerman would have a right to be suspicious.

Zimmerman simply saw a black man walking. What is suspicious about that? What exactly did Zimmerman mean when he told the 911 operator that TM "looks like he is up to no good?"
They don't get it. They don't get what it's like to always be suspected of being a freaking criminal whereever you go, and being expected to take the weight of those expectations and how people treat you. Calling the police, harrassing you if you are in a park doing nothing. This stuff happens to young black men all the time.

Young black men always fit someone's profile of a criminal and too many Americans think it is ok to treat them as criminals.

Nearly every young black male that is in America is on multiple people imaginary lists of profiles of criminals.

For many Americans young black men are suspicious just for being. Oh the stories I have of the police being called on me and I had done NOTHING.

This is what these people are advocating.

I have called the police on other black men, but you know what they were actually DOING something. Being loud, drinking in public, gambling in public, fighting, cursing loudly, etc.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:16 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
There was good reason to feel the guy was suspicious.
What was the reason?

Quote:
GZ lies, which is why I didn't bother quoting him.
You mentioned his testimony in an earlier post.......

Quote:
The neighborhood crime is fact.
What was Martin's connection with the neighborhood crime?

Old 06-25-2013, 09:19 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The toxicology report done following his death shows that he was indeed on drugs, that is a FACT. Take your WIKI law degree somewhere else.
You need to take another look at that pathologist's report. There was a trace of THC, 1.5 nanograms and 7.3 nanograms of another THC substance.....such a small amount that it could not be determined WHEN, how long ago it was introduced into his system. There is NO PROOF that he had smoked pot or had taken any other drugs that day or that night.

"Also included in Trayvon Martin's autopsy report is a toxicology report, which shows Martin had 1.5 nanograms of THC – the active ingredient in marijuana – and 7.3 nanograms of another THC substance found in his blood. Traces of cannabis – marijuana – were also found in his urine. The problem with the toxicology report is it doesn’t indicate exactly when the drugs were used and whether Martin was on drugs the night he was killed"

Trayvon Martin autopsy: The key clues | HLNtv.com

Btw, I don't have a law degree, "Wiki" or otherwise, however, I have had a lot of training in investigations and law and court procedures and rules of evidence by ATTORNEYS through my work. What is your legal training or education?

Old 06-25-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

You so want this to be 'because tm was black,' it's pathetic and funny.

I haven't been called a 'cat' for deades. Feels groovy.
You said he profiled him. I don't want anything to be about race. I wish racist a holes would leave black people alone and let us go on about our lives without being subjected to their racism.

But a lot of people feel it is their right to profile. I know he profiled Mr. Martin because he was skinny? Or was it because of his hoodie. Strange why didn't the guy at the 7/11 view Mr. Martin suspiciously? Oh that's right cause no young black dudes have stolen from that 7/11 ever. Could it be that Mr. Martin wasn't viewed suspiciously because that guy at the 7/11 isn't a racist and because Mr. Martin wasn't doing anything, he didn't think he was suspicious?

Old 06-25-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Profiling is not racist, it is using statistics to come to a reasonable conclusion.

If 2 out of every 3 little green martians walked up to me and kicked me in the family jewels, it would be logical to assume that every time I see a little green martian I should cover up the grapefruits. That isnt saying that all little green martians would commit battery on my groin, but given the numbers of them that do, it would be wise to be wary of little green martians since per capita, my balls stand a greater chance of being on the business end of a little green martian roundhouse compared to little purple martians, or the very rare neon pink martians.
Your logic fails. The vast overwhelming majority of black people are not criminals. Racial profiling is against the law.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:26 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
You said he profiled him. I don't want anything to be about race. I wish racist a holes would leave black people alone and let us go on about our lives without being subjected to their racism.

But a lot of people feel it is their right to profile. I know he profiled Mr. Martin because he was skinny? Or was it because of his hoodie. Strange why didn't the guy at the 7/11 view Mr. Martin suspiciously? Oh that's right cause no young black dudes have stolen from that 7/11 ever. Could it be that Mr. Martin wasn't viewed suspiciously because that guy at the 7/11 isn't a racist and because Mr. Martin wasn't doing anything, he didn't think he was suspicious?
Many other races wish blacks would stop their blatant racism against them as well. You are not impartial to this case, you are black and see only black no matter what really happened. Typical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies