Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 09:26 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,819,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
TM decided he didnt deserve to live the moment he struck another individual.
Thats no excuse for killing someone.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:29 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Thats no excuse for killing someone.
No, it's not. Protecting your own life from a potentially deadly assault is. If that is indeed what happened. Let the evidence be presented.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
No, it's not. Protecting your own life from a potentially deadly assault is. If that is indeed what happened. Let the evidence be presented.
Potentially? Thats no excuse either.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:32 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I look at it this way...sadly and tragically a life was taken when it could have been avoided from the get go, but at least GZ will never be a "neighborhhod watch person" again. His delusions of being Charles Bronson have been dashed and he has been castrated in the vigilante department. All of that is a very good thing.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:34 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Can you imagine what Zimmerman would have been like if he were ever hired to be a policeman!

Old 06-24-2013, 09:38 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Do you care so little about your own life that you would let someone kill you, rather than use any means of self defense available to you to stop the attack?

Old 06-24-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Do you care so little about your own life that you would let someone kill you, rather than use any means of self defense available to you to stop the attack?
That didn't happen in this case.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:49 PM

1,137 posts, read 972,394 times
Quote:
So you should wait to be killed before defending yourself?

Old 06-24-2013, 09:51 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
You were in the AF, so forgive me if I dont give your opinions on CQB much credibility lol.

You do not shoot to maim. That is not debatable. The only people who think shooting to maim is a sound defense policy are those who are either wildly misinformed, or just outright stupid.

Center mass is what stops people. That is the largest target, and that is what you aim for.
In a case of combat or life threatening danger I would agree with you. Even the police are trainned to maim and kill if necessary. I think that your blood lust is getting the best of you.

Oh and btw, if you knew anything about the AF or the military in general you would know that we also have to go through small arms training. Zimmmerman killed him because he wanted and not because he had to. Like I said before, if he wanted the 150-160lb kid off of him he could have shot him anywhere consider how close he actually was to him.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:52 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
No Zimmerman should be found innocent of all charges. He was assaulted and defended himself. It is that simple. The DA's have turned this into a political circus. It is a shock to almost all when a person attacks you physically as most do not practice hand to hand combat weekly. So the folks defend themselves with whatever they have and with anyway they can.
Mmmm. Well, the facts in this case, or at least what passez for facts, confuze me more, daily. All I can really be certain of, is, Martin and Zimmerman got into it. It escalated, Martin is now deceased. Personally, I doubt I could ever be certain enough about this case to call who the "good guy" was here.

I won't make judgements based on either of their. skin color though. To much of that crap flying around. Martin could just as easily have been Hispanic, and Zimmerman black, and it would have gone down the same way.

I don't read a cold blooded killing here. This was a HOT situation. Anger and other undesirable emotions in play. Not at all the methodical stalk and kill many are claiming. Mostly people with zero experience in violent encounters, IMHO, are going for that bit.

Whatever the actual events were, leading up to lead flying , a cold blooded killing this was not. It was a meyley and mayhem. A heated exchange. There's a HUGE difference twixt cold blooded and this.

Them that can call this thus, have NO clue what a cold blooded killer is. Probably just as well. Some of the folks commenting on this would turn terminal bed wetter if they actually found iut what "cold blooded" actually means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies