Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 09:03 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
You can state that to a 100% certainty correct?
Yep. No DNA found.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:03 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Fortunately or unfortunately that's the way the coin flops now and then. Probably why the first States Attorney didn't file charges, and the Police allowed him to leave.

Life isn't always fair.
Yep, which is why this trial is a waste of time. The State isn't gonna be able to prove that he murdered him...unless they got some secret evidence. He's gonna get off...this whole thing is being done just to pacify people so that Sanford doesn't become known as the City Where We Kill Black Teens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yep. The girlfriend, who was talking to Trayvon on the phone, heard Trayvon ask Zimmerman, "why are you following me?" She did not hear Trayvon ask Zimmerman why he was getting into his truck.
I take that with a grain of salt too...my boyfriends dead and you killed him. I have a couple of cousins that fit Martins demographic and I KNOW that question would have been a lot more colorful than that. Not saying that it happened that way but again IF he did what motivation does she have to tell the truth?

Old 06-24-2013, 09:04 PM

1,137 posts, read 972,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
There is another scenario that no one can prove. Zimmerman could have thrown the first punch and missed and got caught with a counter punch which knocked him on his back thus hitting his head on some rocks. Look at the spacing on the back of his head, it does not look like someone bashed his head consistantly on the concrete. Even if what you said getting punched once does not mean that you need to shot someone in the chest point blank, why not the leg or arm? How about because a "You don't have to argue with a dead man"
Because you shoot to stop the threat, not to wound.

Again, another individual who doesnt know anything about firearms. Arms and legs are thin targets, and when the adrenaline kicks in and your fine motor skills go out the window, you shoot for the largest target that presents itself, which in most situations is a torso.

Imagine your scenario.....GZ tries to shoot TM in the arm or leg and misses. He is responsible for where that bullet goes, whether its into a dirt mound, or through some dry wall right into a babies crib.

Aim small, miss small. Aim big, hit big.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:04 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Can you imagine what Zimmerman would have been like if he were ever hired to be a policeman!
As a bouncer at a party he flung a woman across the room and got somewhat physical with a law enforcement officer at some point, so I can just imagine what tough guy would be like as a cop. Well, we need not worry about that thank heavens.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:05 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Your reasoning is that a man capable of preventing the kickback from a gun held at close range from hitting his face is not capable from defending himself from a couple band aide boo boos?
It takes about as much arm and wrist strength to counter the recoil of a 9mm handgun as it does to pick up a glass of water. I've watched several small-framed women shoot 9mms and guess what? Not one has had it come up and slap her in the face. Just what does "preventing kickback of a gun" have to do with using physical strength to counter a violent physical assault?

Old 06-24-2013, 09:06 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Yes, Trayvon had a right to defend himself, but in most states (I don't know exactly how Florida's law is written) the law requires a person to get away from danger if possible. Trayvon was out of danger at the point that George did not know where he was. If he was in hiding or at a distance from George he had no reason to get within range for a confrontation, unless he was looking for the confrontation.
That's pretty much it in a nutshell. He should have gone on into his daddy's baby momma's apartment, or whatever it was. Jeez, none of them have the same last name. Jacoby/Martin/Greene/Fulton.....

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Because you shoot to stop the threat, not to wound.

Again, another individual who doesnt know anything about firearms. Arms and legs are thin targets, and when the adrenaline kicks in and your fine motor skills go out the window, you shoot for the largest target that presents itself, which in most situations is a torso.

Imagine your scenario.....GZ tries to shoot TM in the arm or leg and misses. He is responsible for where that bullet goes, whether its into a dirt mound, or through some dry wall right into a babies crib.

Aim small, miss small. Aim big, hit big.
Let's get down to basics...would you have followed TM without verbally stating your reason for doing so? I cannot fathom why GZ did not just outright introduce himself and ask TM who he was and did he live in the area. This is key to the workings of a mind with delusions of grandeur. It would have been cut and dry and oh so damn simple.

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
As a bouncer at a party he flung a woman across the room and got somewhat physical with a law enforcement officer at some point, so I can just imagine what tough guy would be like as a cop. Well, we need not worry about that thank heavens.
He's not a nice guy. He turned off the electricity to his own mother's house, after she got into an argument with his then-fiance.

George Zimmerman Case's Newly Released Evidence Suggests No Racial Bias

Old 06-24-2013, 09:07 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Yep. The girlfriend, who was talking to Trayvon on the phone, heard Trayvon ask Zimmerman, "why are you following me?" She did not hear Trayvon ask Zimmerman why he was getting into his truck.
Dee's Dee will be an interesting witness and possibly hard to understand. I'm sure the defense is looking forward to cross examining her. Below is an excerpt from her interview with the Special Prosecutor, it contradicts Zimmerman's version that he was ambushed, didn't respond to Martin, and was sucker punched.

Dee Dee: And then he told me like the guy was getting close..like..and he told me the guy was getting real close to him. The next I hear, “What are you following me for?”
DLR: …and then you hear Trayvon saying something…
Dee Dee: Yeah.
BDLR: And what do you hear Trayvon saying?
Dee Dee: “Why you followin’ me for?”
BDLR: “Why you following me for?”
BDLR: And then what happened?
Dee Dee: I hear this, ya know, man… it wa’ like a ol’ man…
BDLR: OK.
Dee Dee: …say, ‘Wha’ you doin’ aroun’ here?
BDLR: OK, so you could definitely tell another voice that was not Trayvon’s.
Dee Dee: Yeah, yeah…
BDLR: And you heard this other voice say what?
Dee Dee: Yeah: “What are you doin’ aroun’ here?”
Dee Dee: And I call Trayvon…’Trayvon, wha’s goin’ on, whas goin’ on?’
BDLR: This is you saying that…
BDLR: OK.
Dee Dee: Then..I callin’ him…he didn’t answer.
BDLR: No answer from Trayvon.
Dee Dee: Yeah..and I hear, I hear a sound like “bump.” You cou’ hear that Trayvon bump…somebody bumped Trayvon, ’cause I could hear the grass.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:07 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
He strikes me as the type of cop wannabe we hear about from time to time who buys a retired police cruiser, fixes it up with lights, puts on a uniform picked up at a costume shop, and drives around looking for people to pull over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies