Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 08:51 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,342,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I, too have worked in an ER and witnessed pretty much everything. Since I didn't see or examine Zimm, I wouldn't begin to guess what his injuries were. No professional person would.

Ok, as a professional if you were there and he said that his head was banged against the concrete numerous times and he was punched in the face over 25 times, would'nt you insist that he be seen? There should have been enough blood to require stitches, he possibly should have been disoriented or at least woozy possibly from a mild or even major concussion. His nose which was intitally reported as being broken, would have put him in immense pain, possible heavy bleeding and difficulty speaking or made it hard for anyone to understand what he was saying. If you look at the first video of him going into the police station none of this occurred, come to think of it he had to be told to get medical attention. Now doe that sound like a severe beat down?

Exactly what is it Zimmerman is supposed to have said? I've seen a lot of mindless, empty headed speculation, but I don't recall seeing his words on this subject.

I'm not focusing on what he said, I was watching when he spoke to the officers at the station and they understood him perfectly. I was also watching his body language and he did not limp,flinch or show any other indication that he was in any real pain.

1,111 posts, read 1,737,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
Zimmerman says he was on the way back to the car. Zimmerman says Martin was out of his sight. Zimmerman says this. Zimmerman says that.

I mean really what does anyone expect him to say "yeah i ran up on the kid and poked my gun in his face"

I'm not saying the man is a liar but I'm sure he's not telling anyone anything that would make him look like some crazy racist stalker. If you say "Get your ass out of my face" and there's no witnesses it becomes "Get away from me"

The reason I think this trial is a waste of time is because it Zimmerman word against Martins and we all know Martin ain't talking. If what Zimmerman says is going to be considered factual information that should just close up camp and send everyone home.
Fortunately or unfortunately that's the way the coin flops now and then. Probably why the first States Attorney didn't file charges, and the Police allowed him to leave.

Life isn't always fair.

38,496 posts, read 25,865,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Have any proof GZ wasnt returning to his vehicle when he was confronted my TM?
Yep. The girlfriend, who was talking to Trayvon on the phone, heard Trayvon ask Zimmerman, "why are you following me?" She did not hear Trayvon ask Zimmerman why he was getting into his truck.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:52 PM

39,897 posts, read 26,578,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The most loony story is that cry baby Zimmerman feared for his life because he got a couple band aide boo boos.
So...if someone has overpowered you, is slamming your head into the ground, and punching you in the face, you're just going to lay there and take it, right? You wouldn't use any means at your disposal to stop a potentially deadly assault? Because that's just the way you are and you wouldn't want to risk hurting someone?

Short answer now is we don't know enough of what really happened. That's what the trial, evidence and testimony are for. Not just repeating every crazy internet rumor that you hear. Or every crazy story you can come up with.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:53 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,665,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
You all can not possibly be this dumb. The law is like this in every state. Read up on it, its not complicated.

Sent from my MZ617 using Tapatalk 2
I was joking.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:55 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,342,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
It could if the impact from the kickback of the gun on his nose caused force on his head such that his head hit the ground.

I was questioning how Trayvon could have caused small cuts to the back of Zimmerman's head without having Zimmerman's blood, skin, or DNA on his hands or under his nails.
With the type of force that is required to hold and slam someone's head repeatively to the ground it is impossible NOT to have any DNA on your fingers or hands. Trayvon should have at least had blood from squeezing zimmerman's head in his nails

Old 06-24-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So...if someone has overpowered you, is slamming your head into the ground, and punching you in the face, you're just going to lay there and take it, right? You wouldn't use any means at your disposal to stop a potentially deadly assault?

Short answer now is we don't know enough of what really happened. That's what the trial, evidence and testimony are for. Not just repeating every crazy internet rumor that you hear.
Your reasoning is that a man capable of preventing the kickback from a gun held at close range from hitting his face is not capable from defending himself from a couple band aide boo boos?

Old 06-24-2013, 08:57 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,826,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I'm not focusing on what he said, I was watching when he spoke to the officers at the station and they understood him perfectly. I was also watching his body language and he did not limp,flinch or show any other indication that he was in any real pain.
That was my conclusion as well. Especially when he bounced out of that police car at the station. He had no serious injuries. None.

27,625 posts, read 21,163,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So...if someone has overpowered you, is slamming your head into the ground, and punching you in the face, you're just going to lay there and take it, right? You wouldn't use any means at your disposal to stop a potentially deadly assault? Because that's just the way you are and you wouldn't want to risk hurting someone?

Short answer now is we don't know enough of what really happened. That's what the trial, evidence and testimony are for. Not just repeating every crazy internet rumor that you hear. Or every crazy story you can come up with.
I look at it this way...sadly and tragically a life was taken when it could have been avoided from the get go, but at least GZ will never be a "neighborhhod watch person" again. His delusions of being Charles Bronson have been dashed and he has been castrated in the vigilante department. All of that is a very good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
With the type of force that is required to hold and slam someone's head repeatively to the ground it is impossible NOT to have any DNA on your fingers or hands. Trayvon should have at least had blood from squeezing zimmerman's head in his nails
Agreed. Something is fishy with Zimmerman's story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies