Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 09:52 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,089,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Let's get down to basics...would you have followed TM without verbally stating your reason for doing so? I cannot fathom why GZ did not just outright introduce himself and ask TM who he was and did he live in the area. This is key to the workings of a mind with delusions of grandeur. It would have been cut and dry and oh so damn simple.
Apparently GZ was about to do that when he got coldcocked.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:52 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Do you care so little about your own life that you would let someone kill you, rather than use any means of self defense available to you to stop the attack?
Zimmerman had zero foresight. He's not bright, but he did not deserve to die and there is every possibility that Trayvon Martin never intended to kill him, just throw him a well deeserved beating for following him around and not making it clear that he was not just some bigotted white guy singling out a black kid.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:55 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
And your argument has zero legal validity.

You shoot to stop the threat. Which is why you shoot center mass, for a physiological, not a psychological stop. This is the most effective way to stop a threat.

You do otherwise, you set yourself up for a weak defense based on your inferred level of fear.

Trayvon was not a zombie hoard nor was he a large imposing figure. Judging from the injuries that zimmerman had it looked like he was punched in the nose once and fell. What you are saying does not necessarily apply to every situation.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:56 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Apparently GZ was about to do that when he got coldcocked.
What was apparent? How did you come to this conclusion that anything GZ did not do was somehow made apparent that he was going to do it?

Old 06-24-2013, 09:58 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Most people I know would not have handled a kid they did not recognize as if it were a case for 007 filled with intrigue. "Excuse me son, I'm the neighborhood watch person. Do you live here?, I'm just trying to keep the neighborhood safe for everyone that lives here and I did not recognize you. Oh, your visiting your dad? Fine have a good evening."

See how simple that was? He could have and should have done that. As for your last remark, it's rather repulsive. You did not know this 17 year old kid, but you have decided that he did not deserve to live and reach manhood. Really repulsive.
Well put.

6,046 posts, read 4,820,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
So you should wait to be killed before defending yourself?
This is about Zimmerman.

Zimmerman wasn't hurt. Feelings maybe, but physically? Nope.

He would not and did not even go to the doctor to be checked out.

He didn't have a broken nose, had a couple of scratches less than an inch long on his head (and was told just go home and wash with some soap and water).

An ex-bar bouncer, trained at a boxing gym. Yet his hands showed absolutely nothing of being in a fight.

He didn't even try a defense. Killing was his mode that night. Rather, murder.

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
No sense in being civil with someone who has demonstrated a complete lack of knowledge on numerous topics, but doesnt let her lack of knowledge get in the way of her breathtakingly stupid ideas.
Are you Zimmerman's brother?

Old 06-24-2013, 09:59 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,089,978 times
Quote:
You do not shoot to maim. That is not debatable. The only people who think shooting to maim is a sound defense policy are those who are either wildly misinformed, or just outright stupid.
Or Dead.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:00 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Are you Zimmerman's brother?
No Zimmerman's brother comes off as being more intelligent.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:02 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
In a case of combat or life threatening danger I would agree with you. Even the police are trainned to maim and kill if necessary. I think that your blood lust is getting the best of you.

Oh and btw, if you knew anything about the AF or the military in general you would know that we also have to go through small arms training. Zimmmerman killed him because he wanted and not because he had to. Like I said before, if he wanted the 150-160lb kid off of him he could have shot him anywhere consider how close he actually was to him.
Police are trained to STOP THE THREAT.

For the love of god, where do you get this stuff? Ask anyone who knows anything about the law, they will tell you, in a defensive situation with a firearm, you aim for center mass, always, period.

Look up studies on incapacitation by handguns. Reliance on a psychological stop is an absolutely horrible way to defend yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies