Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 06:41 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Did you watch the testimony yesterday?

You are absolutely incorrect. The 911 operator stated that he is not a sworn police officer and their orders are simply suggestions that limit liability. FYI.... the 911 operator turned out to be a good witness for the defense.

He also quashed the media narrative that the 911 operator told him to stay in his vehicle, which he never did.

Exactly. Yesterday's testimony finally squashed one of the Travonista's biggest memes of this whole case. And also demonstrated just how blatantly some MSM networks have lied about this case. CNN was repeating this lie as recently as last week.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:50 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,215,148 times
You can really tell the desperation when your argument changes from:

1) Zimmerman wasn't beaten at all, no pics (disproved)
2) Zimmerman injuries not that bad, look at the pics

The law is pretty black and white. If Zimmerman was in fear of his life (ie taking beating) then it is justified self defense.

Witness #6 stated that Zimmerman was mounted MMA style and getting ground and pounded. Then we have the pictures of Trayvons pants with grass stains all over the knee's, consistent with the witness testimony. Pretty clear here.

It is also a very good point that criminals do not call 911, waive their right to attorney and talk to the police, submit to lie detector's and re-enactments.... Yet at the same time many of the witnesses have "lawyered up".

Old 06-25-2013, 06:55 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Exactly. Yesterday's testimony finally squashed one of the Travonista's biggest memes of this whole case. And also demonstrated just how blatantly some MSM networks have lied about this case. CNN was repeating this lie as recently as last week.
And NBC is still showing the sweet, angelic picture.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:00 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,115 times
Quote:
Did you watch the testimony yesterday?

You are absolutely incorrect. The 911 operator stated that he is not a sworn police officer and their orders are simply suggestions that limit liability. FYI.... the 911 operator turned out to be a good witness for the defense.

He also quashed the media narrative that the 911 operator told him to stay in his vehicle, which he never did.

That's what George Zimmerman stated in his signed statement to police, not my words.

"The dispatcher told me not to follow the suspect and that an officer was en route".

Those are Zimmerman's words in his written narrative.

Also in his narrative was George's statement that he gave up looking for a street sign, and headed back to his truck. It was then that he stated Trayvon emerged from the darkness and asked him why he was following him.

Remember, this took place at the TEE, which is the intersection of the sidewalks. That's a fair distance from where the altercation took place. But it's also the spot where Zimmerman said he was punched in the face.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I thought he was doing a good job for the defense until he said he thought George saying, "f a-h, they always get away," sounded 'hostile'.
Not sure how anyone would interpret it any other way.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:14 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Not sure how anyone would interpret it any other way.
Frustrated, yes. Hostile? No.

I'm sure it gets tiresome and frustrating waiting for cops to do something in an area where crime is frequent. Calling them doesn't help.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Frustrated, yes. Hostile? No.

I'm sure it gets tiresome and frustrating waiting for cops to do something in an area where crime is frequent. Calling them doesn't help.
Language like that is understandable when discussing criminals, delivered in either hostile or frustrated form. I hold none of that against GZ, I probably would have been more hostile in my delivery

Personally, I think George was sick and tired of waiting, as his "frustrated" language showed. What this ultimately led him to do will never be known. His statements, his depiction of the crime scene and how it went down, really does not jive with the actual crime scene at all. This is why so many are reluctant to even discuss the evidence and his statements, but rather rely on second-hand and dated press materials.

I don;t mind being wrong, and if I am, I can easily admit to it and change my mind. I don;t think there is a racial element to this case, except what people make it out to be. Without making it a racial thing, perhaps many people discussing it would not be involved.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:43 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
You can really tell the desperation when your argument changes from:

1) Zimmerman wasn't beaten at all, no pics (disproved)
2) Zimmerman injuries not that bad, look at the pics

The law is pretty black and white. If Zimmerman was in fear of his life (ie taking beating) then it is justified self defense.

Witness #6 stated that Zimmerman was mounted MMA style and getting ground and pounded. Then we have the pictures of Trayvons pants with grass stains all over the knee's, consistent with the witness testimony. Pretty clear here.

It is also a very good point that criminals do not call 911, waive their right to attorney and talk to the police, submit to lie detector's and re-enactments.... Yet at the same time many of the witnesses have "lawyered up".

Witness 6 changed his story to say Trayvon was on top but NOT striking any blows. Yesterday the State said that in opening statement. Witness 6 CHANGED his story.

The question is whether or not Zimmerman was actually "BEATEN"...so far no evidence of a "BEATING" has been presented. Maybe you should wait until that issue is addressed by witnesses before you assume you have absolute knowledge about this. In your opinion is one punch to the nose, which DID NOT break the nose enough to be considered a "beating" so bad someone would be in fear for their life, especially when they had a gun and the person who punched did not?

Old 06-25-2013, 07:47 AM

George knew the street names fairly well. That dark night, he was near the clubhouse looking for a street sign. He had things pretty much in memory every time he called the police. Interesting to note how he learned to cut through some of the bull as he called more and more frequently. He should have had a direct line

Old 06-25-2013, 07:48 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Language like that is understandable when discussing criminals, delivered in either hostile or frustrated form. I hold none of that against GZ, I probably would have been more hostile in my delivery

Personally, I think George was sick and tired of waiting, as his "frustrated" language showed. What this ultimately led him to do will never be known. His statements, his depiction of the crime scene and how it went down, really does not jive with the actual crime scene at all. This is why so many are reluctant to even discuss the evidence and his statements, but rather rely on second-hand and dated press materials.

I don;t mind being wrong, and if I am, I can easily admit to it and change my mind. I don;t think there is a racial element to this case, except what people make it out to be. Without making it a racial thing, perhaps many people discussing it would not be involved.
Mr. Martin was not a criminal. It seems to be forgotten that Mr. Martin did nothing at all that night but walk to the store to buy pop and candy. So when Mr. Zimmerman assumed he was a criminal on drugs, and called him an a hole and a f-ing punk, he was talking about someone who had done nothing to deserve those labels at all. Mr. Zimmerman didn't see Mr. Martin break the law. He saw Mr. Martin walking around.

I don't know why people don't find it odd that upon seeing Mr. Martin walking Mr. Zimmerman felt he was a criminal, who was on drugs, who was a a hole and a f-ing punk.

Again, if one only looks at things through Mr. Zimmerman's eyes I guess that seeing a 17 year old teenager and thinking all of these ill thoughts about him is ok and normal, but viewed from Mr. Martin's perspective it means Mr. ZImmerman viewed him in a hostile manner and followed him aggressively for no reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies