Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 09:07 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Even if what you said getting punched once does not mean that you need to shot someone in the chest point blank, why not the leg or arm? How about because a "You don't have to argue with a dead man"
What's up with you guys and the lack of knowledge on self defense laws?

You shoot center mass, period, no ifs ands or buts.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:08 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Sorry Toyman, that didn't happen.
Did you learn that from a Gypsy fortune teller? Or an internet chat room?

Old 06-24-2013, 09:10 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That's pretty much it in a nutshell. He should have gone on into his daddy's baby momma's apartment, or whatever it was. Jeez, none of them have the same last name. Jacoby/Martin/Greene/Fulton.....
I hate when people use the "oh they have different last names" thing like it's some kind of indicator of what type of people they are. I wouldn't care if they had 60 people with 60 different last names it means nothing.

My brothers and I all have different last names; my older brother has my mom's last name because she had him before our parents were married; I have my dad last name because they were married by the time I came along and my younger brother has his dads last name because my mom remarried after my dad decided "hey this husband and kids thing isn't for me"....and guess what now that my stepfather has passed IF my mom gets married again she will have 3 kids and none of us will have her last name...why I'm surprised we're not out somewhere bathing in the rain or stealing beer from the liquor store

Old 06-24-2013, 09:10 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,899,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
I take that with a grain of salt too...my boyfriends dead and you killed him. I have a couple of cousins that fit Martins demographic and I KNOW that question would have been a lot more colorful than that. Not saying that it happened that way but again IF he did what motivation does she have to tell the truth?
So you take that is a gain of salt but not the conflicting story of the person that has the most to gain from lying?

Old 06-24-2013, 09:11 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Because you shoot to stop the threat, not to wound.

If you would shot a 150-160lb kid you don't htink that he would stop doing whatever he was doing? You really should not watch so many Clint Eastwood movies

Again, another individual who doesnt know anything about firearms. Arms and legs are thin targets, and when the adrenaline kicks in and your fine motor skills go out the window, you shoot for the largest target that presents itself, which in most situations is a torso.

Again, another individual who does not read what is already facts. Zimmerman was close enough to him to shot him in the earlobe. he shot Trayvon at close range, so why could'nt he have shot him in the leg or arm? He diliberately wanted him dead. Oh incidentally did 20 years in the military and I'm very aware of aiming for the largest part of the body, but what you failed to mention is that depends on the target's distance and the intentions of the shooter!

Imagine your scenario.....GZ tries to shoot TM in the arm or leg and misses. He is responsible for where that bullet goes, whether its into a dirt mound, or through some dry wall right into a babies crib.

Aim small, miss small. Aim big, hit big.

Once again if he could not have shot Trayvon anywhere else but in the heart at that distance, he had no right to have a gun in the first place.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:12 PM

1,137 posts, read 972,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Let's get down to basics...would you have followed TM without verbally stating your reason for doing so?
No, because I am not a nosy *****, nor am I a wannabe cop.

That being said, if I see someone that causes me to be suspicious, I would keep an eye on them until they are out of my sight. If they chose to engage me, or if I felt in fear of bodily harm or death, I wouldnt hesitate to drop the hammer on someone.

Being a wannabe cop isnt against the law.

Being a nosy ***** isnt against the law (though I believe it should be )

Walking through a subdivision keeping an eye on someone isnt illegal.

I believe GZ was just another wannabe cop retard, but his actions didnt cross the line into illegality.

I believe based upon the evidence that he was struck by TM at least twice.

I also believe that after being struck the first time, he was justified in doing whatever he needed to in order to stop the threat.

Lastly, I do not believe we as a nation are worse off without someone like TM in it.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:13 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
What's up with you guys and the lack of knowledge on self defense laws?

You shoot center mass, period, no ifs ands or buts.

Especially if you rather have him dead so that he cannot contest what really happened Like I mentioned to your freind Rambo, Trayvon was close enough to maim him in order to get him off of you (if that what happened in the first place)

Old 06-24-2013, 09:13 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
If it was broken he would have problem breathing as well as his speech would have been altered. I don't know why people keep saying that his nose was broken. Besides the pain would have been unbearable.
and there would have been blood coming out of his nostrils, not the top of his nose.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:14 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,088,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
How about the lack of Zimmerman's DNA on Trayvon's hands? Supposedly Trayvon was punching him, beating his head on the pavement, and holding his hand over Zimmerman's mouth and nose.

How about the fact that Zimmerman said he was on top of Trayvon by the time neighbours approached because he had mounted Trayvon and spread his arms wide because he thought Trayvon was still alive and he was trying to control him? Yet, a neighbour who took a photo before the police arrived showed that Trayvon's arms were covering his chest.
The report said there was no blood on Trayvon's hands - at all! Yet he had his hands on his chest(wound) lying face down in the grass. This is where the defense is getting at. They will show that the medical examiner and the police screwed up big time by failing to properly secure the crime scene. There was no way that Trayvon's hands could be free of blood - his own, at the very least. Either someone cleaned his hands off, or they were somehow wiped clean by accident. Someone's incompetence is likely being covered up.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:14 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,819,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
The creature I replied to stated that GZ shouldnt have acted since it was just "a couple band aide boo boos".

I'm curious to know if the creature would feel the same way if she was in a similar position.
Actually, his injuries didn't require any band aids.

You could respond a bit more civil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies