Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 08:43 PM

39,897 posts, read 26,578,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Obviously your misogyny is so STRONG that you cannot look at women's arguments in any objective manner. You may be a prime example of a Neanderthal.
It depends on the woman and the argument. Some of the ones the gals are coming up with on this thread are just plane loony. Funny as heck, but not exactly something you can take with a straight face.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:45 PM

1,137 posts, read 973,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...and to thnik that the entire tragedy could have been avoided if GZ stayed in his vehicle and waited for the police to arrive....and that's a fact! Zimmerman owns this.
Have any proof GZ wasnt returning to his vehicle when he was confronted my TM?

Old 06-24-2013, 08:45 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,397,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...and to thnik that the entire tragedy could have been avoided if GZ stayed in his vehicle and waited for the police to arrive....and that's a fact! Zimmerman owns this.
Apparently there are many people who would leave their cars on dark, rainy nights to follow someone who looks suspicious and like they're on something. At least that's what they're saying to try to minimize the fact that Zimmerman did exactly that.

Both sides are pulling out whoppers trying to prove a point in a fight that has nothing to do with them.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:46 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,100,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The people who are G. Zimmerman supporters can't see anything from Mr. Martin's perspective. They can't see that Mr. Zimmerman's actions might be alarming or cause fear from Mr. Martin.

See if someone viewed things from Mr. Martin's eyes, then Mr. Zimmerman's actions do look threatening. If someone views things through Mr. Martins eyes, then Mr. Martin has a right to self defense and to fight back and that doesn't automatically make him a murderous thug deserving of death.
Yes, Trayvon had a right to defend himself, but in most states (I don't know exactly how Florida's law is written) the law requires a person to get away from danger if possible. Trayvon was out of danger at the point that George did not know where he was. If he was in hiding or at a distance from George he had no reason to get within range for a confrontation, unless he was looking for the confrontation.

1,137 posts, read 973,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Since there was no blood from Zimmerman on Trayvon's hands, fingers, or clothes, I think it is a more likely scenario.
You clearly arent intelligent enough to make any determination as to what scenario is more plausible.

Your posts prove this.

6,137 posts, read 4,868,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
LOL. Let's hope you don't catch sight of someone's gun while you're at Target one day. They'd have to shoot you.
You all can not possibly be this dumb. The law is like this in every state. Read up on it, its not complicated.

Sent from my MZ617 using Tapatalk 2

10,942 posts, read 10,272,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Have any proof GZ wasnt returning to his vehicle when he was confronted my TM?
Do you have proof that he was?

Oh, I know.......he said he was.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:49 PM

39,897 posts, read 26,578,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Do you have proof that he was?

Oh, I know.......he said he was.
Innocent until proven guilty. It's up to the prosecution to prove that he wasn't.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:49 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,865,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It depends on the woman and the argument. Some of the ones the gals are coming up with on this thread are just plane loony. Funny as heck, but not exactly something you can take with a straight face.
The most loony story is that cry baby Zimmerman feared for his life because he got a couple band aide boo boos.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:50 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,868,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
First:
Title XLVI
CRIMES
Chapter 790
WEAPONS AND FIREARMS
View Entire Chapter [SIZE=-1]790.10 Improper exhibition of dangerous weapons or firearms.—If any person having or carrying any dirk, sword, sword cane, firearm, electric weapon or device, or other weapon shall, in the presence of one or more persons, exhibit the same in a rude, careless, angry, or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense, the person so offending shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
[/SIZE]

I stand corrected it isn't a felony it's only a misdemeanor

I have plainly stated here(at C-D) since the beginning that I have not taken any side in this matter. I have expressed my concern with the way the press and tv have handled it though, and the possible repercussions to the "Stand Your Ground" law.

I am happy to allow the jury to decide either way. Sadly bad things happen to a whole lot of people every day.

PS: I did have a post deleted(by the mods) in another thread where I called both of them(GZ and TM) dolts.
Actually, i dont know about fl specifically, but in many states, pointing as opposed to merely brandishing a firearm is assault with a deadly weapon or something similar. A felony

Anyone who knows anything about the law knows that you do NOT point a firearm unless you intend to use it. Such is an implicit admission that you were not in fear to the degree required to establish self defense, which will be used against you.

Sent from my MZ617 using Tapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies