Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 08:54 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Actually, it was OMara, and he brought up George's past during Jenna Lauer's testimony. And it was an incredibly smart move because it completely difused the prosecution.
Ah OMara then (I thought it was West questioning Rachel) . Not that smart. That likely gives the prosecutors the opportunity to bring up every ugly (and not so ugly) thing known in GZs life. Win the battle, lose the war.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:55 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,034,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
Here's the answer. This is how kids like Martin talk. I know this because my brother is just a little older than Martin. He and his friends probably say ni___ 80 times a day without even realizing. "This ni___!" "That ni____" "Yo ni___" "Hey ni____" "Ni__come on!" "This ni___ need to hurry up!" "I'm bout to leave this ni___"

They call the old Asian man at the gas station a ni___ and not think anything of it. I've actually heard them call Spongebob a ni___. I don't know if it's a generation thing or what, cause my brother is far from growing up in the streets but they seem to think ni___ is a pronoun.

As far as the cracker; yeah he said it. And he probably meant it as an insult considering the context of the sentence.
I dont get the fascination with the word in general. Its even worse when I hear white people or hispanic people call each other the n word. Its almost comical really but sad.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:58 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I don't for a minute believe this woman was born with a mental disability, that would be an insult to disabled people everywhere. This woman takes pride in her ignorance based on a few of her now deleted Tweets.
Never confuse bad, or even adolescent behavior with low intelligence. That girl is not, repeat NOT, Dumb. Her testimony is what it is, and so is her attitude. I've worked with countless people that are incredibly intelligent, and a real beach to work with due to their arrogance and insolent behavior.

Trust me, she's smarter than most of the posters here.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:58 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I dont get the fascination with the word in general. Its even worse when I hear white people or hispanic people call each other the n word. Its almost comical really but sad.
I never got the fascination. It's like when girls were running around calling each other "beyotch!"....it's not a term of endearment if when someone outside of the sister circle says it you're ready to fight. But in my experience, the fascination generally dies with age and the only ones who continue to use it are the ones who fit the description of the word or who profit from the word.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:59 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,034,806 times
It is cases like this that I wish there was irrefutable evidence as to what happened. Something concrete and proves without a doubt, who confronted who first, who started the physical altercation, when exactly was the trigger pulled. I dont think Martin or Zimmerman are terrible people, but not they arent great either. Its horrible that one is dead and the other could be in prison for most of his life. No matter how the trial goes, it cant undo the past.

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
I'd love to hear a phone conversation between Trayvon and Rachel.

That had to be some deep stimulating conversation.

14,888 posts, read 10,031,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
In other woeds conservatives support killers but liberals don't - I guess I'm a proud liberal!
I'm a conservative and I fully support justifiable killers. Some people just need killing. Whether or not Zimmerman was justifiable is still up for debate but there are plenty "killers" out there that deserve medals.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:01 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I'd love to hear a phone conversation between Trayvon and Rachel.

That had to be some deep stimulating conversation.
R: What you doing?

T: Leaving the store.

R:Oh.

T:So when you gone send me them pics? (cause that's what my brother & his friends ask every single girl they talk to)

(That's probably all you missed before the parts that you've already heard)

Old 06-27-2013, 09:02 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
So your theory is that Trayvon chased Zimmerman from Brandy's address?
If DeeDee is to be believed at all, even in the slightest, Trayvon was very near Brandy's house. I don't think George shot him there and dragged him to Jenna's house. Do you have any other ideas as to how Trayvon got to Jenna's back yard?

And George told dispatch that he didn't know where Trayvon had gone.

So yes, Trayvon followed, chased, stalked, walked, tippytoed, whatevered, back to find George and smash his face in.

If the shooting had occurred near Brandy's house, then I would say George followed Trayvon. But it didn't.

/case closed.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:02 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
If I hear convincing evidence that Zimmerman started the physical altercation I will change my mind. If there is any evidence that Martin started the physical altercation, then I couldnt elect to put Zimmerman away for half his life.

I dont think Zimmerman is this great guy. He isnt the brightest, but I am not at the point I believe he wasnt defending himself and that he started it.

It was very obvious to me from day one a year or so ago, the media and other big names were out to get this guy. It wasnt just that they wanted him arrested. Some even lied. Some called for his head. Some tweeted out addresses thinking it belonged to him or his family. To witness that on a national level, by the damn media and hollywood idiots was appalling to me. I didnt like the focus on race either. Papers like the NYT highlighting how Zimmerman just wasnt Hispanic, but he was a WHITE hispanic. The media is not supposed to do stuff like that, and its in no way helpful to society.

But I do apologize for throwing you in with some others. You probably dont belong in that group. At this point, we see the case differently. That could change. I understand your view point on it, but I am not there, at least not yet.
When this first happened I was accused of being a GZ supporter on another thread. Why? Because I refused to accept that TM was a child.
GZ took it upon himself to follow that young man around at night.... He is a moron walking around with a gun with a round in the pipe, external safety in the fire position gun in his waist band..
He is an obvious wannabe super trooper.
Do I think GZ was afraid for his life? He was a wuss and wusses are always afraid. I don't believe he got out of his car intending to shoot anyone. I think things escalated and he shot TM. Had he not had his gun chances are he would have taken a thumping and TM would have been arrested for assault.
We keep hearing that all TM had to do was run home. Why should he have had to? Why didn't GZ do as he was trained?
So many whys.
I doubt GZ will be convicted. I believe reasonable doubt exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies