Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 08:13 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I am not arguing the veracity of her testimony. I am agreeing that the way she presented herself was very poor. It could be the prosecution prepared her poorly and she felt ambushed, or trapped. I wonder the same thing when I watch professional athletes, college grads and they can't form a complete sentence.
Her attitude towards the lawyer? Respect is a 2 way street. He showed little and she gave him little. I was hoping to see her do a celebrity death match on him.
He was awful. I thought for sure the prosecution would object when he asked her if she understood English. I think that's bullying the witness.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:14 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
There will be more craziness as we go. Ive maintained that no all white jury is going to convinct Zimmerman from day one, regardless of what they find.

Im content that I'll never hear or see George Zimmerman again after this trial. He'll have to go witness protection or live as a complete hermit.
True. I really don't think he is going to make it anywhere regardless of the court decision.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:14 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Considering he made a snap decision based on seeing a young man walking down the street and then made the situation worse by chasing the kid all over the neighborhood, there is a good reason why cops don't want guys like Zimmerman getting involved.
There are people that are more interested in the outcome of this case simply because they feel like thry might lose that right to continue with that type of behavior. There are others that look at this case historically and memories come to mind of the public lynching that occurred with the help of law enforcement and are afraid that they might return.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:16 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It tells me you live in a lily white neighborhood and you can make statistics lie ?

2 white kids throw eggs and that's the crime spree for the year ?
I hate to bring this up at such a time. But yes, I'm a black man that lives in a mostly (75%) white neighborhood.

But no, statistics don't lie. Figures don't lie, bit liars figure.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:17 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Have you ever been grilled by a lawyer asking you the same questions that you already know that he had the answers to? How about for 5 hours straight? How about that you never been in a courtroom with so many people and cameras on you and they hang on to every word that you say?
Ok, lets just add the fact that you are 19 years old and you heard that your friend was killed over the phone.
19? At 19 I was serving my country. Lives depended upon my decision making and the decisions made by others who were 19. Her friend's death is old news.
Have I ever been grilled by a lawyer? Yes and I have also been shot at and shot.
I can understand her trepidation. I struggle with her communication skills for someone who is 19.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:17 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Im content that I'll never hear or see George Zimmerman again after this trial. He'll have to go witness protection or live as a complete hermit.
I said that from the get go. Everyone is so emotionally invested in this (although I don't know why since they don't know anyone involved) but at the end of the day there will be no winners here.

Martin will still be dead and Zimmerman is not going back to whatever life he had before. I think it's safe to say his dreams of being a cop are pretty much up in smoke at this point; hell he might not even be able to be on the NW anymore. If he's not convicted (and I don't think he will be) he will have to watch his back constantly so some crazy whackjob doesn't come and attack him. What company is going to hire him right on the heels of this trial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
She was born in Miami and went to English-speaking schools. I assume her friends speak mainly English, not creole. The First 48 is in English, as are her tweets and messages. Though her mother's 1st language is creole, it is My Opinion Rachel would be insulted by people who think they are defending her by saying English isn't her 1st language.
Being born in Miami doesn't matter if everyone in your house (or at least your parents) are speaking another language. Haven't you ever seen the mothers out with their kids and the kid has to translate because the mother speaks poor English? Usually those kids either learn their parents language first or they learn them both at the same time.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:18 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
If I was a cop I would be concerned about a wanna be like GZ making the situation worse.
Sure you would.

1,209 posts, read 1,036,893 times
Quote:
There will be more craziness as we go. Ive maintained that no all white jury is going to convinct Zimmerman from day one, regardless of what they find.

Better stay away from FOX Spews then, I'd bet dollars to donuts that if he walks he will show up either on O'Reilly or Hannity's show.

226 posts, read 230,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
It tells me that in that neighborhood, there is a lot of crime committed by blacks. In my neighborhood, the vast majority of crime is committed by whites.

What does that tell you?
Are you in a black neighborhood?

Old 06-27-2013, 08:20 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
19? At 19 I was serving my country. Lives depended upon my decision making and the decisions made by others who were 19. Her friend's death is old news.
Have I ever been grilled by a lawyer? Yes and I have also been shot at and shot.
I can understand her trepidation. I struggle with her communication skills for someone who is 19.

Different time, place and person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies