Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 08:20 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,083,605 times

Advertisements

A witness for the prosecution. A 19 year old, born in Miami, high school senior, can't read what she says she wrote. And when she spoke, the only word I could understand her saying was 'SIR'.
'Your tax dollars at work'.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:21 PM

226 posts, read 230,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post

Im content that I'll never hear or see George Zimmerman again after this trial. He'll have to go witness protection or live as a complete hermit.
If Casey Anthony can do it, so can Zimmerman.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:22 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
Martin will still be dead and Zimmerman is not going back to whatever life he had before. I think it's safe to say his dreams of being a cop are pretty much up in smoke at this point; hell he might not even be able to be on the NW anymore. If he's not convicted (and I don't think he will be) he will have to watch his back constantly so some crazy whackjob doesn't come and attack him. What company is going to hire him right on the heels of this trial?
He might make a living selling interviews to TV or some type of movie / book rights.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:22 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
19? At 19 I was serving my country. Lives depended upon my decision making and the decisions made by others who were 19. Her friend's death is old news.
Have I ever been grilled by a lawyer? Yes and I have also been shot at and shot.
I can understand her trepidation. I struggle with her communication skills for someone who is 19.
Getting shot sucks.. Burns like fire...

Old 06-27-2013, 08:23 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,790 times
Doesnt give her the right to lie, embellish and misrepresent her testimony. Very unlikeable witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Have you ever been grilled by a lawyer asking you the same questions that you already know that he had the answers to? How about for 5 hours straight? How about that you never been in a courtroom with so many people and cameras on you and they hang on to every word that you say?
Ok, lets just add the fact that you are 19 years old and you heard that your friend was killed over the phone.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:23 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
There are people that are more interested in the outcome of this case simply because they feel like thry might lose that right to continue with that type of behavior. There are others that look at this case historically and memories come to mind of the public lynching that occurred with the help of law enforcement and are afraid that they might return.
Correct. You have 2 hard core sides in this.
1. TM was a saint killed before his time.
2. GZ is the best thing since John Wayne and he is America's greatest hero.
I see 2 wannabe's. 1 had a gun and a hothead.
1 had a can of Iced tea and too much testosterone.
What I find beyond bizzaro is the idea that anyone can justify harassing a man for walking down the street.
GZ followed, he pursued he pushed the events.
No one likes to be followed and certainly no one likes to have a stranger stalking them through the streets.
I don't know why GZ shot the kid. I can understand why the kid punched him in the face.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:24 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
There are people that are more interested in the outcome of this case simply because they feel like thry might lose that right to continue with that type of behavior. There are others that look at this case historically and memories come to mind of the public lynching that occurred with the help of law enforcement and are afraid that they might return.
So what you're saying is some live in the future while others live in the past. At what point does the past just become the past?
Public lynching returning? You mean for black people?
Please tell me you're attempting to be funny.

That's like saying you're afraid burning witches at the stake may return.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:26 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
Quote:
Have you ever been grilled by a lawyer asking you the same questions that you already know that he had the answers to? How about for 5 hours straight? How about that you never been in a courtroom with so many people and cameras on you and they hang on to every word that you say?
Ok, lets just add the fact that you are 19 years old and you heard that your friend was killed over the phone.

I've seen plenty of kids testify, younger than her. That attitude of hers I've not witnessed too often. You people need to quit excusing her just because your certain of Z's guilt.

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Different time, place and person.
Obviously a different quality of education as well.

226 posts, read 230,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
I said that from the get go. Everyone is so emotionally invested in this (although I don't know why since they don't know anyone involved) but at the end of the day there will be no winners here.

Martin will still be dead and Zimmerman is not going back to whatever life he had before. I think it's safe to say his dreams of being a cop are pretty much up in smoke at this point; hell he might not even be able to be on the NW anymore. If he's not convicted (and I don't think he will be) he will have to watch his back constantly so some crazy whackjob doesn't come and attack him. What company is going to hire him right on the heels of this trial?

If he walks and his lawsuit against NBC is victorious, he might not have to work again. He can move to the northwest to Montana, Idaho or Wyoming and live a simple life void of African American's in that part of the region.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies