Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 11:11 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,606,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
This is the modern GOP base, folks, on display in this thread. Fearful, cowardly, racist filth. I don't know how else you could describe them.
I will say that most GOPers don't like these type of members and would rather kick them out but they rather stay quiet about them because they need all the GOPers they can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 11:14 AM

73,062 posts, read 62,670,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Exactly. Look at the clowns that responded my suggestion that we spend money to give these kids something to do. All the responses boil down to "I don't want to do anything but complain." These are the same backwoods people that have been against any & every directive that helps minorities b/c it gives them an avenue for upward mobility b/c then they don't have a boogeyman to point to.

I haven't read through this thread, but has anyone pointed out these examples White civility?

England Football Hooligans - Euro 2000 Riot - YouTube

ENGLISH HOOLIGANS FIGHT GERMANS !!! - YouTube

Panorama - England hooligans at Euro 2000 Belgium - YouTube

Crazy Russian Gang Fight - YouTube

Crazy Russian Gang fight - YouTube

mass gang fight in russian projects -- Yu-Gi-Oh! - YouTube
I've seen some of these videos. Quite frightening. I have wanted to do some traveling overseas. One place I would be afraid of going to are soccer games and certain bars. I don't want to be around that kind of violence. England, it would be easier to avoid such violence. However, I would be alot more frightened of what goes on in Russia, especially being Black.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piwacket View Post
At least with their pants hanging down to their knees, good people can run faster as they do not have to hold their crotch like some idiot fool.
Why does it matter? Stupid behavior is stupid behavior no matter how the person is dressed.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:16 AM

30,078 posts, read 18,686,783 times
Quote:
So would you support gov't spending in those areas to give kids who have no summer job prospects something to do other than brawl in the mall?
No

I would ask that the parents raise their children better, emphasize the importance of education, and discipline thier children to not commit crimes.

Why is the liberal answer always to throw money at something and deny personal responsibility?

Old 06-27-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Soccer hooliganism is not rare. Countries have even banned specific country's supporters from traveling to some international games.

Likewise all-white gangs of Eastern Europeans run wild in many of the former Soviet-satellite states.

And don't even get me started on the Russian gangs that regularly attack African immigrants in the streets.
It has reached a point where in England, newspapers were banned from certain stadiums. The reason was that soccer hooligans would take the newspapers, and roll them tight enough that if you hit someone with it, bones could be broken.

And I know about the gangs in Russia, particularly the Neo-Nazis.

The questions are this. Why did there so many soccer hooligans, why do they enjoy getting into such violence, and what can be done to keep this from happening?

Same questions apply to Neo-Nazis in Russia. The even sadder irony is this. Russia lost more people to the Nazi army than any other nation. It would be a disgrace to take up Nazism. Knowing all of this, why would some youths in Russia want to get involved in such crap, and how can this be stopped? I'm particularly concerned because I've always wanted to travel to Russia. I'm scared to do so because of the violence and Blacks being attacked in the streets of Moscow and St. Petersburg.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:25 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,083,239 times
Quote:
Why are you using the same argument that racists opposed to desegregation and anti-discrimination laws used? That's might racist of you...
So believing that black people do not need help to succeed is racist? I didn't need your help to succeed, so I guess all of us incapable black people that do not use your help and still succeed are flukes?

Old 06-27-2013, 11:29 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,817,470 times
Teen age males are jerks and always have been jerks. Stadium riots have been around before stadiums were invented. Race is irrelevant. The important factors are young, male and alcohol content. This is why I stay away from these places.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:55 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,118,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
No

I would ask that the parents raise their children better, emphasize the importance of education, and discipline thier children to not commit crimes.

Why is the liberal answer always to throw money at something and deny personal responsibility?
So as a society should do nothing for people who have no choice into the environment they're born into? In your mind, you've just laid out where the problem is -- the parents. They failed, so according to you, eff the children if they can't make it on their own...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
So believing that black people do not need help to succeed is racist? I didn't need your help to succeed, so I guess all of us incapable black people that do not use your help and still succeed are flukes?
No I'm saying doing something for AT RISK kids is better than doing nothing and complaining about the trouble they get into. But then again, I actually care about fixing problems in society.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:20 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,083,239 times
Quote:
So as a society should do nothing for people who have no choice into the environment they're born into? In your mind, you've just laid out where the problem is -- the parents. They failed, so according to you, eff the children if they can't make it on their own...

No I'm saying doing something for AT RISK kids is better than doing nothing and complaining about the trouble they get into. But then again, I actually care about fixing problems in society.
money for programs and more programs don't work, they havent been working. Fixing these problems take not programs, but people becoming pro-active and doing things like mentoring or showing these kids a different route. You say you care about fixing the problems, but like most people like you, it usually means, throw money at the problem, because you do not want to take the time to actually get involved.

If you truly want to help, go and help personally, there are many programs in most of these areas that always need volunteers to help. I can name quite a few on the south side you could help at if you truly cared.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:24 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,123,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stAmendment1st View Post

Mob of Over 200 Teenagers Rampage Through Lauderhill Mall in Florida - YouTube

It's been a pretty quiet year so far in terms of black youth...excuse me..."Urban Youth" mobs destroying large swaths of city infrastructure.

Or perhaps the media isn't reporting on all of them. lol

Google is your friend. See link below.

Two People at Lauderhill Mall Transported to Hospital With Minor Injuries | NBC 6 South Florida

It was the result of some social media message.

And, of course, the usual suspects chime in their racial stereotypes. How very surprising, and sad...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies