Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 01:08 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,073,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Says the guy who created an entirely fictitious narrative of TM wanting to commit murder? Really?
What do you call pounding someone's head into concrete?

Quote:
And you still have a post that doesn't make sense to explain to me.
Dee Dee testified that he was almost home or at the back porch. He could have simply walked inside the townhouse. Is that what you're referring to?

Old 07-14-2013, 01:08 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,947,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I don't believe his injuries were severe enough to fear grave harm.

There are many examples available on the net showing one punch has killed people..

I don't believe his head was being pounded when he shot Trayvon. Travyon's body being in the grass supports my position on this.

If death was instantanious, and Martin fell on Zimmerman, how was Zimmerman to get Martin off of him without moving him?
Second point, if death was not instantanious, who is to say that Martin Didn't spring upwards after being shot and then stumble down to the grass?

I believe Trayvon had a right to defend himself from a perceived threat.

You say Martin had a right to defend himself, but you basically argue that Zimmerman didn't have that same right..

Old 07-14-2013, 01:09 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,215,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
What about a citizen's arrest?
Oh, boy. Are you really advocating for this in our society? Do you think it's okay to perform a citizen's arrest on someone not committing a crime?

Old 07-14-2013, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Zimmerman didn't intiate anything. Zimmerman was under no obligation to identify himself as neighborhood watch or the ice cream man. Just like Martin. Martin had no obligation to identify himself to Zimmerman. Martin was under no obligation to Zimmerman to do anything.

The whole crux of this case rests on the fact that Martin had no legal right to attack Zimmerman. He did. He suffered the consequences of his actions.
Zimmerman initiated the entire turn of events, by exiting his vehicle. No good could come from doing that.

There is no proof that Martin started the attack (only that he bested him in the physical confrontation).

Old 07-14-2013, 01:11 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,280,517 times
Quote:
Oh, boy. Are you really advocating for this in our society? Do you think it's okay to perform a citizen's arrest on someone not committing a crime?
Is burglary not a crime anymore?

Quote:
It's not his job to "catch" anyone. You wait for the police to apprehend a suspect. Let's say Trayvon was the burglar they'd all been looking for. Zimmerman had no authority to detain/arrest him, so just stand back and let the cops do their work.

re: the gun. That is so silly, I can't even...

From your final standpoint, I can see there's no having a reasonable discussion with you...

Old 07-14-2013, 01:11 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,563,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
I hadn't paid much attention to the OJ trial, which was before the popularity of the Internet. However, I do remember talking to a (white) guy I used to know who was an actual criminal prosecutor who had paid attention to the trial he said that he thought OJ was innocent. I took his word for it for since I respect his judgment.
I'm Black and believed that OJ wasn't "innocent." But he was found "not guilty."

A lot of White people were in complete disbelief that OJ wasn't convicted and called the predominantly Black jury "stupid" and "uneducated" for that verdict. Somehow I believe that this nearly all White jury in the Zimmerman case will be spared those nasty labels

Old 07-14-2013, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
No, those crimes are gang related. Gangs are symptomatic of poverty and cultural distress. If it isn't the drug trade, it would be something else.

Gang members aren't suddenly going to become law-abiding, productive citizens simply because narcotics and other illicit substances suddenly become legal.
You are dead wrong. Absolutely dead wrong.

And just to help you out: Gangs have turf wars. What turf? Turf over where they sell drugs.

It's clear you don't want solutions. You just want to believe blacks are depraved people incapable of ever doing good. Have at it.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:14 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,947,885 times
[quote=ChocLot;30474471]Zimmerman initiated the entire turn of events, by exiting his vehicle. No good could come from doing that.

Was departing his vehicle a criminal offense?

There is no proof that Martin started the attack (only that he bested him in the physical confrontation).[/quote]

Why is it that whenever it refers to Zimmerman, you want proof, but when it refers to Martin, you are willing to accept supposition??

Old 07-14-2013, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
All sorts of stuff that wasn't allowed in the trial suggested that Martin himself wasn't as clean as the wind-driven snow. He had a history of fighting. He had stolen property from a burglary in his possession. According to some of the messages recovered from his cell phone, he may have even been trying to procure a gun illegally.
-Fighting is fairly common among teen boys of all races. Please don't plead ignorant to this.
-The property was never proven as stolen. The police had no proof that the items were reported as stolen.
-"May have even been"? I won't tarnish his character based on what someone thinks he was trying to do because of his text messages. Do you have any idea what teens text these days that is nothing but just talk?

Old 07-14-2013, 01:16 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,073,884 times
Dee Dee's testimony that Trayvon made it home:

Change of Subject: The state's star witness testifies against George Zimmerman
Quote:
While being questioned about what was happening, Trayvon said that "n---- is now following him."

Jeantel said she told Trayvon to run, but he said he was near his father's girlfriend's house.

Trayvon then told her he was going "to run from the back, then I started hearing wind then the phone just shut off," she testified.

She said she called Trayvon back, and he answered.

She was able to start talking to him on the phone. "I asked him where he at, and he told me he at the back of his daddy fiancee house."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies