Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 02:19 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,122,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I agree that drugs should be legalized, but for different reasons and I don't want to stray too far from the thread topic. I'm just saying that while it may possibly curve some of the violence, the gangs will still be there and will still be violent. They will simply change their focus.. To include the old game of protectionism as well as what I have mentioned before... If you really look objectionably, I think you will find that most of us are not that far removed from one another on issues, we are simply splitting hairs and it is driving a wedge between us... The government benefits from all the distention.. (Both republican and democrat) and try to keep the fires smoldering between us. Most of our problems are NOT about race in this country... I am even of a smaller minority than you......
I gave you the info you asked for.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:20 AM

470 posts, read 1,163,681 times
The guy was an idiot (Zimmerman), should have never even got to this point if he had listened to dispatch.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareWheel View Post
So, how about cleaning up those neighborhoods that used to be nice until some people messed them up? As opposed to following white flight out to the suburbs, them back into the 'gentrified' ghettos and back...

People could start with Bham, which used to be nice, Detroit, Cincinnati, St Louis...
What does this have to do w/ anything? Was there a wave of Blacks killing people and walking away w/o being arrested? No? Then grow up?

Old 07-14-2013, 02:23 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,919,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Seriously? OK; now you're being intellectually dishonest. I'm done.
I think the only one being dishonest is you. Not even intellectually...just overtly dishonest.

Why does this isolated incident have you so up in arms? Why would you argue it to this length? At first, you were upset that he wasn't arrested...and, perhaps, justifiably... Then fast forward almost two years later...he goes through the whole judicial process and there was nothing that could convict the man. There was no smoking gun for the allegations. There was no extensive eye witness. There were inconsistencies from both sides.

But if you understand the justice system...it is designed so the prosecution must prove beyond reasonabke doubt that the defendant is guilty as charged...this is to protect wrongful incarceration! If it was the inverse, it would be a penal system away from mob lynchings or burning at the stakes

BEYOND reasonable doubt...

Old 07-14-2013, 02:24 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,072,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
What evidence? All there is is GZ word about how the confrontation started. That's it. You've decided that the guy who stalked TM & ignored police direction suddenly became the pacifist. Why? Why is GZ's story so undeniable to you, especially in the face of BOTH people's actions before?
Believe what you want to believe, I guess. Trayvon wasn't the one with the broken nose. He didn't have any signs of attack on him at all. If that makes you feel better about your racial identity and assists you in blaming big bad Whitey for all of the black community's self-inflicted problems, then so be it.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:25 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,946,355 times
Quote:
What evidence? All there is is GZ word about how the confrontation started. That's it. You've decided that the guy who stalked TM & ignored police direction suddenly became the pacifist. Why? Why is GZ's story so undeniable to you, especially in the face of BOTH people's actions before?
You keep saying that Zimmerman ignored police direction... He did not... He ignored a civilian dispatchers direction who is NOT a police officer. The trial is over.. The evidence has been heard and we are continuing to move negatively.... It's time to move ahead.. Sorry, but I'm getting tired of argueing the same points over and over...

Old 07-14-2013, 02:27 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,214,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I think the only one being dishonest is you. Not even intellectually...just overtly dishonest.

Why does this isolated incident have you so up in arms? Why would you argue it to this length? At first, you were upset that he wasn't arrested...and, perhaps, justifiably... Then fast forward almost two years later...he goes through the whole judicial process and there was nothing that could convict the man. There was no smoking gun for the allegations. There was no extensive eye witness. There were inconsistencies from both sides.

But if you understand the justice system...it is designed so the prosecution must prove beyond reasonabke doubt that the defendant is guilty as charged...this is to protect wrongful incarceration! If it was the inverse, it would be a penal system away from mob lynchings or burning at the stakes

Did you even follow that conversation or did you just jump right in with this BS?

I have said that I don't believe Zimmerman was guilty of second degree murder. I do think he should've been found guilty of manslaughter *because his actions caused this confrontation to take place*.

8,091 posts, read 5,919,935 times
Quote:
Maybe if you actually listened to what she said you'd actually learn something. Her point was that Black parents move into nice neighborhoods to escape violence. With GZ acquittal, it shows that there may not be a place for Blacks to escape violence. All of you defending GZ are proving her point. Nothing that TM could have done would have saved him, according to most of you b/c GZ was right to profile him, and right to shoot him when TM defended himself.
What? "Black people cannot escaped themselves" would have made much more sense than what you just laid out.

What is "Neighborhood Watch"?? What are they supposed to do? Please tell me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post

If that was the end of the GZ defense, there would be SIGNIFICANTLY less outcry. The problem is how an innocent Black teen had his name & family dragged through the mud in order to create the narrative of a thug who deserved to die. The GZ supporters started it. His defense team saw its momentum and picked it up. And all the while, despite evidence to the contrary, GZ supporters chose to believe these made up narratives b/c they conform to their views of Blacks.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:28 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,434,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
Believe what you want to believe, I guess. Trayvon wasn't the one with the broken nose. He didn't have any signs of attack on him at all. If that makes you feel better about your racial identity and assists you in blaming big bad Whitey for all of the black community's self-inflicted problems, then so be it.
One can start a confrontation and end up flat on their back, without touching a hair on the guy they were going after.

Zimmerman Fanboys act like this is an impossibility. It isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies