Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 11:40 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,636,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Here we go again. Another lame non-parallel to TM/GZ. Still reading from the same script are we?

The guy was arrested and will be tried. Get back to me if he's acquitted.
how is it not parallel? are you claiming GZ was not arrested and tried?

and thanks for not treating us to yet another insipid jpeg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 11:41 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,217,702 times
Quote:
Here we go again. Another lame non-parallel to TM/GZ. Still reading from the same script are we?

The guy was arrested and will be tried. Get back to me if he's acquitted.
Unlike Zimmerman, it looks like this guy will be convicted.

So what again are the protests for????????

Old 08-13-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Unlike Zimmerman, it looks like this guy will be convicted.

So what again are the protests for????????
what protests, savoir???????????

Old 08-13-2013, 11:45 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,134,618 times
It looks as if this is a stand-your-ground issue, at least that's what the shooter is claiming.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...tin/55208980/1

Quote:

The statute can be used and distorted by hard-core criminals or someone who
has committed a crime," she says. "Most times, someone will get arrested if the
other person does not die. … It's ironic. If someone dies, the other person is
less likely to get arrested."
Now do you folks see the problem with stand your ground?

Old 08-13-2013, 11:46 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,122,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Ah, how many rallies and protests happened after Zimmerman was arrested and tried?

What were they protesting? That he was in jail?

The silence has nothing to do with the fact that Cordell Jude is black and his victim is Hispanic...no, of course not....
Maybe if all their energy wasn't spent defending TM's character from people like you, there would have been time?

Or maybe if people started claiming that the victim deserved what he had coming?

Or maybe if this incident was another example of how society views Black males as threats until proven innocent.

Or maybe b/c this case, like THOUSANDS OF OTHER MURDER CASES that never get national attention, is about nothing more than an a-hole who murdered an innocent person in cold blood?

Old 08-13-2013, 11:46 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,217,702 times
Quote:
It looks as if this is a stand-your-ground issue, at least that's what the shooter is claiming.

Now do you folks see the problem with stand your ground?
They only have a problem with stand your ground when Black guys use it.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:49 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,160,432 times
Quote:
This really irks the hell out of me:

A mentally disabled Hispanic man is shot and killed by a black man at a Taco Bell. The black man, who we now know is named Cornell Jude, was driving his car and he claimed Adkins swung at him. Now, he could easily have pulled off and driven away or just got out the car and fought him, fist to fist, man to man. Instead, he pulled out a gun and shot a man who was only armed with his dog whom he was taking for a walk.

And guess what? The black man who shot him was not charged with any crime.

Where the hell is the media circus? Where was reverend Al's fat rump? Where was George W Obama saying "he could have been my son"

Daniel Adkins' killer claims self-defense: Unarmed man shot, killed outside Arizona Taco Bell - Chicago News Report | Chicago News Blogs | Chicago Crime | News Blotter

Just look at this petition written by a member of his family: you can hear the pain in her. And less than two thousand people signed it.

http://www.change.org/petitions/just...-daniel-adkins

So, without calling me "self hating" because I'm angry that an innocent man got shot by a thug, tell me why you aren't rallying and flipping out over this?

And before you say "what are you gonna do about it", I'll have you know that I'm actually in the process of making some fliers about this guy and maybe getting some people together to try to do something, even if the local blacks accuse me of being "racist"
People like you seem to either intentionally or otherwise, miss the point. First any murder is a tragedy. But what your post ignores ( either out of ignorance, racism or manipulation to sway people to your view) is the whole point.....black people are TREATED DIFERENTLY THAN WHITE PEOPLE BY THE JUSTICE SYSTEM. Why are you asking why he didnt resort to only using his fists since you refuse to apply that same solution to what zimmerpig should have done? Gzs weight the night of Trayvons murder was 204 lbs and Tms weight was only 150. Gz was a grown man and Tm had just finished his 16th yr of life.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:51 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,134,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how is it not parallel? are you claiming GZ was not arrested and tried?

and thanks for not treating us to yet another insipid jpeg

Caught me before I deleted. Oh well.

It has nada to do with GZ and TM because, as it has been noted ad nauseum by SYG supporters, GZ did not claim SYG as his defense. The shooter, in this case, did, and according to him, Adkins swung something at him, and threatened to do it again before he was shot.

The dark side of SYG. Did anyone think, as they were writing this stupid law, that criminals could also use it? nahhhhh.

And I like those jpegs. It saves me explaining how stupid I think some of these threads are. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what protests, savoir???????????
savvy apparently ran for the hills on this one. go figure.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:53 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,440,408 times
Quote:
This really irks the hell out of me:

A mentally disabled Hispanic man is shot and killed by a black man at a Taco Bell. The black man, who we now know is named Cornell Jude, was driving his car and he claimed Adkins swung at him. Now, he could easily have pulled off and driven away or just got out the car and fought him, fist to fist, man to man. Instead, he pulled out a gun and shot a man who was only armed with his dog whom he was taking for a walk.

And guess what? The black man who shot him was not charged with any crime.
I would really ask why you care so much? What is the ire? Do you feel disenfranchised by media's choice in objects of entertainment (er news)?

but i'm afraid that I can't get riled up or care everytime some random idiots shoots another guy.

It happens wayyyyy to often for the media to sensationalize every case. Obviously this one is missing the "cool" components that made the zimmerman so alluring
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies