Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve of the Tea Party and associated individuals?
I approve 92 53.18%
I disapprove 81 46.82%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 07:31 PM

742 posts, read 678,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Since we did one for Obama, let's do one for the Tea Party and supporting elements (such as Michelle Bachmann, Rick Perry, Rush Limbaugh, etc.)
I approve the original Tea Party an those Tea Partiers, NOT the people you mentioned you have highjacked it, which includes Palin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 01:20 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
If the Tea Party wasn't a bunch of hypocrites, I think they would be a wonderful counter to big spending liberals.

Seeing that they care more about what happens in our bedroom and our social mores, they are really an insult to the original Tea Party.
https://www.teapartypatriots.org/ourvision/

I never knew the TEA Party was so involved in what you do in your bedroom... oh wait, they couldn't care less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeking View Post
I approve the original Tea Party an those Tea Partiers, NOT the people you mentioned you have highjacked it, which includes Palin.
If only moderate liberals could be honest enough to admit their party has been hijacked by progressives.

Old 05-20-2015, 04:16 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,052,654 times
Do I support them?

Only for comedy reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPMjC9mq5Y

Old 05-20-2015, 06:44 AM

30,379 posts, read 19,184,321 times
at least they're not destroying their cities and leeching off of workers.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:52 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Those teabaggers are an amusing bunch.

Carry on.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
The Ron Paul Tea Party no longer exists if it ever did. It has been replaced by the Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Glenn Beck Christian Taliban version with corporate funding provided by Koch Industries. The Tea Party is now just a louder, older, more militant version of the Religious Right, Moral Majority, etc. The same people have called themselves different things over the years, but the Tea Party is the same group of aging fundamentalist Christians whose idea of a smaller, less intrusive government is one that only bans things they don't like. The Tea Party only cares about freedom in terms of a marketing slogan, unless they truly believe that freedom is being free to do as you are told by elderly geezers quoting from a Bronze Age book of fairy tales.

It is still there, or you don't understand what the Tea Party is, here 9 years after it's first Taxed Enough Already rally.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:12 AM

934 posts, read 595,771 times
Agree that the govt should get their hands off their Medicare?

Hmmmmmm

Old 05-20-2015, 09:32 AM

1,733 posts, read 949,183 times
Once again, I am surprised that some still chose to remain ignorant on the origins and purpose of the TEA Party. Just illustrates how many repeat talking points of the left's MSM without taking the time to understand what is being discussed. Our government wastes billions of dollars on bs projects and we should all be questioning where our money goes.
As far as the TEA Party being made up of "old white men," I have to lol. Look at the 2016 presidential candidates on both sides of the aisle: the dems have and old white woman and old white man running (now there's diversity), when the republican field succinctly represents the true diversity of our country.
SMH

Old 05-20-2015, 09:37 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
This TEA Party guys ideas along with every TEA Party person I associate:
1. Reduce government spending in the majority of areas, including military, by reducing waste, redundancy and over payments.
2. No business is too big to fail.
3. Stop all foreign aid to every country including Israel.
4. Simplify our tax code, which includes getting rid of corporate subsidies.
5. Stop being the world's police and stay out of other countries affairs unless they are a direct threat to the US.
6. Ditch the Patriot Act.
7. Reduce federal control by allowing greater local control.

Crazy ideas, right?

Old 05-20-2015, 01:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
This TEA Party guys ideas along with every TEA Party person I associate:
1. Reduce government spending in the majority of areas, including military, by reducing waste, redundancy and over payments.
2. No business is too big to fail.
3. Stop all foreign aid to every country including Israel.
4. Simplify our tax code, which includes getting rid of corporate subsidies.
5. Stop being the world's police and stay out of other countries affairs unless they are a direct threat to the US.
6. Ditch the Patriot Act.
7. Reduce federal control by allowing greater local control.

Crazy ideas, right?
\

You forgot the root of all evils, that allows all the above.

END THE FED!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies