Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 02:56 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Where is the credible source of this information?

The Rolling Stones were never scheduled to play Miami. Their U.S. tour has concluded and they are back in London.

First thing I thought when I saw them on the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 07:32 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I live in Florida, and I'm hoping Florida becomes a desert wasteland of entertainment. Serves Florida right for being having such a sick law. Soon it will be only redneck singers coming here lol
If you mean "country & western" singers: better them than most of those gangster rappers. No loss there tho some people would be mad.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:12 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Not a single group that I'd bother to see, even if the tickets were free.
I'd see the Stones or Madonna for free
I don't know why they are on the list. The Stones wrapped up their 50 and counting
US tour this past June and Madonna isn't even touring now.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:15 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
And Rod Stewart?
He only plays Las Vegas these days.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:24 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Third attempt.

THE OPs POST IS A HOAX:
PolitiFact Florida | Are Jay Z, Justin Timberlake and Rihanna joining Stevie Wonder's Florida boycott?

Below were typical responses from the artists contacted, including The Stones, Madanna, Timerlake, etc:
"Mother Jones received the following statement from Alicia Keys' representative (Keys is one of the originally listed artists):
We question the validity of this list since Alicia's name along with many others has appeared erroneously."

Old 07-25-2013, 09:11 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
That's pretty funny. Moore didn't know his guard was armed.
Does it hurt to stretch that hard?
Not a stretch at all. Wouldn't be that difficult, I'd imagine as there are plenty of ways to get a gun without someone knowing.

Anyway, what does Moore have to do with the term "armed" and what it infers? You and Informed keep going with this red herring that has absolutely nothing to do with the original argument. Mayhaps you have nothing conducive to add and are only trying to make your ego feel good about itself by sounding snarky and smarmy?

Typical.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:19 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Dude, the story is a hoax. The desert wasteland is in your head (in more ways than one).

Here is another one for those slow to catch on:
Celebrity Florida Boycott List Discredited, Artists Had No Knowledge of it | EURweb - Part 1
Um... Not exactly.

Here's the news from 2 days ago:

UPDATE: Questions Over Florida Artist Boycott businessmen are beginning to get a case of loose bowels over it. Looky here at the South Florida Business Journal hoping to do some damage control yesterday: Big-name celebs oppose 'Stand Your Ground' - South Florida Business Journal. They're telling everyone to not be so quick to add Rod Stewart to the boycotters. Too bad, so sad, big businessmen! Money will fly out of your thick wallets!

I applaud all the boycotting entertainers!

Old 07-25-2013, 09:47 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Um... Not exactly.

Here's the news from 2 days ago:

UPDATE: Questions Over Florida Artist Boycott businessmen are beginning to get a case of loose bowels over it. Looky here at the South Florida Business Journal hoping to do some damage control yesterday: Big-name celebs oppose 'Stand Your Ground' - South Florida Business Journal. They're telling everyone to not be so quick to add Rod Stewart to the boycotters. Too bad, so sad, big businessmen! Money will fly out of your thick wallets!

I applaud all the boycotting entertainers!
LOL...You ddin't read it did you. How embarassing for you. That article you posted DISCREDITS the list and support my conclusion that this is a hoax. And your own posting contradicts yourself with you admitted Rod the Mod is not part of it. Are you confused?:

Although Gossip Extra and other media have reported that Stevie Wonder, Madonna, Jay Z, Kanye West and others are charging away from the Sunshine State as a result of the law, Huffington Post is reporting that the list has been discredited. HuffPost states that Rihanna is not involved despite reports from American Urban Radio Networks and neither is the Rolling Stones, which didn't know of the campaign.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:03 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
LOL...You ddin't read it did you. How embarassing for you. That article you posted DISCREDITS the list and support my conclusion that this is a hoax. And your own posting contradicts yourself with you admitted Rod the Mod is not part of it. Are you confused?:

Although Gossip Extra and other media have reported that Stevie Wonder, Madonna, Jay Z, Kanye West and others are charging away from the Sunshine State as a result of the law, Huffington Post is reporting that the list has been discredited. HuffPost states that Rihanna is not involved despite reports from American Urban Radio Networks and neither is the Rolling Stones, which didn't know of the campaign.
Let's all join hands and pretend the elephant isn't in the room, shall we?

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/enter...grows_14733287

Celebrities Boycotting Florida Over

Here's the thing about boycotts, in case you're unaware. Boycotts function in a very distinctive fashion, by calling attention to a wrong. Boycotts have financial results, but more importantly, they put an issue in the hot seat, it becomes constant discussion, and it makes sure that issue remains in the forefront of discussion. THAT is the intention. Businessmen and business journals go NUTS when a boycott goes out of control. I'm sure the NRA and gun owners are also having to take antacids over this. This has put Florida in the mouths of everyone, for having a law on its books which is savage and monstrous, and that is just fine with me. Personally, I lose nothing through a boycott or trashing of Florida, so I couldn't be more delighted. Governor Scott (the criminal who headed HCA, the health company which stole the most from Medicare and Medicaid and is now the nefarious governor of Florida) is now on the hot seat, as are all the Repukes who put that law on the books. I'm quite joyful about that! The more Florida gets trashed for that law, the better. I'm happy!

Old 07-25-2013, 10:07 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Maybe their fanbase will follow them out of Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies