Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2013, 08:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Well, since their ancestors were captured and sold by a stronger tribe the chances that they would have been killed rather than sold is pretty strong. But they will never see that!

I do think it's funny that it's not considered racist to blame all the white people here for slavery when many whites here have ancestors than immigrated here long after slavery was abolished.

Besides, each of us is only responsible for what we ourselves have done.
Who blamed white people for slavery? Who exactly. Give me names.

Wanna give me the account of my ancestors? Good...i'll give you an account of yours.

Your ancestors left Europe because they were the perpetual losers on the continent. They couldn't buy land, couldn't obtain a trade, couldn't make a living, and it's pretty likely that had they not immigrated to America, they would've died in some European war or died of some communicable disease.

That's why you're here.

So again, be DAMN GRATEFUL that your ancestors escaped and made it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Slavery, which ended over 140 years ago, long before the invention of the electric light, the automobile or even the basketball. Who has received trillions of dollars in the form of welfare checks, small business loans, affirmative action, Operation Headstart and food stamps.

In return, the community, has given back to America a record number of illegitimate children, violent crime totally disproportionate to their numbers, an academic dropout rate that guarantees the cycle of ignorance and violence will continue unabated, and a constant clamor for more and more in the way of city, state and federal handouts.
Whites have recieved all of that...and STILL continue to get it. In fact, you get it too.

As for your second paragraph...i apologize for nothing. ZERO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 08:19 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,485,232 times
Quote:
So again, be DAMN GRATEFUL that your ancestors escaped and made it here.
I am and they were too! That's why I'm not a hyphenated American.

That's also why my ancestors ASSIMILATED into the American culture even though it was nothing like the culture where they grew up.

They learned English despite it not being their native language.

That's why they taught us to be GOOD Americans and not break the laws and social rules...to show gratitude for being here and be a productive part of society...NOT tear it down and ask for handouts.

I think everyone born in this country today is lucky!

If anyone here feels like their native country is something to be more proud of than being an American I invite them to go there!

Old 08-01-2013, 05:40 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This^^^.

These clowns are just looking for a way to make yet another thread about black people, which has become their perpetual obsession.

I don't know any black folks that bring up slavery or the "I'm being held down" nonsense either....and I KNOW black folks. Lots of them.

These conservative types generally know about 1 and half black people tops...if that. They don't have conversations with blacks, and aren't privy to intra black discusssions about any topics of relative importance. They don't know how blacks feel about a stack of pancakes...let alone slavery or any serious issues.

What little they do know is from TV or some lame ass internet blog...and even that info is suspect.

So these threads (made by white folks) postulating what black folks think should be taken with a grain of salt.

....And there you have it in a nutshell ladies and gentlemen

Old 08-01-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
I am and they were too! That's why I'm not a hyphenated American.

That's also why my ancestors ASSIMILATED into the American culture even though it was nothing like the culture where they grew up.

They learned English despite it not being their native language.

That's why they taught us to be GOOD Americans and not break the laws and social rules...to show gratitude for being here and be a productive part of society...NOT tear it down and ask for handouts.

I think everyone born in this country today is lucky!

If anyone here feels like their native country is something to be more proud of than being an American I invite them to go there!
Just think I wished that my ancestors who were instrumental in the growth in this country were able to assimulate without laws to make them equal to those who came to this country voluntarily. I since that did not happen, I wish that my homeland was not invaded and raped of her resources by foriegn powers, maybe then I could have gone back and helped them become more than the butt of some industrial ignoramuses jokes. I guess that I should "lucky" to be born in a country that views anyone that looks like me as being "suspect of doing something" and the value of my life is debatable. I guess that I'm lucky to be half-ass accepted into a country that I'm constantly reminded just how that I am by the same people that have tormented my people ever since they were kidnapped here in the first place.

I just find it interesting that some people have the option of being looked at as an individual regardless of the acts committed by people that look like them and others are all judged byb the actions of a few

Old 08-01-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
I guess that I should "lucky" to be born in a country that views anyone that looks like me as being "suspect of doing something" and the value of my life is debatable.
Unfortunately as long as a majority of your community embraces the thug lifestyle you will also pay the price for their unsavory actions.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:38 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
This^^^.

These clowns are just looking for a way to make yet another thread about black people, which has become their perpetual obsession.

I don't know any black folks that bring up slavery or the "I'm being held down" nonsense either....and I KNOW black folks. Lots of them.

These conservative types generally know about 1 and half black people tops...if that. They don't have conversations with blacks, and aren't privy to intra black discusssions about any topics of relative importance. They don't know how blacks feel about a stack of pancakes...let alone slavery or any serious issues.

What little they do know is from TV or some lame ass internet blog...and even that info is suspect.

So these threads (made by white folks) postulating what black folks think should be taken with a grain of salt.
Because you have black skin you think you know every black person.. hardly... you don't understand black republicans and how they got free from the grasp of the racist democrats.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately as long as a majority of your community embraces the thug lifestyle you will also pay the price for their unsavory actions.
Lets think about that. Why is it that whenever someone from the black community does anything negative it reflects upon us all but if a whiteman decides to shoot up a school or a movie theater they are looked upon as individuals?

You just made a very offensive remark regarding "our community" embracing the thug lifestyle and that me and my law abiding sons will have to pay the price for it, now why is that? You managed to say this whithout taking into consideration where this "thug lifestyle" came from. I guess that you never heard of Al Capone, Bonnie and Clyde, Charles "lucky" Lucanio, Babyface Nelson ect.? I'm pretty sure that these characters were around before the advent of these modern day gangsters. Has it ever occurred to you that these modern day "thugs" are just simply imitating the latter day ones, if so why was'nt the country vilifying the young white youth for imitating them?

What I get from your remark is that it is ok whenever whites do things like that but if blacks or any other group mimicks that same behavior they should be scorned. Malcolm X was right about the "chickens coming home to roost"

Old 08-01-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Lets think about that. Why is it that whenever someone from the black community does anything negative it reflects upon us all but if a whiteman decides to shoot up a school or a movie theater they are looked upon as individuals?

You just made a very offensive remark regarding "our community" embracing the thug lifestyle and that me and my law abiding sons will have to pay the price for it, now why is that? You managed to say this whithout taking into consideration where this "thug lifestyle" came from. I guess that you never heard of Al Capone, Bonnie and Clyde, Charles "lucky" Lucanio, Babyface Nelson ect.? I'm pretty sure that these characters were around before the advent of these modern day gangsters. Has it ever occurred to you that these modern day "thugs" are just simply imitating the latter day ones, if so why was'nt the country vilifying the young white youth for imitating them?

What I get from your remark is that it is ok whenever whites do things like that but if blacks or any other group mimicks that same behavior they should be scorned. Malcolm X was right about the "chickens coming home to roost"
The difference is that the white community is horrified and disgusted when someone commits a crime whereas the black community rushes to shield and embrace it's degenerates and tries to paint the thug as some saint!

You have race-baiting shakedown artists like Sharpton and his followers.

Even when the black community sees a black person speaking up against the thuggery the black community shuns them...calls them a traitor and an Uncle Tom.

THAT's why! The black community as a whole embraces thuggery and sloth!

I'm sorry that you are offended by the truth!

I truly do feel for those that don't support that lifestyle but they need to work withing the community to become the vocal majority until they are an actual majority....if more of them would lead, they could lead the black community out of this current situation.

As for the gangsters of several generations ago...they were dealt with! The white community as a whole ran them down! So now you're gonna blame white people from 60-70 years ago for being an influence....gawd....grow up already and take responsibility!

BLAME BLAME BLAME that's your game!

Old 08-01-2013, 07:09 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Blacks should feel extremely fortunate that their ancestors were brought to America MANY, MANY generations ago to be slaves. If I were black I would be glad this happened to my relatives of MANY, MANY dozens of generations ago... This distant event actually saved those people's lives and extended their lineage.
Who told you that ever "black" person you see around you had ancestors brought to the U.S. many, many generations ago? What is with you people who think you know everyone's heritage simply by looking at them?

And why should they be glad? What lives were saved...or are you just that uneducated about the African continent?

Old 08-01-2013, 07:11 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Do you know how dumb you sound? SMH...typical conservative, I swear.

So no black lineages would've survived without slavery, huh? Really?

That's strange. How are there tens of millions of blacks in West Africa today despite slavery? How did their lineages survive?

No...YOU are the one that should be happy to be here. The chance is far higher that you descendants of Europeans would have never been born if your ancestors hadn't left that hellhole. After all, even in the middle of the last century, Europeans managed to slaughter 50-60 million of their own citizens in one war. Nevermind all the dumb tribal European wars that led up to that one that killed millions.

So sure, I'm grateful, but not nearly as grateful as you should be.
YES @ the bold. The amount of savagery...smh.

As for West Africa...even through colonialism, the lineages survived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies