Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 03:32 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Gun related crime among youths at a 30 year low.. now that can't be !!

Could this have something to do with it?

Naw.

Quote:
Yes, that must be the reason. Easier access to guns. That must be the reason gun crimes are down overall.
Quote:
they draw such easy conclusions and make such tenuous connections using only specious reasoning. They see one thing happen and immediately grope for causation with the first possible thing that comes to mind. They also see most every issue in terms of black and white. There is never even the shallowest layer of complexity to anything.
Priceless.

This guy draws the wrong conclusion in the most shallow way possible... and then spends the rest of his post complaining about people who draw the wrong conclusions in the most shallow way possible.

Only in America.....!

Last edited by Little-Acorn; 07-25-2013 at 03:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 03:34 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
I don't know who said the south is more violent because of gun laws. I see more gun violence in areas of poverty, wherever that happens to be.
Well then maybe you should spend all of 15 minutes reading the posts by anti gun left wingers on this board during any gun law argument.

Really, the irony is killing me.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:03 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
I don't know who said the south is more violent because of gun laws. I see more gun violence in areas of poverty, wherever that happens to be.
Alot of the murders are tied to gangs, drugs, and personal disputes. In alot of those murders where personal disputes were involved, the 2 persons knew each other.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:08 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,339,276 times
It also has to do with abortion. So many baby boomers were born to parents that didn't want them. These people reached prime crime committing age during the 70s and 80s and early 90s. Starting in the 70s though women could terminate a pregnancy that they didn't want (thank goodness). This resulted in the late 90s crime plummet because these unwanted people were not around as much.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Yes because all of those kids in the ghetto growing up without fathers has made them less violent and peaceful!
Even our ghettos today are safer than they have ever been. They are still dangerous, yes, but not as much as they were in the past.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Is that why so many inner city kids with no father are so violent ?
Again, our ghettos are safer than they have ever been. I can walk around the worst areas of Tampa (Like Ybor City) and I do not feel unsafe. Back in the 80s and 90s I would probably get robbed in a neighborhood like that.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:30 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Not surprising the way the media runs any shooting 24x7 for weeks making an extremely rare incident seem like it happens every day. But of course the liberals say they aren't biased or anything.

Maybe the lower crime rate has something to do with 3 Strikes laws keeping habitual criminals off the streets and not out committing crimes year after year.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:44 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Even our ghettos today are safer than they have ever been. They are still dangerous, yes, but not as much as they were in the past.
That hardly means that having more single mothers has improved the situation. Given the actual statistics, that theory is bunk.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:42 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I think it is because so many millennials were raised by their mothers. Mothers will raise their children to less violent. Fathers imbue their sons with aggression and territorial insecurities.
Yeah its called being a man.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:07 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,594,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I'm sure the gun grabbers are going to throw all kinds of statistics to shred this, and if that fails accuse every firearms enthusiast that we just don't care about all those murdered children.

Youth murder rates at 30-year low, CDC reports - NBC News.com

Some more good reading:
Obama orders CDC gun violence study, study shreds his position

Study: Despite drop in gun crime, 56% think it's worse

It's amazing , more and more people are now legally carrying and there isn't a shoot out in the street everyday , or peope accidently shooting themselves left and right or just plain mass chaos. Don't believe the hype sheeple, a firearm is just a tool.
Yes, unfortunately gun ownership rate (in particular among young adults) is declining

The Myth Of NRA Dominance Part IV: The Declining Role Of Guns In American Society | ThinkProgress

Nice try, honey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies