Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 07:29 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Yes, unfortunately gun ownership rate (in particular among young adults) is declining

The Myth Of NRA Dominance Part IV: The Declining Role Of Guns In American Society | ThinkProgress

Nice try, honey
Interesting......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 07:31 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,736,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I think it is because so many millennials were raised by their mothers. Mothers will raise their children to less violent. Fathers imbue their sons with aggression and territorial insecurities.
Can you back this up with anything but your ignorance?

Old 07-26-2013, 07:40 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Yes, unfortunately gun ownership rate (in particular among young adults) is declining

The Myth Of NRA Dominance Part IV: The Declining Role Of Guns In American Society | ThinkProgress

Nice try, honey
Other data at that site conflicts with slightly more recent data from Gallup:

Gun ownership has risen in risen years, both in total number of guns, and in households.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:12 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Also, if I search google for "republicans are stupid morons," I get like 3.8 million links. Nothing to see here?

republicans are stupid morons - Google Search
Well if that's your criteria:

Democrats are stupid morons - Google Search
4.6 million links.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Other data at that site conflicts with slightly more recent data from Gallup:

Gun ownership has risen in risen years, both in total number of guns, and in households.
It seems there are more gund, but owned by fewer people. Those who had three, might now own five.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:18 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I think it is because so many millennials were raised by their mothers. Mothers will raise their children to less violent. Fathers imbue their sons with aggression and territorial insecurities.
As others have already noted, ain't this just precious, though? But I cant not comment. What an utterly ridiculous statement! Is there a proper term to describe blatant hatred of men? The point of a Mother AND Father is balance. Regardless of the gender of the child, which is an issue you do not address. You speak only of male children.

As a general ruWhat is with this view that men are just inherently evil and hyperviolent? How blatantly insulting and degrading! If someone were to make a similar comment with the roles reversed, every feminist here would be pouncing like a Mountain Lion, showering every term from chauvinist to Neanderthal like a hard rain.

I don't even know what to phrase here. I am so taken aback by this my brain won't work.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:49 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It seems there are more gund, but owned by fewer people. Those who had three, might now own five.
Anecdotally I think this is true. But recent surveys show ownership at the household level is up. I have also seen other data that says more women own guns than before.

I know many people that own guns. Very few own just one.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Anecdotally I think this is true. But recent surveys show ownership at the household level is up. I have also seen other data that says more women own guns than before.

They are like potatoe chips. You buy one, and you have to buy another one.....

The other survay showed that gun ownerwhip was higher before than now, and maybe that can be explained by the fact that more people used to live in rural areas, where pretty much everyone is a gun owner.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:24 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:

That is rare. Purposes for ownership vary, and type of gun for specific purpose. Hunting, defense, competition, plain old plinking etc, call for different types of guns. Most people who own firearms, use them for recreational purposes, so, in addition to, say, a 38 for decense, they will also have a 22 for cheap practice and bouncing cans.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:33 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I'm sure the gun grabbers are going to throw all kinds of statistics to shred this, and if that fails accuse every firearms enthusiast that we just don't care about all those murdered children.

Youth murder rates at 30-year low, CDC reports - NBC News.com

Some more good reading:
Obama orders CDC gun violence study, study shreds his position

Study: Despite drop in gun crime, 56% think it's worse

It's amazing , more and more people are now legally carrying and there isn't a shoot out in the street everyday , or peope accidently shooting themselves left and right or just plain mass chaos. Don't believe the hype sheeple, a firearm is just a tool.

Maybe it's the gun buyback trend...

Tuition is kinda expensive, and you can sell just so much blood...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies