Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 05:29 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What is wrong with these gun idiots? Why couldn't he have warned him and fired a shot in the air?

JC
There's a whole lot of those gun idiots posting on city-data, sad eh?

Old 07-27-2013, 05:30 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,458,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I wonder at what age any of you would think is too young to shoot a young kid who has trespassed on your property? This kid was 14, and you've already got him serving a lifetime behind bars.

What about 12, 10 and 8- year-old? Would you all justify shooting a "dangerous" 8-year-old who had trespassed on your property? Maybe 5 yrs old? huh?
did you read the article? his parents said he had a history of robbery. comparing a 14 year old to an 8 year old is completely stupid. Big difference between a freshmen and a 2nd grader

Old 07-27-2013, 05:30 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What is wrong with these gun idiots? Why couldn't he have warned him and fired a shot in the air?

JC

wow

in most states thats very illegal, not to mention stupid and dangerous.

so if gun owners are idiots, what are uninformed sheep called ?

Old 07-27-2013, 05:31 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I really have no idea what Im talking about but I enjoy the sound of my typing....

FIFY

Old 07-27-2013, 05:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
wow

in most states thats very illegal, not to mention stupid and dangerous.

so if gun owners are idiots, what are uninformed sheep called ?
Fox News Watchers. Bet this guy wishes he would have done SOMETHING other than kill the kid. Just about anything, really, at this point.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:33 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,646,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
did you read the article? his parents said he had a history of robbery. comparing a 14 year old to an 8 year old is completely stupid. Big difference between a freshmen and a 2nd grader
He had a history of "stealing things" according to a family member.

Do you think that deserves the death penalty at age 14?

Or maybe losing half your brain and the ability to walk and talk? Do you really think that's the appropriate "penalty" for petty theft?

Which by the way the kid had not even committed?!!

Have none of you ever been 14 years old and done stupid things? Or, I get it, you're all saints.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:33 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,044,413 times
Very bad decision by the homeowner and by the kid.

Deserves got nothin to do with it.

It is what it is.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:36 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,999,446 times
Quote:
He had a history of "stealing things" according to a family member.

Do you think that deserves the death penalty at age 14?

Or maybe losing half your brain and the ability to walk and talk? Do you really think that's the appropriate "penalty" for petty theft?

Which by the way the kid had not even committed?!!

Have none of you ever been 14 years old and done stupid things? Or, I get it, you're all saints.
Liberals - making excuses for criminals.

Harrier can think of plenty of better things that a 14 year old kid could be doing at 2 a.m., chief among them is sleeping.

Jumping fences onto private property is not on the list.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:41 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,258,614 times
Quote:
Show me where it says you can shoot to death an unarmed kid who trespasses on private property.

Do you realize how often this occurs? Have you never had a neighbor's kid run across your lawn or cut through your back-yard? I mean, where do you people live?---Gestapo-land?
I have a doorman and live in multi story building, so if someone broke into to my place I would push them out the window and say they tripped.

Connecticut:

Sec. 53a-20. Use of physical force in defense of premises. :: Chapter 951 — Penal Code: Statutory Construction; Principlesof Criminal Liability (contains Secs. 53a-4 to 53a-23) :: Title 53a — Penal Code (contains Chapters 950 to 952) :: 2

Sec. 53a-20. Use of physical force in defense of premises.
A person in possession or control of premises, or a person who is licensed or privileged to be in or upon such premises, is justified in using reasonable physical force upon another person when and to the extent that he reasonably believes such to be necessary to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted commission of a criminal trespass by such other person in or upon such premises; but he may use deadly physical force under such circumstances only (1) in defense of a person as prescribed in section 53a-19, or (2) when he reasonably believes such to be necessary to prevent an attempt by the trespasser to commit arson or any crime of violence, or (3) to the extent that he reasonably believes such to be necessary to prevent or terminate an unlawful entry by force into his dwelling as defined in section 53a-100, or place of work, and for the sole purpose of such prevention or termination

Old 07-27-2013, 05:49 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,258,614 times
Quote:
[/b]

Instead of turning on the lights, or letting his "big barking dog" out to the yard? The solution to petty crime is not the death penalty or else we might as well start killing about 100,000 people a year because I'm sure that's the level of petty crime in this country.

Are you serious? This kid was in Grade 8. This is getting sickening.
Well TS, there is a reason the vast majority of home burglaries occur when homeowners aren't home. If you are stupid enough to break into someone's house then you are gambling with your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Member when you just used to hate the cranky old neighbors that got mad if you stepped foot on their lawn while taking a shortcut to the park? Or if your tennis ball/volleyball/ basketball accidently went into their yard and you tried to quietly retrieve it without getting yelled at?

Remember those days?

NOW - these kids best be wearing a bullet-proof vest if they shortcut through a yard.

Welcome to Wacko-World courtesy of the NRA and RWNJ.
It's not possible to trespass on someone's front lawn. Even though the front lawn might be private property if is accessible to the public then it doesn't count as private property from a legal perspective. The back yard is a different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies