Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 05:20 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,604,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
LOL semantics but hold on to your image of angelic Trayvon if you like.
Nope, you obviously aren't proficient as you are not able to comprehend the very real difference between "looking at all the houses" and "looking into homes."

And, by the way, I agree with the Zimmerman verdict so you can go peddle that crap somewhere else.

Last edited by helenejen; 07-27-2013 at 05:30 PM..

Old 07-27-2013, 05:21 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
With half a functioning brain.
Based on the story details I'm guessing this isn't much different from before the shooting.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:21 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,259,799 times
Quote:
Let's say he had burglary on his mind. You can't kill someone who is on your property because you think they have burglary on their mind. Plus, he wasn't armed. There were lots of ways to get rid of this potential burglar other than shooting him. The owner was safe in his house, and had nothing to fear from this kid. This is not stand your ground. Stand your ground means you have to have reasonable fear of IMMINENT serious bodily injury or death---not just potential but imminent.
You can shoot someone that is trespassing on private property. It does depend on the state, but it is legal in IL, CT, IN, TX, and a few other states.
There was no way to know if the kid was armed or not.
Evidently, LA doesn't allow you to use deadly force to prevent or stop trespassing.
He should have waited to see if the kid broke in and then shot him.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:22 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,001,988 times
Quote:
The homeowner is approaching him with a drawn gun. I would think that this kid's impulse would be to run, but the homeowner shot him the minute he moved a muscle.
Oh, so in other words, you just made it up.

Thank you for clarifying that you substitute fantasy for facts.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:24 PM

50,737 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
awww ya the poor kid was innocent. that kid was going to live behind bars his whole life so please don't act like the kid was an angel.
You have no way of knowing that. I know a lot of people who at that age did a lot of things they shouldn't have done, but grew up to be responsible citizens and family men. He's 14, for God's sake, what is wrong with you?

10,553 posts, read 9,647,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
awww ya the poor kid was innocent. that kid was going to live behind bars his whole life so please don't act like the kid was an angel.
I wonder at what age any of you would think is too young to shoot a young kid who has trespassed on your property? This kid was 14, and you've already got him serving a lifetime behind bars.

What about 12, 10 and 8- year-old? Would you all justify shooting a "dangerous" 8-year-old who had trespassed on your property? Maybe 5 yrs old? huh?

11,768 posts, read 10,259,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What is wrong with these gun idiots? Why couldn't he have warned him and fired a shot in the air?

JC
That is illegal!

Old 07-27-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
You can shoot someone that is trespassing on private property. It does depend on the state, but it is legal in IL, CT, IN, TX, and a few other states.
Evidently, LA doesn't allow you to use deadly force to prevent or stop trespassing.
Show me where it says you can shoot to death an unarmed kid who trespasses on private property.

Do you realize how often this occurs? Have you never had a neighbor's kid run across your lawn or cut through your back-yard? I mean, where do you people live?---Gestapo-land?

Old 07-27-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post

Instead of turning on the lights, or letting his "big barking dog" out to the yard? The solution to petty crime is not the death penalty or else we might as well start killing about 100,000 people a year because I'm sure that's the level of petty crime in this country.

Are you serious? This kid was in Grade 8. This is getting sickening.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:29 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,519,045 times
Quote:
Show me where it says you can shoot to death an unarmed kid who trespasses on private property.

Do you realize how often this occurs? Have you never had a neighbor's kid run across your lawn or cut through your back-yard? I mean, where do you people live?---Gestapo-land?
Member when you just used to hate the cranky old neighbors that got mad if you stepped foot on their lawn while taking a shortcut to the park? Or if your tennis ball/volleyball/ basketball accidently went into their yard and you tried to quietly retrieve it without getting yelled at?

Remember those days?

NOW - these kids best be wearing a bullet-proof vest if they shortcut through a yard.

Welcome to Wacko-World courtesy of the NRA and RWNJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies