Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 07:59 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,088,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
As a percentage, and that's what really counts, more white women are not single welfare mother.
As a percentage more white women are on welfare then black, now if you are trying to say per capita, that is a different story, but if you are out and about observing people, since actual numbers and percentage of welfare recipients are white, then your chances of seeing a white person that is on welfare, is greater then black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 08:00 AM

121 posts, read 142,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Yeah, you know what the solution to this is? Advance a culture of not having children. Stress education. Educated women are more likely to not have kids and not marry losers. Stress the importance of borth control, as well.
Yeah, but the only problem with that is, educated women are also less likely to have as many children or any children at all.

I'm college educated and I do not have children. My sister doesn't have children either. Actually none of my siblings have children. We grew up under strange circumstances. We always felt like outcast for not having a dad around and internalized it really deeply.

Anyhow, what is currently occurring amongst black women is very interesting. College educated black women are foregoing having children or if they do, very few have more than 1 or two, while uneducated impoverished black women are having the bulk of the black children.

This is not a good thing for the black race in the U.S., because the bulk of black children being produced are from single parent, impoverished homes, not middle class two parent stable homes.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:03 AM

121 posts, read 142,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
And your point is? I never said it was not a predominately white city, what difference does that make? Except for the fact, that it proves my point, that there are other factors that play into your observation, other then just racial make up.
My point is, your experience with seeing .87% of the blacks who reside in Clinton with fathers in the home, is not the true story for the bulk of black Americans in the U.S. Clinton, Illinois is a far cry from how most African Americans are living. I imagine you already know this, that's why you as a black man, chose to live in a community that is 97% white.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:03 AM

14,492 posts, read 11,320,995 times
Quote:
Yet, there are many of us black guys on here, so we are not in prison, and I have no idea what you are talking about when you say porchin out. And sorry, but the corporation I run, does not sell crack.
Would you agree that the single motherhood in black populations is a big problem?

Old 07-28-2013, 08:05 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,624,341 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ck-single.html

5,261 posts, read 4,165,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherish643 View Post
Yeah, but the only problem with that is, educated women are also less likely to have as many children or any children at all.

I'm college educated and I do not have children. My sister doesn't have children either. Actually none of my siblings have children. We grew up under strange circumstances. We always felt like outcast for not having a dad around and internalized it really deeply.

Anyhow, what is currently occurring amongst black women is very interesting. College educated black women are foregoing having children or if they do, very few have more than 1 or two, while uneducated impoverished black women are having the bulk of the black children.

This is not a good thing for the black race in the U.S., because the bulk of black children being produced are from single parent, impoverished homes, not middle class two parent stable homes.
That's not a "problem." As I stated, we need to foster a culture among all races and income levels of not having children. Educate women and fertility rates fall, while quality of lives if improve. Or are you one of these folks who clings to an Industrial Revolution model in which we need more people to fill up our factories to work?

14,492 posts, read 11,320,995 times
Quote:
As a percentage more white women are on welfare then black, now if you are trying to say per capita, that is a different story, but if you are out and about observing people, since actual numbers and percentage of welfare recipients are white, then your chances of seeing a white person that is on welfare, is greater then black.
I meant as a percentage of their individual populations.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
My point is, your experience with seeing .87% of the blacks who reside in Clinton with fathers in the home, is not the true story for the bulk of black Americans in the U.S. Clinton, Illinois is a far cry from how most African Americans are living. I imagine you already know this, that's why you as a black man, chose to live in a community that is 97% white.
Well, I know very few African Americans, but us Americans who happen to be black, vary depending on many other factors other then skin color. I grew up in Clinton, and have moved back here, not because of it being white, but because of the fact, it was a very wise business decision, my companies sales went up 400% the first year moving here.

You seem to look at just the impoverished Black Americans and consider them to be the whole as to judge all by. Look outside of impoverished areas, and you will find different observations.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I meant as a percentage of their individual populations.
That is what per capita means, but this thread is about observations out and about, which per capita does not come into play.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:13 AM

12,980 posts, read 13,726,356 times
Quote:
This is very silly. I'm not referring to "affluent or rich folks." Obviously rich folks have plenty of resources. I'm referring to regular working class/middle class neighborhoods and every day people who work.
If you do reasearch on all black small towns in the US you might find what you are looking for . The problem is what used to be an all black small rural town has had encroachment by whites to the degree that they are not all black anymore. Boley Oklahoma is one of them and it may be down to less than 50% black now, but it had only 5 or 6 total crimes in 2011.
Historic All-Black Towns in Oklahoma - African-American Resource Center - ResearchGuides at Tulsa City-County Library
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies