Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 08:18 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,748,919 times

Advertisements

Uruguay close to becoming first country to legalize marketplace for marijuana - World News=
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 08:19 PM

68,351 posts, read 54,507,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Wow

I am a physician who really does not care whether you smoke pot or not. However, THERE IS NOT ONE RANDOMIZED, BLINDED, PROSPECTIVE study showing a "medical benefit" of pot. There are MANY poor studies and anecdotal reports of the "benefits" of pot. These, of course, have no relevance.

What we do not want, as physicians, is pot head jamming our clinics in search of scripts for pot. We have real medical issues and patients with actual problems to take care of and do not want potheads pestering us.

If you want to smoke weed- do so. However, do not even begin to suggest that there is ANY "medical" benefit to pot, as there is none. Gee.................... I wonder why we don't smoke our anti-hypertensives and anti-anginal medicines? Why don't pot heads like merinol for pain? Why don't they like Tylenol, which functions via cannabanoid receptors?
AMA Reverses Stance on Medical Marijuana

I'd smoke weed before I'd visit a self-Righteous whining alleged physician who utterly fails to show an indication of possessing any degree of compassion, empathy, or humanity.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:32 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,099,868 times
And the scam continues.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:37 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,619,073 times
Quote:
Wow

I am a physician who really does not care whether you smoke pot or not. However, THERE IS NOT ONE RANDOMIZED, BLINDED, PROSPECTIVE study showing a "medical benefit" of pot. There are MANY poor studies and anecdotal reports of the "benefits" of pot. These, of course, have no relevance.

What we do not want, as physicians, is pot head jamming our clinics in search of scripts for pot. We have real medical issues and patients with actual problems to take care of and do not want potheads pestering us.

If you want to smoke weed- do so. However, do not even begin to suggest that there is ANY "medical" benefit to pot, as there is none. Gee.................... I wonder why we don't smoke our anti-hypertensives and anti-anginal medicines? Why don't pot heads like merinol for pain? Why don't they like Tylenol, which functions via cannabanoid receptors?
Please educate yourself, "Doctor."

Supporting Research into the Therapeutic Role of Marijuana by the American College of Physicians

Old 08-01-2013, 09:01 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,748,919 times
Quote:
Wow

I see reefer madness propaganda has worked on the old schooled

Majority Of Doctors Would Prescribe Medical Marijuana To Their Patients | ThinkProgress

Old 08-01-2013, 09:11 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,560,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Baby steps. Hopefully Ohio will follow. They're trying.
Ohio has decriminalized possession, right? That is a first step in its own right. In Illinois you still get arrested.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:14 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,560,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
I see reefer madness propaganda has worked on the old schooled

Majority Of Doctors Would Prescribe Medical Marijuana To Their Patients | ThinkProgress
It shows that T-Rex is still alive and well in some places.

The more conservative ones politics often has a regressive effect on ones belief in science, as well, as he's a rabid climate change denialist too.

I wonder if he believes in bleeding his patients to cure their ills?

Old 08-01-2013, 09:15 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,947,405 times
This falls under the category of who cares... We have bigger problems to contend with than whether you can get high or not..

Old 08-01-2013, 11:28 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,944,817 times
Quote:
Wow

The issue with smoking is valid. However, cannabinoids and their usage has been studied by many, including the military and benefits have been found.
Cancer patients, for example can benefit. Both the appetite stimulant and relief of pain from one substance can be substantial. Repeated Tylenol usage in these situations has lead to kidney failure.
Study Links Heavy Use of a Pain Reliever to Kidney Failure

Old 08-02-2013, 06:05 AM

30,118 posts, read 18,723,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
what a crock of bs. so you say weed does not give one the munchies?? come on dude!!! so let me get this straight I should buy big pharma pills with tons of side effects over mother natures natural remedy?? got it
"Big Pharma pills with tons of side effects"?

It is difficult to know where to start when addressing such idiocy.

1. Pot smoking has similar health risks to cigarette smoking
2. Pot is a very poor "analgesic". There are cannabanoid receptors in the brain which mediate pain, however, tylenol is a better analgesic.
3. Pot is inferior to other conventional anti-emetics
4. If pot was a "superior" drug, the pharmaceutical industry would be producing it on a massive scale. They are motivated by profit.
5. Nearly ALL drugs are "natural", in that they are organic compounds derived initially from "nature". However, unlike "natural" medicines, they are pure and regulated. Why do you think that the drug industry does not-
a. use St. John's wort for depression?
b. curry and ginger for analgesics?
c. garlic as an anti-coagulant?

I would suggest that YOU, when faced with a life threatening infection, cancer, or a cardiovascular event, simply avoid the hospital and smoke pot to treat your medical problems. There may be something to social darwinism after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies