Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 11:34 PM

15,053 posts, read 8,624,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Your "study" is bullcrap. That is from a survey in NEJM as to whether physicians WOULD ALLOW a dying cancer patients to smoke pot. The answer (for me as well) is ,"OF COURSE"! Let a dying patient do whatever the hell they want.

Now if the survey (which does not, by any means, constitute a valid study or "data"- keep in mind that NEJM is subscribed to and read by predmoninantly northeast primary care docs) asked if physicians thought that the medical literature, through randomized, blinded prospective studies, showed "medical" benefit of pot, you would have an entirely different answer.

I feel as though I am "talking" to a bunch of first graders about medical issues, and what constitutes a valid study. If you are that lost, no amount of information will change your "expert" opinion! I find it amazing that lay people, through a cursory internet search, purport to have superior information to those who actually have degrees! We call those patients "sh*t house physicians".
What an arrogant, self righteous diatribe. First of all "Doctor", the majority of your post "degree" information comes from the pharmaceutical sales reps that provide you the latest information on cutting edge pharmaceuticals, including what diseases they treat, and how much to prescribe. These glorified used car salesman, with higher commission rates and expense accounts are the main source of your expert knowledge, and exactly what does that make you? It makes you a walking, talking pharmaceutical dispenser, with about as much expertise as that of a coke machine.

The reality is, there are a plethora of medical benefits of cannabis, some of which have been scientifically documented, with THC being the isolated active component, while other benefits that have not been "approved" by the Gods on high are nonetheless legitimate. Aside from the mainstream verification of the legitimate medical applications, many more are known to be highly effective, to include being a strong anti-cancer/cancer curative agent. Of course, anything that might be effective against cancer will no doubt be targeted, because Billions of dollars are at stake, and we can't have safe, non-toxic natural treatments that compete with the highly toxic synthetic drugs, now can we?

The fraud being perpetrated by the medical establishment by such efforts to maintain total monopoly on treatment of disease, makes you people the most vile profiteers that exist, exceeding even the war profiteers, as they at least don't pretend to care about or protect people's health and well being. They are more honest about what they do for a paycheck.

But just so everyone understands what double talk you among the medical establishment regularly engage in ... your earlier comments need to be addressed and exposed as the fraud that they promote:

4. If pot was a "superior" drug, the pharmaceutical industry would be producing it on a massive scale. They are motivated by profit.

This is quite false, and shows that you are either woefully inept and uninformed, or deliberately being deceptive. The truth is, the pharmaceutical industry will NEVER use, nor acknowledge the effectiveness of any organic, natural substance because these things cannot be patented, thereby eliminating the profitability of such products. This is precisely why they lobbied (bribed) to have laws passed that make it a crime for anyone to claim that any product which is not an FDA approved pharmaceutical drug can be used for the treatment or cure of any disease.

Case in point ... although it has been known for over 200 years that the disease "scurvy" is a direct result of vitamin C deficiency, and that the administration of vitamin C supplementation is the cure, manufacturers and sellers of vitamin C are prohibited from stating that fact, by law. If they did simply state that scientific fact, they could and would be prosecuted .. have their company shut down, and their products confiscated. This is what the FDA actually is ... the goon squad whose real purpose is to maintain, by force, the monopoly enjoyed by big pharma on the treatment of disease.

5. Nearly ALL drugs are "natural", in that they are organic compounds derived initially from "nature". However, unlike "natural" medicines, they are pure and regulated. Why do you think that the drug industry does not-
a. use St. John's wort for depression?
b. curry and ginger for analgesics?
c. garlic as an anti-coagulant?

Total nonsense. NO pharmaceutical drug is a natural organic compound, precisely because of what I mentioned before, relative to patents. The truth is, ALL pharmaceutical drugs are synthetic. While these synthetic drugs may often be a synthetic version of a natural organic substance, they are not themselves natural at all, but a chemically similar synthetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 07:20 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,121,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
I take like two aspirin a year, normally I smoke a joint and the headache is gone.. one spliff a day keeps big pharma away

hawk take those facts and smoke them in your pipe
Depression, anxiety. Both can be treated with the right strains. Nausea. Loss of appetite.

Hawkeye isn't a doctor or either isn't a very informed one on the subject. How can you say something has no medicinal benefits when there's synthetic prescription meds duplicating its affects!

Old 08-03-2013, 09:36 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Depression, anxiety. Both can be treated with the right strains. Nausea. Loss of appetite.

Hawkeye isn't a doctor or either isn't a very informed one on the subject. How can you say something has no medicinal benefits when there's synthetic prescription meds duplicating its affects!
Agreed. It's really proof that a lot of so called doctors are poorly qualified to give medical advice of any kind.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:45 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,727,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post

^^^^ must be a big pharm rep like guyNtexas was stating..

as of right now i'm going to attack a bag of chips puff, puff

Old 08-03-2013, 11:37 AM

15,053 posts, read 8,624,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Agreed. It's really proof that a lot of so called doctors are poorly qualified to give medical advice of any kind.
There are two schools of thought on this, and I suspect that both have merit. On the one hand, doctors are bound to the rules developed by the medical establishment, called "Standard of Care", which places them in jeopardy of malpractice and sanctions in the form of medical license revocation should they dare to step outside those clearly established guidelines for patient treatments. This keeps everyone in line with the mainstream consensus. Those that stray outside those lines, or worse, those that speak out against more dangerous and toxic pharmaceuticals in favor of alternative treatments using natural medicine are labeled quacks and are targeted and viciously attacked by the establishment. So, self interests and self preservation tend to encourage the medical doctors to toe the lines established for them. I suspect some do so with the full belief that the information they are working with is the most accurate, while convinced of the legitimacy of the propaganda about natural alternative treatments being both useless and dangerous. I'd say that covers a significant portion of the medical profession.

On the other hand, I'm sure there are many who deliberately turn a blind eye, whether consciously or unconsciously, because it is in their best interests to do so. This is really a form of willful ignorance, because their personal integrity would be compromised by knowingly withholding more effective and less toxic treatments in favor of the more dangerous and less effective pharmaceuticals, for no other reason than profit. So they use the mainstream consensus as their cover for continuing to do what they do. They convince themselves of the truthfulness and accuracy of this consensus on medical treatments, because it provides that psychological safe haven of acting in the best interests of their patients, when the ultimate reality is, they are simply serving their own best interests by being good little soldiers, and not rocking the boat. My hands are tied, they say to themselves ... besides ... all of the journals and studies and science supports what I'm doing!

That's how this system operates, and why they continue to get away with the outrage of having 200,000 people die each year from pharmaceutical drugs taken as directed. 200,000 !!!! This places prescription medication in the top 3 list of the major causes of death, along with Cancer, and Heart Disease. But god forbid someone use one of those "dangerous", impure, unregulated natural substances.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:38 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,950,522 times
We're 17 TRILLION in debt and unemployment is still around 7.5%, and the liberals are chortling about legalized marijuana. That pretty much says it all.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:47 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,461,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The law is one of the strictest in the nation for medicinal marijuana, but it's a foot in the door. This issue is definitely trending in the right direction.

Illinois governor to sign medical marijuana bill today - chicagotribune.com
I wish my state would. It is routinely used in other states to treat the nerve pain that comes with my condition but I can't get it here. Instead I get a lifetime supply of hydrocodone which does next to nothing to actually help.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:48 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,727,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
We're 17 TRILLION in debt and unemployment is still around 7.5%, and the liberals are chortling about legalized marijuana. That pretty much says it all.

they are raiding dispensaries in Washington state another obam lie

Old 08-03-2013, 03:54 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,121,470 times
Quote:
Is it a victory or not?? Some of us are tired of being treated like criminals.

Legalization isn't a "liberal" issue. Stop with the baby talk.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:50 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
I think we are being held hostage by pharmaceutical companies who want to push their drugs when there is a natural remedy for some. And guess what, we can get it for free by growing it ourselves. But of course that's the dirty little secret. There is no money in that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies