Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 07:52 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,031,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
We're 17 TRILLION in debt and unemployment is still around 7.5%, and the liberals are chortling about legalized marijuana. That pretty much says it all.

Leftist policies are the reason cannabis became illegal in the first place. But then again you already knew that. Gee, and I thought cons were all about the government staying out of the lives of the individual?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 07:53 AM

8,660 posts, read 9,190,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Well, that'll keep these guys out of the donut shops, they look like they need exercise anyway. Chasing more intoxicated drivers and pedestrians.
Unless they smoke a little. That'll keep'em in the donut shop.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Wow

These, of course, have no relevance.
For you and your career it has no relevance. For someone in severe chronic pain, who is treated like a drug seeker constantly by uncaring, DEA frightened doctors, it could be very relevant. It could be life or death. I agree doctors have a cross to bare when it pertains to drug seekers, which do exist unfortunately, and the DEA breathing down their backs but I've witness way too many doctors who will not treat difficult chronic conditions that require large doses of narcotics. Thus, the relevance. I'm a husband of an ill wife. One thing is for sure, if a doctor's wife, daughter, sister or mother is suffering the good doctor will do everything to relieve their pain..........and above all, there own.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Leftist policies are the reason cannabis became illegal in the first place. But then again you already knew that. Gee, and I thought cons were all about the government staying out of the lives of the individual?
Not really. Read up on Dupont, rope and Nylon.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Not really. Read up on Dupont, rope and Nylon.

I'm aware. And who did they lobby to make cannabis illegal? Big gubbermint!

Old 08-06-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I'm aware. And who did they lobby to make cannabis illegal? Big gubbermint!
Well who else are they supposed to lobby, the Cosa Nostra, or no one at all?

Old 08-06-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Well who else are they supposed to lobby, the Cosa Nostra, or no one at all?

Not arguing, but it just goes to show that it's all about money, and that palms were greased, and continue to be to insure that cannabis remains illegal under federal law. At any rate, the tide is turning.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:46 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,493,390 times
The problem with medical MJ is that too many people find a quack doctor just to get high. They are not using it for medical uses, they are ABUSING IT. All you who are excited about medical MJ just want to find a quack to get a script from. I DOUBT many here have a medical need for it. It should be legalized across the board not just for medical reasons and that would solve that issue of quack doctors popping up all over getting rich off the scam. It could be regulated like alcohol and sold at liquor stores.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It should be legalized across the board

Agreed. Nothing more needs to be said.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:06 AM

11,184 posts, read 6,536,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The problem with medical MJ is that too many people find a quack doctor just to get high. They are not using it for medical uses, they are ABUSING IT. All you who are excited about medical MJ just want to find a quack to get a script from. I DOUBT many here have a medical need for it. It should be legalized across the board not just for medical reasons and that would solve that issue of quack doctors popping up all over getting rich off the scam. It could be regulated like alcohol and sold at liquor stores.
Unless marijuana's legal for everyone, which isn't happening any time soon, you'd rather deny it to many who need it for legit medical reasons than have some people abuse medical legalization. That's a sick, heartless, cruel pov. How about banning all prescription drugs because some people abuse the system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies