Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2013, 06:32 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,459,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Again......

World News & World Report - reprinted at Real Politics:

Bush, Cheney and the administration have the truth on their side. Exhaustive and authoritative examinations of the prewar intelligence, by the bipartisan report of the Senate Intelligence Committee in 2004, by the Silberman-Robb Commission in 2005 and by the British commission headed by Lord Butler, have established that U.S. intelligence agencies, and the intelligence organizations of leading countries like Britain, France and Germany, believed that Saddam Hussein's regime was in possession of or developing weapons of mass destruction -- chemical and biological weapons, which the regime had used before, and nuclear weapons, which it was working on in the 1980s.

To the charges that Bush "cherry-picked" intelligence, the commission co-chaired by former Democratic Sen. Charles Robb found that the intelligence available to Bush but not to Congress was even more alarming than the intelligence Congress had.

The Silberman-Robb panel also concluded, after a detailed investigation, that in no instance did Bush administration authorities pressure intelligence officials to alter their findings.

Much of the intelligence turned out to be wrong. But Bush didn't lie about it.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/Com..._21_05_MB.html

Posted with TapaTalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 06:45 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,765,700 times
I have said it before, but I knew Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11, and the move to pin the event to Iraq was a transparent snow job all through 2002 and early 2003. Saddam was a brutal thug, not a crazed zealot. Bush wanted Saddam and cooked the books to get him. It was obvious. If a semipolitical guy could see it plain as day, most other thinking folks could too. The folks who refuse to think? Well, they carried the day. By the way, Obama's take was almost exactly the same as mine. He knew it was a garbage war. Deflect all you like, the GOP led us into an unnecessary war, and they have the ballz to act the victims.
Oh, and they reelected the dude who did this:

Un....friggin...believable.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:54 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,639,313 times
I honestly doubt that Bush even knew the difference between Sunni and Shia Islam, let alone the difference between U-235 and U-238. He was unqualified to be making those sorts of determinations, which is why he outsourced all of that to his advisers - unfortunately, they turned out to be a pack of neocon vipers.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:55 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I have said it before, but I knew Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11, and the move to pin the event to Iraq was a transparent snow job all through 2002 and early 2003. Saddam was a brutal thug, not a crazed zealot. Bush wanted Saddam and cooked the books to get him. It was obvious. If a semipolitical guy could see it plain as day, most other thinking folks could too. The folks who refuse to think? Well, they carried the day. By the way, Obama's take was almost exactly the same as mine. He knew it was a garbage war. Deflect all you like, the GOP led us into an unnecessary war, and they have the ballz to act the victims.
And they reelected the dude who did this:

Un....friggin...believable.
The idea that Saddam had anything to do with 9/11 is a canard. The Bush admin did not say it at the time.
Bush Says Saddam Hussein Was Not Connected to 9/11

Bush did not not cook the books--Saddam cooked the books. He admitted after being captured that he pursued a 'deterrence by doubt' strategy. Your major objection is that we took out a 'brutal thug' rather than a 'crazed zealot?'

Old 08-19-2013, 07:01 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Bush did not "cook the books." See the post above you (#301).

Old 08-19-2013, 07:04 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,583,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
About 10 years ago, I didn't have much internet access to see arguments in the online political community. For those who did, how did conservatives defend GW after no WMDs were found in Iraq?
Bush wasn't a conservative, he was a neo-conservative. Look up the definition of neo-conservative and their agenda. War and interventionist foreign policy is a liberal idea. Always has been, still is. How do you defend Obama's war making? You know, the war's he started with the same exact logic the neo-con's used to get us into Iraq.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The idea that Saddam had anything to do with 9/11 is a canard. The Bush admin did not say it at the time.
Bush Says Saddam Hussein Was Not Connected to 9/11

Bush did not not cook the books--Saddam cooked the books. He admitted after being captured that he pursued a 'deterrence by doubt' strategy. Your major objection is that we took out a 'brutal thug' rather than a 'crazed zealot?'
Well, we launched a ten year war against a thug who was not culpable in 9/11. Big, no MASSIVE, screwup. We don't launch wars against thugs. How the hell can you defend that? Sheesh, you folks have no shame, nor standards.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Bush did not "cook the books." See the post above you (#301).
Bush & Co. shaded the truth, and you damn well know it. Don't insult our intelligence. I am not that smart, and I saw it plain as a turd in the punchbowl. Go ahead and drink the punch, but I'll stick with the bottled beer.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:21 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,459,601 times
Quote:
Bush & Co. shaded the truth, and you damn well know it. Don't insult our intelligence. I am not that smart, and I saw it plain as a turd in the punchbowl. Go ahead and drink the punch, but I'll stick with the bottled beer.
Don't let any facts get in your eyes whatever you do!

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-19-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Don't let any facts get in your eyes whatever you do!

Posted with TapaTalk
Do you honestly believe Saddam had ANYTHING to do with 9/11? It was self-evident he did not. Smearing Saddam with it was a set up, plain and simple. Saddam knew damn well the US capabilities. He knew it would end his scam. He was a criminal, not a global terrorist. Think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies